Yep, got up today and the bridge does not connect. I deleted and installed again and it says that it does not autenticate. Is this happening to anyone?
    06-25-11 01:20 PM
    Works fine here. I had problems like that when my phone was still using OS5 but I upgrade the phone to OS6 and it works fine.
    06-25-11 01:30 PM
    Works fine for me....
    06-25-11 01:32 PM
    Had this happen a time or two this past week. just gotta back out and restart PB and it will eventualy take.
    06-25-11 01:32 PM
    No Hulu, Bloomberg videos aren't authorized to play on this device, Starbucks hotspots won't let any of my 3 Blackberrys connect, and now ATT blows up the bridge? It's a full blown conspiracy. Corporate America has declared war on us 50,000 playbook owners. Be afraid...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 01:33 PM
    Not having any problems here and I am on AT&T. I am using a Bold 9700 that has the latest OS5 that was authorized by AT&T. Was thinking about going to OS6 but will probably wait for the 9900 to come out. Everything is working fine right now and I don't want to mess with it!
    06-25-11 01:48 PM
    AT&T is close to BB Bridge certification. They're kind of waiting on RIM to bring native email and such as it requires a total re-write of code. Should be here soon.
    06-25-11 01:50 PM
    There is no question AT&T is hurting blackberry. Maybe they are mad that the Torch 2 is going to be released at other places, as some other leaks have shown, or maybe it is the "special relationship" with apple but either way, as soon as the bold touch or torch 2 go anywhere but AT&T (they are exclusive for torch) I am gone and we are never going back. I called to complain about bridge and they blamed RIMM for not giving them time to review it but really, it has been over a month and they have not released it. If they are trying to make RIMM's tablet, which really is a superior product to iPad2, fail it must mean they are scared of it. The Playbook has 10% more powerful processor, 50% more RAM, full flash web, dual stereo speakers (yes the iPad does not have dual speakers! so much for the multi-media master) oh, and by the way, it just feels good! But the real fear comes from the upcoming ability to run android apps.
    Think about it, although RIMM purchased TAT and is rolling out new apps that is the one area where they are way behind and will probably never catch up. Once they can run the droid apps that they approve and clear them they will have awesome apps that are also virus free, the android market does not have such controls and as you probably know, several viruses have attacked droid phones already but not a single one has gotten to blackberry. I'm sure it is just business for apple, hey if they kill RIMM they will only have one competitor left and with less competition comes higher prices and less choice.
    If I wanted to abandon blackberry I would have but this is unfair competition and I'm sticking with blackberry because that was my choice as a consumer and AT&T can just shove their network. Sprint, here I come. If you are an AT&T customer and like me want to have the Bold Touch (or just the damned choice to have a blackberry), please consider going to any other network other than AT&T and tell them why when you leave. The receiving carrier will pay you for most of the penalty to leave if any.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 06-25-11 at 02:04 PM.
    rcab likes this.
    06-25-11 01:50 PM
    AT&T is close to BB Bridge certification. They're kind of waiting on RIM to bring native email and such as it requires a total re-write of code. Should be here soon.
    What in ****'s Kitchen does BlackBerry Bridge have to do with native email and PIM applications on the BlackBerry PlayBook? Answer: Not a damn thing.

Obviously, Crucial_Xtreme has no idea what he/she/it is speaking about.
    06-25-11 01:55 PM
    What in ****'s Kitchen does BlackBerry Bridge have to do with native email and PIM applications on the BlackBerry PlayBook? Answer: Not a damn thing.

lmao! good joke, fall on the floor funny
    06-25-11 02:03 PM
    No Hulu, Bloomberg videos aren't authorized to play on this device, Starbucks hotspots won't let any of my 3 Blackberrys connect, and now ATT blows up the bridge? It's a full blown conspiracy. Corporate America has declared war on us 50,000 playbook owners. Be afraid...

i've never tried Hulu or Bloomberg but Starbucks hotspots always work for me.

Every issue a few playbook owners have doesnt equal a conspiracy.
    06-25-11 02:23 PM

It is easy to predict the future if you don't actually commit to much. Odds are that AT&T will eventually certify the Bridge. I can state any reason about what has to happen in order for it to come about and I can never be proven wrong. I follow all of these predictions and they are always vague on timing and anything else that matters. It is just gossip circulating. I would not pay too much attention.
    06-25-11 02:49 PM
    i've never tried Hulu or Bloomberg but Starbucks hotspots always work for me.

Every issue a few playbook owners have doesnt equal a conspiracy.
    i actually setup my pb at a starbucks next to bestbuy when i first bought it cus i didnt have the patience to go home

starbucks still works
    bridge still works too
    06-25-11 02:50 PM
    lmao! good joke, fall on the floor funny
    Yeah that one was probably the best I've seen on here in a while.

06-25-11 02:51 PM

The Bridge in its current state addresses the lack of PIM. Once native PIM is introduced something will need to be done in order to keep all the info flowing throw the PIM apps in sync.
    06-25-11 02:57 PM

No issues with Starbucks here.
    06-25-11 03:07 PM
    I am using the Torch and I have AT&T and have no problem with the bridge working today. I agree that AT&T has had sufficient time with the bridge issue and I too believe it is just their greed that keeps them denying it. I believe if Sprint can get some decent phones and improve their footprint they can pass AT&T and Verizon by not establishing a data usage limit. I have lost all confidence in AT&T and believe they have grown too large to where they are like the original AT&T and it is time for the government to break them apart again and establish some true competition that will improve the service and establish better customer service relationship with the consumers.
    06-25-11 04:38 PM
    The Bridge in its current state addresses the lack of PIM. Once native PIM is introduced something will need to be done in order to keep all the info flowing throw the PIM apps in sync.
    My point exactly. I was trying, and apparently failed, to convey the ludicrous assertion put forth by C_X. I quite prefer the lack of native email and PIM because the bridge mode works perfectly well for me. That said, I understand some people do not own a BlackBerry smartphone so bridge mode is not an option. However, when C_X claimed the reason AT&T was delaying approval of bridge mode operation on its network was due to waiting for the availability of native email and PIM it was evident his/her misinformation/disinformation had to be curtailed. Forum Moderator, or not, C_X was spreading nothing more than his/her opinion couching it as fact. The ratio of disinformation on this forum has increased exponentially making it less valuable as a timely resource for BlackBerry device users.
    06-25-11 05:00 PM
    Rebooted my PB and the Bridge is working fine. My bad..
    06-30-11 08:59 AM

They're coming for you.
    06-30-11 01:38 PM
    Rebooted my PB and the Bridge is working fine. My bad..
    duh... did you really think that because you're experiencing an issue its at all common? lol
    06-30-11 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD