Can I get my apps on both? Do I need a new BB ID? I just received the 64 to go along with my 32. This is going to be fun. I know bridge will only work with one at a time. Any advice? If I sign on with my existing BB ID will it kill my 32 PB as far as Apps etc?
    Last edited by travaz; 01-11-12 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Additional Question
    01-11-12 09:13 PM
    Using the same BBID on both lets you use either to connect to your App World account and get the same apps.

There are disadvantages, such as you can't video chat between the two of them. The disadvantages will probably multiply over time, and may be too much to handle once 2.0 comes out (I have no idea... just speculating about that).
    01-11-12 09:22 PM
    thanks for the answer. I( have OS 2 on the 32(old PB) that I DL from the beta - deveoper zone. So we shall see. Let the fun begin.
    01-11-12 09:34 PM
    There are disadvantages, such as you can't video chat between the two of them. The disadvantages will probably multiply over time, and may be too much to handle once 2.0 comes out (I have no idea... just speculating about that).
    I was thinking about the same... I registered by new(er) 64G with the same BB ID already.... I havent used it for anything yet besides making sure everything works. Whats the easiest way to get it on a new BB ID? Can I just create a new BB ID and change the account somewhere on the PB? - - Thanks!
    01-11-12 09:39 PM
    I signed in with same id and it was all cool. The only problem I have now is the battery is at 15% so it wont continue without charging. So i have it plugged in and am waiting. Wow what a fun week CES new OS update for my 9930 and a new Playbook. Christmas all over again!
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-11-12 09:47 PM
    I was thinking about the same... I registered by new(er) 64G with the same BB ID already.... I havent used it for anything yet besides making sure everything works. Whats the easiest way to get it on a new BB ID? Can I just create a new BB ID and change the account somewhere on the PB? - - Thanks!
    If you have set up two PBs with the same BBID and you want to change one of them to another, distinct BBID, there is only one way to do so and that is to do a security wipe on the one you want to change and specify the new BBID during the set-up process. By going this route, you will end up with two distince BBIDs with separate app history.

On the other hand, if you want to change the username (i.e. the email address) on both devices and retain the current app history on both, then you can access the BBID web site and edit your profile. Tap the Help Icon, tap BlackBerry App World then tap the link that takes you to blackberryid.blackberry.com. After making your changes online, the changed value will be reflected on both PBs after you restart them - Gear Icon/About/BlackBerry Id.
    01-11-12 10:17 PM
    If you have set up two PBs with the same BBID and you want to change one of them to another, distinct BBID, there is only one way to do so and that is to do a security wipe on the one you want to change and specify the new BBID during the set-up process. By going this route, you will end up with two distince BBIDs with separate app history.

On the other hand, if you want to change the username (i.e. the email address) on both devices and retain the current app history on both, then you can access the BBID web site and edit your profile. Tap the Help Icon, tap BlackBerry App World then tap the link that takes you to blackberryid.blackberry.com. After making your changes online, the changed value will be reflected on both PBs after you restart them - Gear Icon/About/BlackBerry Id.
    Thanks for the detailed and to-the-point info on this.... just one more question though! If I go with the second option you listed (changing just the username), will it let the two PBs video-chat with each other? I believe so, but just wanted to confirm with you - - Thanks again!
    01-12-12 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD