So is the Notification LED for future apps or something?

When I have the bridge going, new emails don't make the LED blink. There is that red corner indicator on the screen, but not LED.

Also, when the PB is charging, I thought the LED would be red and turn green when done. But no LED for charging either.

So I assume it's for certain apps maybe and probably for the future built in email client?

Anyone know?
    04-19-11 08:54 PM
    I could only speculate and hope, but we'll see I guess. BellShare better get on a PB compatible version of BerryBuzz! I'd not know what to do if all notifications came in in red again.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-19-11 09:11 PM
    Ok..so just confirming that there is no use for the notification LED as of now, correct?

Very strange that it's not even used for charging. BB phones are so heavily dependent on the blinking red light that the PB almost feels naked with nothing blinking! haha
    04-19-11 09:24 PM
    Mine hasn't done anything as yet. Doesn't seem like it.

cooliosam likes this.
    04-19-11 09:26 PM
    The right, top corner has a red indicator when you get a new message. the LED indicator turns on when you turn on the playbook
    04-19-11 09:45 PM
    The right, top corner has a red indicator when you get a new message. the LED indicator turns on when you turn on the playbook
    I've noticed both of those of course. Surely the LED isn't simply for displaying red for 3-5sec while the device readies the BLACKBERRY startscreen... Why not have at least the option on LED notification through bridge in addition to the weird corner thing or instead of it?

04-19-11 09:51 PM
    I was thinking maybe it turns on when you video chat with the front facing camera?

As a side note I kind of like the blinking red corner animation rather than having the led blinking at me. At least on the playbook.
    04-19-11 10:08 PM
    I've noticed both of those of course. Surely the LED isn't simply for displaying red for 3-5sec while the device readies the BLACKBERRY startscreen... Why not have at least the option on LED notification through bridge in addition to the weird corner thing or instead of it?

The LED surely is for that right now. As i am sure you know, we don't have bbm or complete access to the blackberry files yet. This would suggest that updates are coming, along with what could be an increase in LED functionality.
    04-19-11 10:25 PM
    Anyone know why the notifications when an email comes in does not go away after you read the email and deleted it?
    04-22-11 09:11 AM
    Wouldn't it be great if the LED notification works just like BlackBerry. I for one will buy BeBuzz for my PB. It's pretty.
    04-22-11 09:14 AM
    Mine faintly glows white when it's sleeping
    04-22-11 09:16 AM
    c'mon people, isn't it obvious that the Notification LED is going to be for native email, calendar, etc.
    04-22-11 09:51 AM
    I was thinking maybe it turns on when you video chat with the front facing camera?

As a side note I kind of like the blinking red corner animation rather than having the led blinking at me. At least on the playbook.
    But if you're screen is off (standby mode), you won't know you have a new message if your phone isn't close by.

A few things I'm shocked about so far after buying the Playbook:

No Twitter app
    Facebook 2.0 doesn't work
    LED doesn't blink like a traditional RIM device (new messages, anyone???)

Playbook OS2.0 better fix these issues!!! C'mon RIM!!!
    11-23-11 11:40 AM
    But if you're screen is off (standby mode), you won't know you have a new message if your phone isn't close by.

No Twitter app

There is a twitter app. FB does work. just not properly on the BETA OS. (its beta for a reason.)

LED never blinked since april.
    11-23-11 11:52 AM

No Twitter app

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mar...pps/183661.htm

I wouldnt be so quick to blame RIM for Facebook errors. Although maybe they made the WP App too...
    11-23-11 11:58 AM

No Twitter app

yesterdays os2 beta update added an option in notification section to notify by:
    LED
    Glow
    glow and led

they are not currently implemented (prob. on purpose until OS2 drops)
    Last edited by Thebigo3d; 11-23-11 at 12:07 PM.
    11-23-11 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD