there will be /is a notification LED on the playbook, right? Didn't catch it in the vids..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 01:35 PM
    if there isn't, it's not "really" a BB device.
    11-17-10 03:43 PM
    lol didnt think of that. funny.
    11-17-10 11:00 PM
    If you look at the videos there's two subtle "dots" above the screen. I assume one is the camera and the other is a notification LED. I'm not sure what else it could be, you don't exactly need a proximity sensor on the PlayBook. Even if it could be a phone it'd be with a bluetooth headset, talk about ridiculous holding a tablet up to your head.
    11-18-10 03:29 AM
    If you look at the videos there's two subtle "dots" above the screen. I assume one is the camera and the other is a notification LED. I'm not sure what else it could be, you don't exactly need a proximity sensor on the PlayBook. Even if it could be a phone it'd be with a bluetooth headset, talk about ridiculous holding a tablet up to your head.
    21st Century boombox?
    11-18-10 08:31 AM
    agreed on the part about holding a large device to ones head. Having said that, I find it ultra-nerdy and a bit tacky to wear a BT headset when one is dining out. I've asked servers about that and they all agree. (BTW, I never use BT headsets. speakerphone mode works great for me. )
    11-18-10 10:03 AM
    agreed on the part about holding a large device to ones head. Having said that, I find it ultra-nerdy and a bit tacky to wear a BT headset when one is dining out. I've asked servers about that and they all agree. (BTW, I never use BT headsets. speakerphone mode works great for me. )
    Which is even more tacky and annoying when dining out. My girl waits tables and hates when people use cell phones at all when eating out, regardless of handset/headset/speaker. But speakers are worse because then everyone has to listen to both sides of the conversation.

There are times to turn the phone off and let it go to voicemail.
    11-18-10 10:10 AM
    Which is even more tacky and annoying when dining out. My girl waits tables and hates when people use cell phones at all when eating out, regardless of handset/headset/speaker. But speakers are worse because then everyone has to listen to both sides of the conversation.

There are times to turn the phone off and let it go to voicemail.
    hold on, cowboy. I don't use speakerphone mode where it's going to bother ANYONE. OK?? sheesh! I use it when it is APPROPRIATE. Ever heard of not answering a phone when you SHOULDN'T??
    11-18-10 10:14 AM
    hold on, cowboy. I don't use speakerphone mode where it's going to bother ANYONE. OK?? sheesh! I use it when it is APPROPRIATE. Ever heard of not answering a phone when you SHOULDN'T??
    LOL, wasn't sayin' YOU, Cowgirl. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 11-18-10 at 10:26 AM.
    11-18-10 10:20 AM
    LOL, wasn't sayin' YOU, Cowgirl. Just sayin'
    ah, I too, get disgusted with loud cell phone convos in public places, be it a restaurant, mall, or elsewhere. It's not even a matter of speakerphone vs earpiece. Why do people have to shout so much when they talk on a cell? Some of them could be heard across town WITHOUT a phone. I live in a court where one of my next-door neighbors used (she's moved--lost her house to repo) to talk so loudly on her BT (conducting business) that the rest of us could hear her throughout much of the day. She'd wander outside, making matters worse, but she was so loud, that we'd hear her when she was in her home office.
    Last edited by dave1812; 11-18-10 at 10:27 AM.
    11-18-10 10:25 AM
    ah, I too, get disgusted with loud cell phone convos in public places, be it a restaurant, mall, or elsewhere. It's not even a matter of speakerphone vs earpiece. Why do people have to shout so much when they talk on a cell? Some of them could be heard across town WITHOUT a phone.
    Well, hate to admit, but that'd be me. A bit hard of hearing and too vain to admit I need hearing aids. So I guess I talk louder so I can hear myself talk, LOL.

I try to not, but often forget.....
    11-18-10 10:29 AM
    Well, hate to admit, but that'd be me. A bit hard of hearing and too vain to admit I need hearing aids. So I guess I talk louder so I can hear myself talk, LOL.

I try to not, but often forget.....
    texting works for SOME communications. I have a hard time hearing in noisy areas because I'm deaf on one side. having two functioning ears sure helps with picking out a convo, amidst a background of cacophony. I lost my hearing due to an operation on an acoustic neuroma. so much for listening to stereophonic music (I was an unabashed audiophile)!
    11-18-10 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD