05-21-13 09:12 AM
36 12
tools
    So when ever i click a link on cb using chrome on my Ipad this add pops up...
    Will try it later with my pb but it drives me crazy
    I've tried the native browser on my pb, the CB app on my pb with the same resulting screen. I wouldn't mind if it ever displayed the advert?????? It just hangs there until you press the X and if your lucky it disappears. If your not you are transported to some page you didn't want in the first place. This is the second time it's happened but I read a post earlier on from Orange who mentioned a third party browser that blocks this pop-up and when I find it again I'm going to try the browser he mentioned. Doesn't solve the cause of the problem but it's so annoying that if it works I don't care.
    05-19-13 08:34 AM
    There are at least two browsers that can block ads or popups. SimpleBrowser+ (I don't know if the free version would work but you can try that first) and Fast Browser.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-19-13 09:18 AM
    There are at least two browsers that can block ads or popups. SimpleBrowser+ (I don't know if the free version would work but you can try that first) and Fast Browser.
    F2 my dear friend. I feel I have to say this although it will probably result in you giving me a bollocking but so be it.

This is not the first time I have asked for help on this forum and although probably deserved, I have been more than a little disappointed with the helpful replies hence my comment to you, "I know all that".

You are the exception to that and when I first started posting, you were simply F2 the forum user. Your posts when I asked for help then and now have always been there as you are now which has prompted my comments. You now hold the esteemed title of Ambassador but you haven't changed from just being yourself and for that I thank you. I do not know any of the moderators the same as I like to think I know you and though I am unaware of the CrackBerry status titles I personally think that you would make a brilliant moderator or if there's a title above that then you should get that.

I will try both of those browsers just to test them but just like you, another person I hold in high esteem is Kevin. He posted a reply to me yesterday stating that he would escalate this issue for me and after his last response I believed him. When I first logged on this morning the problem was still there, but true to his word whilst I have been using the forum the problem has completely disappeared! Less than 24hrs from promise to resolution, now who can fault that for customer service?

Thank you Kevin and thank you F2.

Now boys and girls and hairdressers and aliens and any other minority groups I've missed out, this is why we are all here. I visit all the forums not just the BB ones and even on the other bb forums, the people just don't seem to be on the same level. Yes we are here because we own a pb but how many people (own up) don't own a pb and either just read or post or do both on this forum?

Just needed to get that off my chest and now I'm knackered. I need my cellar urgently!!!!!!!!
    05-19-13 09:48 AM
    Because it's not peculiar to the CB app. It happens in the native browser and in the app. It doesn't happen on my Z10 so it's a particular pb problem and by the response apart from the help from F2 I'm getting from forum members is the typical response, "its not happening to me so I don't care". Well it's driving me mad so thanks you all.

Let me think back, was I not the one that started a thread on how slow cb had suddenly become, oh look yes I was and it was followed by several posts immediately from members stating the same. Why they didn't start a thread asking the same question about this problem, oh forget that question I realise that they were too busy asking stupid questions about bb10 coming to the pb or where's skype for the pb.

The end result was Kevin admitted the site was very slow because of modifications they had made that had not gone quite to plan. The way Kevin and his team responded and dealt with the problem was exemplary, but what if I hadn't posted the thread in the first place? We would all be sat here alone winging to ourselves about it!

What's wrong with this forum these days?

Oh sorry once again forget that last comment, I realise my mistake, I should be asking stupid inane questions about bb10 and the pb. I promise I will try harder next time!
    oh geez no one can find all the bugs, day tonday use is the best bug finder
    05-19-13 10:24 AM
    Yes that's the one. Oh thank you thank you, I was beginning to think I was imagining it.
    Shouldn't you be apologizing to BB? Hmmmm.......cynical old man you ......wait til the BB10 update comes to PB you'll have to eat.......oh wait...never mind.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-19-13 12:55 PM
    Does it make any difference which search engine the browser is using?
    05-19-13 03:53 PM
    oh geez no one can find all the bugs, day tonday use is the best bug finder
    Well the best bug finder I own is my fingers. Don't write bad code and guess what? It works!!!!!!!!

So called programmers? (ha ha ha) these days simply don't fully understand what they are even coding. They work on remote sites and write 1000 lines of code and send it down the line without even knowing what it's for! Do you really expect me to believe that the coding for 'bridge' would need that much redevelopment by rim to work on bb10??????? Give me a break. It's already part of the pb OS and the handset version. Is how big? Wow how big? Yes it's all of 1.2Mb in size. That would probably take a decent coder 1 - 2 days maybe 3 days to code from scratch. They only have to amend it for goodness sake not rewrite the damn thing. As you rightly say they don't even have to test their second best attempts at coding because they release it on us poor mugs without even testing it themselves as we do it for them. Goodness sake RIM will be coming on this forum next asking us to do the actual coding ourselves and we can test it, slag each other off when it doesn't work and then when it's perfect RIM can market it. Well perhaps we could arrange the marketing on RIM's behalf because they are even crap at that.

Wow boys we've just turned RIM into a money making business again!!!!!!!
    FF22 likes this.
    05-19-13 04:09 PM
    By the way, there's even a new browser in very good rudimentary form in the app/game forum. More ad-blockers and swiping gestures and a small "trackpad" for scrolling without touching/triggering links. Sideload for now. Proving there are still coders and still interest in our dead-end tablet.
    05-19-13 05:40 PM
    By the way, there's even a new browser in very good rudimentary form in the app/game forum. More ad-blockers and swiping gestures and a small "trackpad" for scrolling without touching/triggering links. Sideload for now. Proving there are still coders and still interest in our dead-end tablet.
    We'll be here until the bitter end and when the noise stops and the smoke clears we will all be able to look around us and say "where the **** are we"?
    05-20-13 07:57 AM
    So for me the crazy add on every click has gone for now...
    Cheers
    05-21-13 02:47 AM
    If Kevin was the CEO of BlackBerry we would have all been on bb11 by now and bridge would still be working. He listens, he understands, he acts. Can't ask anymore than that from anyone!

Posted via CB10
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    05-21-13 09:12 AM
36 12