I'll start with my first problem which is trivial but at times can get me to the point where I want to throw my playbook into the sea (5mins walk from where I live). It did happen a while ago and then stopped as suddenly as it started. Each time I log into cb I get this annoying screen opens up stating "advertisements brought to you by crackberry". Each time the Page refreshes I get the same damned annoying screen! Anybody have a clue why it's suddenly started again?

The second is a little more confusing and concerns my wifi. For some reason it has started to forget my wifi connections. I have one connection at home and one at my office. They have been saved on my pb for two years now and never had a problem with either. Yesterday my wifi wouldn't connect and to my surprise when I went into saved networks it was empty? I entered the settings again and made sure it was saved in my pb. I also entered my office connection settings and saved them.

At the office this morning my pb would not connect and yes you guessed it when I looked in saved connections it was blank again. For some reason it forgets my saved connection details. I don't suspect a major wifi problem as when the details are entered again it connects perfectly and I am using it now but why can it not remember the saved wifi connections anymore?
    05-17-13 07:00 AM
    How full is your pb? Have you fully restarted it?

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.

If that does not fix things, wiping and reloading (a real pain) might be tried.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-17-13 08:42 AM
    How full is your pb? Have you fully restarted it?

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.

If that does not fix things, wiping and reloading (a real pain) might be tried.
    I know all that but will it help get rid of this crap advertising screen that keeps popping up??? Gggrrrrrrrrr.........
    05-17-13 12:25 PM
    I know all that but will it help get rid of this crap advertising screen that keeps popping up??? Gggrrrrrrrrr.........
    I guess CB is very AD-prone. I mostly check in to CB using my desktop and it has ad-blockers and a few other stoppers. Maybe Fast Browser (additional cost) would work.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-17-13 12:29 PM
    This is now getting to be a pain in the arse. In trying to reply to you F2 this tucking screen came up three times!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Now brother forum addicts and others, on a serious note my pb is acting very strange!!!!!!-img_00000038.jpg  
    05-17-13 12:29 PM
    I'll start with my first problem which is trivial but at times can get me to the point where I want to throw my playbook into the sea (5mins walk from where I live). It did happen a while ago and then stopped as suddenly as it started. Each time I log into cb I get this annoying screen opens up stating "advertisements brought to you by crackberry". Each time the Page refreshes I get the same damned annoying screen! Anybody have a clue why it's suddenly started again?

The second is a little more confusing and concerns my wifi. For some reason it has started to forget my wifi connections. I have one connection at home and one at my office. They have been saved on my pb for two years now and never had a problem with either. Yesterday my wifi wouldn't connect and to my surprise when I went into saved networks it was empty? I entered the settings again and made sure it was saved in my pb. I also entered my office connection settings and saved them.

At the office this morning my pb would not connect and yes you guessed it when I looked in saved connections it was blank again. For some reason it forgets my saved connection details. I don't suspect a major wifi problem as when the details are entered again it connects perfectly and I am using it now but why can it not remember the saved wifi connections anymore?
    Did you upgraded to BB10??.. oh wait!!
    05-17-13 12:36 PM
    Did you upgraded to BB10??.. oh wait!!
    Never thought about that. How do I check if I did?
    05-17-13 12:46 PM
    Don't know about the WiFi but Crackberry has gone overboard with the ads. I've started to use the Android app, CB Forums on both the PB and ↓..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-17-13 12:48 PM
    Don't know about the WiFi but Crackberry has gone overboard with the ads. I've started to use the Android app, CB Forums on both the PB and ↓..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    It's beyond a damn joke now. Every time I try to post or read a thread or return back to the forum I get this *ucking screen. It's full screen and sometimes lock my pb for 10 - 20 secs.

I wouldn't mind if any adverts ever appeared on the tucking screen it just locks my screen and sits there being about as useful as Thor.
    Attached Thumbnails Now brother forum addicts and others, on a serious note my pb is acting very strange!!!!!!-img_00000038.jpg  
    05-17-13 12:59 PM
    I just loaded CB but am not logged in. So ads do appear off to the right. In Privacy Security I do have BLOCK POPUPS set for ON. I don't see the ad popups you have.
    05-17-13 03:42 PM
    oh jolly good, I've just noticed I'm a not an abuser anymore ima bonified addict
    05-17-13 07:26 PM
    I just loaded CB but am not logged in. So ads do appear off to the right. In Privacy Security I do have BLOCK POPUPS set for ON. I don't see the ad popups you have.
    Hi F2, I wasn't being funny with you yesterday when I replied "I know all that" and I inevitably solved the wifi issue by doing, yes you guessed it, a complete security wipe and reinstall. It's never happened before but me being me although I already know the solution but I would like to know the cause as well. I have solved the issue but still don't know the cause?

The ad issue is still with me however and I do have 'block pop-ups' set to 'yes'. I have the adverts down the right hand side as normal but each time I change Page to read a post or return to the main screen of the forum I get that black and white screen shown above. It's full screen and locks the pb screen. Pressing the X in the top corner can take 10 to 25 secs to clear the screen and then everything works normally until the next time it pops up. Last night I left it for 30 mins to see if the screen would display any of the advertisements it mentioned but it just remains black and white as the above screenshot displays. I have cleared the cache and checked all settings which are the same as always. This did happen to me a while ago if you remember, I started a thread on it and it just continued for about three days and then stopped as mysteriously as it had started. Unlike the wifi problem I now neither know the cause or the solution but for someone who likes to use this forum regularly it is annoying to the point of considering stopping using it! (and yes I did hear the cheers from the forum members when I said that).

Mmmmmmmm that may be the point! Is this a undercover plot by Kevin and the BlackBerry secret police to get me off the forum? See F2 it takes me a while to get there but eventually I work it out!

Now where's my cellar got to?
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    05-18-13 06:37 AM
    Just deleted the CB app from my pb, rebooted and reinstalled cb. Still the damned advert screen!
    05-18-13 07:06 AM
    Update, used crackberry directly through browser and still the ******* advert pops up. Now trying through my Z10. Does anyone know what the **** is going on?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 07:46 AM
    Hi F2, I wasn't being funny with you yesterday when I replied "I know all that" and I inevitably solved the wifi issue by doing, yes you guessed it, a complete security wipe and reinstall. It's never happened before but me being me although I already know the solution but I would like to know the cause as well. I have solved the issue but still don't know the cause?

The ad issue is still with me however and I do have 'block pop-ups' set to 'yes'. I have the adverts down the right hand side as normal but each time I change Page to read a post or return to the main screen of the forum I get that black and white screen shown above. It's full screen and locks the pb screen. Pressing the X in the top corner can take 10 to 25 secs to clear the screen and then everything works normally until the next time it pops up. Last night I left it for 30 mins to see if the screen would display any of the advertisements it mentioned but it just remains black and white as the above screenshot displays. I have cleared the cache and checked all settings which are the same as always. This did happen to me a while ago if you remember, I started a thread on it and it just continued for about three days and then stopped as mysteriously as it had started. Unlike the wifi problem I now neither know the cause or the solution but for someone who likes to use this forum regularly it is annoying to the point of considering stopping using it! (and yes I did hear the cheers from the forum members when I said that).

Mmmmmmmm that may be the point! Is this a undercover plot by Kevin and the BlackBerry secret police to get me off the forum? See F2 it takes me a while to get there but eventually I work it out!

Now where's my cellar got to?
    I have programmed and worked with computers for, ye-gads, 40 some years. They just sometimes go on a frolic of their own. Did you install any new apps? Again, did you fill up its memory? Did you get out of the bed on the wrong side? Any of these and other things can just sometimes do it.

As for the ads, I generally sit at the computer and do CB unless I'm out-of-town or just in the mood. Why, because what I do is open separate tabs for each new thread, read and/or reply and close the tab and the next is there waiting for me. No need to open a thread, read/reply and then GOBACK. I just find it simpler. Although if there are enough tabs opened, by the time I get to tab 20 or so, someone else may have answered - so be it! So the last time I really used the pb for CB (both through SimpleBrowser+ and the CB app) was when I was in Italy in Jan/Feb.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-18-13 08:35 AM
    I have programmed and worked with computers for, ye-gads, 40 some years. They just sometimes go on a frolic of their own. Did you install any new apps? Again, did you fill up its memory? Did you get out of the bed on the wrong side? Any of these and other things can just sometimes do it.

As for the ads, I generally sit at the computer and do CB unless I'm out-of-town or just in the mood. Why, because what I do is open separate tabs for each new thread, read and/or reply and close the tab and the next is there waiting for me. No need to open a thread, read/reply and then GOBACK. I just find it simpler. Although if there are enough tabs opened, by the time I get to tab 20 or so, someone else may have answered - so be it! So the last time I really used the pb for CB (both through SimpleBrowser+ and the CB app) was when I was in Italy in Jan/Feb.
    At the risk of upsetting you we are kindred spirits! I too know how fickle computer based devices can be for no obvious reason. That's all the fun for me, trying to find out why? The thing is that this is a repeat misdemeanour by my pb on the same site. The first time it arrived mysteriously and after three days disappeared just as mysteriously? Now please forgive me again because I know you are an ambassador and all that, but that would tend to make me think that, as it has happened before, with the same site, having made no changes to the pb settings, the problem indicates the web site as being the cause. I really don't know but I know it's damned annoying as I stated earlier. Especially as I did a complete wipe and reinstall to cure to wifi issue!
    05-18-13 10:35 AM
    Let's concentrate on the AD issue. You mentioned the CB app somewhere in the above thread. Are the ads happening there? Or in A browser and if so, Native Browser or 3rd party browser. And are you LOGGED ON or just visiting without logging in? Does it happen in all forums/subforums or a particular one? Or on the BLOG home page (which is Blackberry.com)?

When I looked, I had both Flash and J-script ON for a change in the native browser but popup-off.

As for the Ambassador title - if we ever meet, you may kiss my ring, er, FINGER RING! But I know nothing of the inner workings or popup-workings of the site.

edited to add: I was going to ask if this might be country-related. And now it seems Kevin has suggested this in that other thread where you just mentioned the pop-ups.
    Last edited by F2; 05-18-13 at 11:30 AM.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-18-13 11:10 AM
    why don't you post this in the crackberry site/feedback part of the forum and or the crackberry app section
    05-18-13 11:33 AM
    why don't you post this in the crackberry site/feedback part of the forum and or the crackberry app section
    Because it's not peculiar to the CB app. It happens in the native browser and in the app. It doesn't happen on my Z10 so it's a particular pb problem and by the response apart from the help from F2 I'm getting from forum members is the typical response, "its not happening to me so I don't care". Well it's driving me mad so thanks you all.

Let me think back, was I not the one that started a thread on how slow cb had suddenly become, oh look yes I was and it was followed by several posts immediately from members stating the same. Why they didn't start a thread asking the same question about this problem, oh forget that question I realise that they were too busy asking stupid questions about bb10 coming to the pb or where's skype for the pb.

The end result was Kevin admitted the site was very slow because of modifications they had made that had not gone quite to plan. The way Kevin and his team responded and dealt with the problem was exemplary, but what if I hadn't posted the thread in the first place? We would all be sat here alone winging to ourselves about it!

What's wrong with this forum these days?

Oh sorry once again forget that last comment, I realise my mistake, I should be asking stupid inane questions about bb10 and the pb. I promise I will try harder next time!
    05-18-13 12:16 PM
    Because it's not peculiar to the CB app. It happens in the native browser and in the app. It doesn't happen on my Z10 so it's a particular pb problem and by the response apart from the help from F2 I'm getting from forum members is the typical response, "its not happening to me so I don't care". Well it's driving me mad so thanks you all.

Let me think back, was I not the one that started a thread on how slow cb had suddenly become, oh look yes I was and it was followed by several posts immediately from members stating the same. Why they didn't start a thread asking the same question about this problem, oh forget that question I realise that they were too busy asking stupid questions about bb10 coming to the pb or where's skype for the pb.

The end result was Kevin admitted the site was very slow because of modifications they had made that had not gone quite to plan. The way Kevin and his team responded and dealt with the problem was exemplary, but what if I hadn't posted the thread in the first place? We would all be sat here alone winging to ourselves about it!

What's wrong with this forum these days?

Oh sorry once again forget that last comment, I realise my mistake, I should be asking stupid inane questions about bb10 and the pb. I promise I will try harder next time!
    This is an isolated incident. Coincident? I think not. I'm wearing my tin foil hat so that BB will not penetrate my thoughts. I fear for you SOM. I think you are getting closer to the truth about BB. Those ain't brandy you are consuming rather it's truth serum. Your cellar is compromised. Try getting a cart loads apples and form a circle around your house. Please keep posting to let us know your are well. The truth shall set us free!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-18-13 09:00 PM
    This is an isolated incident. Coincident? I think not. I'm wearing my tin foil hat so that BB will not penetrate my thoughts. I fear for you SOM. I think you are getting closer to the truth about BB. Those ain't brandy you are consuming rather it's truth serum. Your cellar is compromised. Try getting a cart loads apples and form a circle around your house. Please keep posting to let us know your are well. The truth shall set us free!
    Oh no! Please not my beloved cellar? Right I'm straight of to the shops to by lots of Pomegranates to make that circle round my house. Oh and a tin foil hat like yours....... Er forget the hat my thoughts are safe as I never have any.

Quite smart for a little grey, green eyed, pink nosed Italian cat aren't you?
    05-19-13 06:49 AM
    Same here on my IPad3 with google chrome
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-19-13 06:53 AM
    It's beyond a damn joke now. Every time I try to post or read a thread or return back to the forum I get this *ucking screen. It's full screen and sometimes lock my pb for 10 - 20 secs.

I wouldn't mind if any adverts ever appeared on the tucking screen it just locks my screen and sits there being about as useful as Thor.
    Now brother forum addicts and others, on a serious note my pb is acting very strange!!!!!!-image.jpg
    On my ipad 3 all the time
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-19-13 06:57 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	163214
    On my ipad 3 all the time
    Yes that's the one. Oh thank you thank you, I was beginning to think I was imagining it.
    05-19-13 07:13 AM
    So when ever i click a link on cb using chrome on my Ipad this add pops up...
    Will try it later with my pb but it drives me crazy
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-19-13 07:21 AM
36 12