Anybody that uses shoutcast.com notice a strange situation where more and more streams not working on the playbook? Now most of mine fail... When i click on a stream to listen, instead of a shoutcast player popping up and playing, it goes to a download screen where it asks for authorization to download file xxxxx.pls, and if you do accept its a meaningless file the playbook cant open if u go to your downloads folder and try to use it.

I am still choosing the .mp3 streams.
    08-19-12 08:14 AM
    Anybody that uses shoutcast.com notice a strange situation where more and more streams not working on the playbook? Now most of mine fail... When i click on a stream to listen, instead of a shoutcast player popping up and playing, it goes to a download screen where it asks for authorization to download file xxxxx.pls, and if you do accept its a meaningless file the playbook cant open if u go to your downloads folder and try to use it.

I am still choosing the .mp3 streams.
    Yep.
    10char

OK I'll say this.. I've moved on to StreamRipper - Rips radio streams from Shoutcast stations down to individual MP3 tracks for every song. I then put them on my iPod Classic 160GB. PB is being used less and less these days, unfortunately
    08-19-12 02:19 PM
    Well i have been using nobex as it does carry some of the streams i like but all the countless streams shoutcast has that I have been loving are becoming inaccessible. Its a shame because that was one of my bragging points regarding using the playbook instead of a blackberry phone for webstream listening.
    08-19-12 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD