So I literally just bought a playbook last week and I'm hearing that an upgraded version is coming out in april, so I have a few questions, 1.) Is the upgraded memory and ram only for thebLTE and 3g models? 2.) what to you think the price of it will be? 3.) is there going to be an upgraded wifi only model? 4.) do you think it would be worth it to go find my receipt and return it before it too late because my heart would break if I found out a new upgraded model came out for the same price just a few days after I can't return it anymore
    03-09-12 08:11 PM
    It will be LTE and maybe a faster processor?
    03-09-12 08:18 PM
    Except for the fact that the rumored PB 3G is not expected to have any memory/RAM upgrades, nobody can give you a definotive amswer to your qs.
    03-09-12 08:20 PM
    Thanks everyone.
    03-10-12 08:20 AM
    A new PlayBook with upped spec's won't be released next month.
    Probably just a 3G/4G PlayBook and unless you really want that capability, your fine!
    03-10-12 08:22 AM
    03-10-12 10:14 AM
    A new PlayBook with upped spec's won't be released next month.
    Probably just a 3G/4G PlayBook and unless you really want that capability, your fine!
    Look again. RIM IS shooting for April and it is the new CPU..

�1.5GHz dual-core processor
    �43Mbps HSPA+ Connectivity
    �NFC ready
    �1GB RAM
    �32GB Flash Memory

Tim
    03-10-12 10:16 AM
    Except for the fact that the rumored PB 3G is not expected to have any memory/RAM upgrades, nobody can give you a definotive amswer to your qs.
    RIM can..

Tim
    03-10-12 10:17 AM
    Not direct from RIM, is it?
    03-10-12 10:35 AM
    Although that is a good offering assuming the price is right for new adopters, it would in no way sway me from grabbing the current version for the price cuts we are seeing now on the existing PlayBook. I'm sure whenever it hits the shelves, we won't be seeing this one for a starting price of $199.

That said, if you are not a BlackBerry phone user but still want a PlayBook, then the newer model may be more for you.
    03-10-12 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD