Im on the current OS .1088 and I am unable to get rid of a yellow colored envelope icon in the top left corner.

When I click the icon, the message I get is "You have no notifications..."

I already check the Downloads app via Ghost Commander and also via Quick App Manager per suggestion from other threads. There is nothing in either.

Anyway that mail envelope icon appears to be native and not Android related.

All my Alerts are turned off in the Messages Settings under Display and Actions.

Any suggestions?
    12-12-12 12:44 PM
    Is it a yellow envelope with a phone, or just a yellow envelope? If its with a phone, then its a bridged message from your phone. Check your phone to see if you have any unread messages. If not, then delete the bridge connection and re-establish it to see if that gets rid of it.
    12-12-12 12:55 PM
    It is just a yellow envelope, no phone.

My PB is not bridged nor tethered to any phone. Wifi-only straight up.
    12-12-12 01:01 PM
    To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    David in Durham likes this.
    12-12-12 03:12 PM
    Ok, I tried F2's suggestion and initially no icon. But now it is back. Same message.
    12-12-12 03:57 PM
    Ok, I tried F2's suggestion and initially no icon. But now it is back. Same message.
    can you post a screenshot?
    12-12-12 04:04 PM
    Scroll through your mail and make sure that they all have been read. Any Calendar items?
    12-12-12 05:03 PM
    I have several emails setup through the PB email client which either serve my work, personal, family, or junkmail purposes.

With that many there are quite a few unread email which has in some cases I only cc'd on thus not read.

Is that the reason?
    Attached Thumbnails Notification Icon in Top Left Corner (not Android)-img_00000083.jpg  
    12-12-12 05:37 PM
    I have several emails setup through the PB email client which either serve my work, personal, family, or junkmail purposes.

With that many there are quite a few unread email which has in some cases I only cc'd on thus not read.

Is that the reason?
    Likely. I always have the envelope up there, because I always have unread mail, and get the red star for new mail. I do have an "unread" number next to the envelope though. Don't know if that's a setting though.
    12-12-12 07:24 PM
    I have a feeling that the "notification" yellow envelope which is NOT A NOTIFICATION in the normal sense does indicate you have UNread mail. But that there's NO NOTIFICATION of any change in status on mail or Calendared items, or app updates and so when you tap on the Yellow Envelope Icon it says just that - no notices!

I have no looked at the manual in ages so don't know if it has more info on this type of stuff.
    12-12-12 07:52 PM
    Try disabling and then re-enabling the notifications themselves. Start Messages. Swipe down to open options. Press settings. You should see them listed, and at the bottom the category Alerts. Slide the heading up so you see the settings for Display message count and Display new message indicator. Turn them off, restart, turn back on and see if that helps.

BTW, not in the help...
    12-12-12 09:20 PM
    Try disabling and then re-enabling the notifications themselves. Start Messages. Swipe down to open options. Press settings. You should see them listed, and at the bottom the category Alerts. Slide the heading up so you see the settings for Display message count and Display new message indicator. Turn them off, restart, turn back on and see if that helps.

BTW, not in the help...
    Tried that stevedee. Disappeared after reboot but popped up after opening Messages and stays there.
    12-12-12 11:12 PM
    Likely. I always have the envelope up there, because I always have unread mail, and get the red star for new mail. I do have an "unread" number next to the envelope though. Don't know if that's a setting though.
    _____

Same here. It's just a reminder that there is mail.
    12-12-12 11:20 PM