My playbook died? I left it on the micro usb charger with battery guru overnight and in stand by. This morning I gesture and the screen doesn't turn on. I hit the power button, and nothing happens. Getting home from work now, I just plugged it into the charger and still nothing. Hit power button and no go. Held down power button- no go. Plugged USB into computer and no go. I never modified the playbook at all and was running OS2.0. What can I do? I'm so scared that my dear playbook is dead!!!
    02-28-12 08:07 PM
    My playbook died? I left it on the micro usb charger with battery guru overnight and in stand by. This morning I gesture and the screen doesn't turn on. I hit the power button, and nothing happens. Getting home from work now, I just plugged it into the charger and still nothing. Hit power button and no go. Held down power button- no go. Plugged USB into computer and no go. I never modified the playbook at all and was running OS2.0. What can I do? I'm so scared that my dear playbook is dead!!!
    Plug it to the wall outlet and let it charge for two hours.
    02-28-12 08:12 PM
    Yeah it might be the battery that's dead. Leave it plugged in for a bit then try a reset..
    02-28-12 08:18 PM
    Mine did a similar crash (dead, but with flashing red light - boot loader issue) 2 weeks ago while I was on a trip (no PC available). I called RIM support, talked with rep who had me try several things (press power button, power + Volume up, etc). When this didn't work the next step (from RIM) is:

Ensure the computer has an internet connection.
    Launch the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
    Turn off the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    Connect the BlackBerry PlayBook to the computer.
    When prompted with BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device, click Update and allow the update to be downloaded and installed on the BlackBerry PlayBook.

This didn't work for me and after talking to 2 other reps (different days), I asked to talk to a manager, got him on the phone, reviewed situation and the email documentation I had sent and promptly gave me to a RMA rep. Got the RMA shipping box from RIM next day (FEDEX overnight from Tenn to GA). Packed and shipped next day. RIM's facility received on 2/24-pm. Just checked status and was shipped back to me today (2/28). Will be waiting for FEDEX at my front door tomorrow. All the RIM reps were very professional, courteous and I am (will be, I hope) very impressed by the way this has been handled.
    Zirak likes this.
    02-28-12 08:51 PM
    Wow guess I won't be getting the battery guru app after all! That's just down right scary!
    02-28-12 09:05 PM
    Wow guess I won't be getting the battery guru app after all! That's just down right scary!
    Are you insinuating that Battery Guru is somehow responsible for the other person's dead BlackBerry PlayBook battery? I certainly hope I misinterpreted your statement.
    02-28-12 09:16 PM
    After leaving it plugged in for an hour, the green waving light (means it's charging) finally turned on. I then hit the power button, and it fired right up. It had 47% battery. Weird.

Yes it was scary, but now I'm glad it randomly started working again! And no, the problem definitely doesn't have to do with battery guru, I just mentioned that that was the only thing that happened to be running. I highly recommend the app, it's a nice tool.
    peter9477, kbz1960 and BB_Bmore like this.
    02-28-12 09:22 PM
    This is the whole reason I do NOT us the USB cable to charge the battery...

1. That dang thing is way too tiny and it's very hard to make sure it is seated properly to get a good juice flow, and could end up messing up the port for future backups.

2. Having these scissors superglued to my hands makes it twice as hard... (grin) j/k

3. I Always use the magnetic Rapid charger (wall), as it seats much easier. And even with this one, I manage to not seat it right and end up with a dead or very low battery in the morning.

Hope this is the problem with the OP and he can get it up and running soon!

Edit: Yay Dave!! Glad you got it going!
    Last edited by jafobabe; 02-28-12 at 10:03 PM.
    02-28-12 09:27 PM
    I use the rapid charger also. I always check that the icon for battery shows that it's charging before leaving it. It's easy to make mistakes in latching it.
    Last edited by auditman; 02-28-12 at 09:36 PM.
    02-28-12 09:33 PM
    Charging dock is definitely the way to go
    02-28-12 09:53 PM
    Charging dock is definitely the way to go
    Peter has found that there are know issues with the pod/dock.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...arging-704772/
    02-28-12 10:04 PM
    While I use and like/appreciate the Battery Guru app, it did not have anything to do with my problem. It was not running when my problem occurred.
    02-28-12 10:17 PM
    I hear ya! Did it 2 nights ago. Woke up, uncharged.
    02-28-12 10:20 PM
    How long does it take to fully charge with the rapid charger?
    02-28-12 10:46 PM
    How long does it take to fully charge with the rapid charger?

I think last time when I was at 20% it took about 2 hrs or a little less to charge on the rapid charger.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    iP4ever likes this.
    02-28-12 11:10 PM
    Charge using the wall adapter and as suggested leave it a couple of hours at least. Overnight if you have the patience. Oh, take it into a dark room/closet and make sure it is OFF (not dark gray with backlight). After charging, then try the power button. Let us know. And good luck
    02-28-12 11:12 PM
    I think last time when I was at 20% it took about 2 hrs or a little less to charge on the rapid charger.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    Same for me. At about 15% I've timed mine several times to fully charged in a few minutes over 2 hrs.
    02-28-12 11:24 PM
    Does rapid charging affect battery health in the long run?
    02-29-12 11:28 AM
    Yeah....do not try and charge it from a computer, because it actually doesn't charge the playbook......always use a wall or extended power source
    02-29-12 11:36 AM
    Does rapid charging affect battery health in the long run?
    its an official rim product so i dont think they would produce anything that would hurt the battery.

i have noticed the rapid charger will charge it fully but some charges discharge faster than normal but with the ability to charge that fast its not a big deal to me.
    02-29-12 05:03 PM
    I'm dealing with the reps now over a similar issue. Playbook worked good up til my 2.0 upgrade and a security wipe. The battery quit charging even with the battery icon indicating a charge. When it got to 0% she had me do a "boost" which amounts to plugging in for 2 minutes then unplugging for 30 seconds, repeating this for 10 cycles. It does wake it up, but so far I haven't got it charging yet. Jury still out with me!
    02-29-12 05:49 PM
    After leaving it plugged in for an hour, the green waving light (means it's charging) finally turned on. I then hit the power button, and it fired right up. It had 47% battery. Weird.

Yes it was scary, but now I'm glad it randomly started working again! And no, the problem definitely doesn't have to do with battery guru, I just mentioned that that was the only thing that happened to be running. I highly recommend the app, it's a nice tool.
    It was probably badly drained...
    02-29-12 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD