So I decided to grab myself a PlayBook now that they're 169 here in the UK but I'm having major problems.

First 2 had to go back because the screens were full of dead pixels, now I'm on my third and not sure if I have problems again.

In the centre of the screen you can see (when on full brightness, black background and when you're about 2 inches from the screen) rows of dark blue broken lines.

I couldn't photo it so I have mocked up an image...

http://www.terryh.co.uk/pb.jpg

This is much bigger than the real thing, but it's just to show the issue.

Is this normal or do I have to return this one as well? Getting sick of returning the PlayBooks now!
    01-28-12 11:03 AM
    I just tried this on mine and I can say 100% that mine doesn't do this. All I get is a smooth black image

I would go back and get a manager to ensure your not being given one that was already returned. Sounds like they have a recycling program on the go. Keep handing out the bad ones till someone doesn't complain.

Good luck and don't despair. Mine was great on day one, then it went to RIM for service, bulging back cover, now its perfect.

Remember the sony built laptop batteries expanding and exploding? IPhone 4 and its antenna issues? Xobx 360 and the red ring of death? It happens but the playbook rocks.

Don't give up. You'll get a good one and love it forever.

BB 9810 Tapatalk
    01-28-12 11:11 AM
    I love the playbook already, but I'm getting really frustrated now.

Hopefully the next one will be OK, but I won't get my hopes up.

Wish I could try it in the store but all I can check is the start up screen, and that doesn't always show the issue especially under their lighting.
    01-28-12 11:26 AM
    I just tried that using the free app Display Test. I went into a pitch black closet. I had no such problems.
    01-28-12 11:40 AM
    If I returned my playbook to blackberry for a repair under warranty, how long would it take?

Has anyone in the UK here returned theirs?
    01-28-12 12:56 PM
    Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805
    01-28-12 01:45 PM
    Any idea how long it would take to get a repair by rim?
    01-28-12 02:05 PM
    That I don't know. Maybe one of your UK users will have an answer.
    01-28-12 02:47 PM
    Any idea how long it would take to get a repair by rim?
    Call BlackBerry PlayBook Technical Support. Sometimes they will send a new tablet via FedEx and you return the defective unit in a pre-paid FedEx box. Other times they will make you wait a few weeks while they attempt to repair your defective tablet. The best advise is to call them.
    01-28-12 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD