Not sure why. I have 3 email sources going to my playbook. 1. Providers email, 2. a gmail account, 3 company email.
    I have been getting them as of this afternoon however I have had some annoying message on the top of my playbook message folder stating something like "{providers] email unable to authenticate" or something like that but its been on there for so long while emails had been getting through so I thought was just another glitch. Ive rebooted both hard and soft etc still there/no emails.
    Not sure if this is a common thing or?
    I can confirm that the emails have come through on my desktop. I just tried clearing the cache on PB - not sure if this is of any use - and do another re boot.
    I have been thinking of some time doing a complete wipe since way back when my calendar stopped working properly (dates/appts i put in will show up as alarms yet you cant see anything actually in the calendar - you can just add events, and they will come out at the reminder time just there is no visual trace of anything in the calendar.

Anywyay I got of tangent there - if any one has any helpful info?
    09-10-13 11:05 PM
    Well, it sounds as if you have tried the restart methods. And it is an Email notification and not some other notice like a download? Hmm - could that email provider message be related to your missing or bollixed up Calendar?

I guess other than the tedious and time-consuming nature of a a backup and restore involved in a wipe, it might not hurt.
    09-11-13 12:45 AM
    No, I am pretty sure the email and calendar issue probably not related as the calendar issue has been there since almost day one and I haven't noticed email problems since now. Though after this latest OS update I notice some emails but I also know there are some which haven't come through yet. I may just have to try re load full OS. I am just trying to figure out what I will lose in the process.....
    09-11-13 12:55 AM
    I have problems with email once in a while, mainly yahoo and aol accounts. I get a "problem occurred" error message usually when I am deleting them. Then they won't load and it freezes and I have to reboot. You might try deleting the accounts and remaking them. Might really be an authentication problem.
    09-11-13 07:55 AM
    Well I was getting "some" emails though I wasn't getting the LED notification in addition to definitely missing some emails so I decided to delete the particular email account as suggested above then re adding. Not sure if this was the trick but i am getting notifications and, from what I can tell,most emails though the emails I was originally missing are still missing.
    The other PITA when I added back the email account I deleted was that I got 235 email notifications. Woukd be nice if the playbook had features where we could click one by one and then "mark as read "
    Thanks all for the help.
    09-11-13 08:50 PM
    Well I was getting "some" emails though I wasn't getting the LED notification in addition to definitely missing some emails so I decided to delete the particular email account as suggested above then re adding. Not sure if this was the trick but i am getting notifications and, from what I can tell,most emails though the emails I was originally missing are still missing.
    The other PITA when I added back the email account I deleted was that I got 235 email notifications. Woukd be nice if the playbook had features where we could click one by one and then "mark as read "
    Thanks all for the help.
    usually if i'm having this issue, deleting & re-adding like you did, does the trick,,, same if your having wifi router issues, (tho this is rare, i think only happened once to me)...
    09-12-13 08:15 AM