I am talking about the red notification in the top left corner we get when we receive an email. NOT the red blinking light on the centre of bezel.

I have my PB connected constantly to my BB 9300 over bridge. Whenever I receive an new email the top left corner starts flashing red (naturally). I tap the bridged email icon I read the email but the light is still on but not flashing. I have to mark the email read-unread a couple of times before the red notification goes away. Noticeably, when the email is read (but the red notification on the PB is still on), the phone also shows that the email is read (i.e. there is not email icon on my phone). I have no email set up in my PB through the built in email app, nor facebook, twitter, e.t.c.

I was wondering if this is only happening to my device or, if not, if it is a bug.
    09-20-12 05:34 AM
    It is part of the system. I had a worry when I got my PB first of all (should read the manual first though!).

If you go into system settings>notifications you will see that you have the option to have LED, Glow (the red corner), or LED and Glow. IF you want shot of the red corner (like I did) just select LED only & it will vanish.

Hope this helps
    09-20-12 06:39 AM
    I very doubt that this is "part of the system". If it happens to other users then this sounds more like bug of the system. In any case, it's not something that makes the PB less usable, it's just annoying.

Thanks for your reply.
    09-20-12 08:05 AM
    It's a bug, I get it with BBM sometimes. Just tap the gear for the settings and it will go away.
    bozvandam likes this.
    09-20-12 08:11 AM
    Did you look under notifications on the PB????
    09-20-12 08:12 AM
    Did you look under notifications on the PB????
    Thank you for your reply. It's not a matter of getting rid of the red glow altogether. It appears that it's a bug. Disabling the red glow it's not really a solution.
    09-20-12 08:53 AM
    It's a bug, I get it with BBM sometimes. Just tap the gear for the settings and it will go away.

Yep. Its a long time bug.
    This issue has been with the PB almost since day one.

I just turn it off.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    bozvandam likes this.
    09-20-12 09:08 AM
    What OS are you using Dave? I don't recall it happening lately for me. I'm using 668.
    09-20-12 09:14 AM
    Happened on my old 16 GB model - personally, I thought it was cool. Doen't happen on my current model.
    09-20-12 09:18 AM
    What OS are you using Dave? I don't recall it happening lately for me. I'm using 668.
    I'm using .668. I can't recall if this was happening to .3xx version.
    09-20-12 09:22 AM
    Yep. Its a long time bug.
    This issue has been with the PB almost since day one.

I just turn it off.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    That's a bit unfortunate then. Maybe I'm a bit pedantic.
    09-20-12 09:23 AM
    Maybe it stopped when I switched from a 9800 to a 9900 with the 7.1 bridge app. I may have just gotten used to it. I just don't recall it happening lately.
    09-20-12 09:33 AM
    The red glow does go away by itself after a few minutes once the message is read and/or deleted. Just be patient.
    09-20-12 06:29 PM
    The solution is, from the home screen swipe down, from the center, until You see the settings menu then up, and notification red glowing gone!!!! It was driving me crazy too!!
    Scotter75 likes this.
    11-14-12 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD