Hi,
    This is a definite noobish question regarding updating my PlayBook. I've been ignoring the update for quite some time now from v1314 to v1526... My doubt is, when I finally go about updating it, will all the data be lost on the tab??
    Thanks
    04-14-13 10:10 PM
    Hi,
    This is a definite noobish question regarding updating my PlayBook. I've been ignoring the update for quite some time now from v1314 to v1526... My doubt is, when I finally go about updating it, will all the data be lost on the tab??
    Thanks
    No but it's just plain common sense to backup before any updates.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-14-13 10:30 PM
    I'm more worried about the apps...
    04-14-13 10:44 PM
    You should not lose those either but backup settings if you play games and scores are important - again, just as a precaution.

In addition, as long as you keep the same bbid, you can always download the apps again (with the exception, maybe, if an app has changed price)
    04-14-13 10:56 PM
    As the previous poster mentioned, do a backup and then update. I've never had an issue with apps or data when doing updates. Should you have a problem, there are plenty here that can assist you. Updates are a good thing in my opinion.
    04-14-13 10:58 PM
    You should not lose those either but backup settings if you play games and scores are important - again, just as a precaution.

In addition, as long as you keep the same bbid, you can always download the apps again (with the exception, maybe, if an app has changed price)
    As the previous poster mentioned, do a backup and then update. I've never had an issue with apps or data when doing updates. Should you have a problem, there are plenty here that can assist you. Updates are a good thing in my opinion.
    Cool.. The only things i'm worried are a few PDFs i got and the sideloaded apps!
    I hope i don't lose them...

Will backup and then update tonight and let you guys know if i have any issues!
    Thanks
    04-15-13 12:14 AM
    Cool.. The only things i'm worried are a few PDFs i got and the sideloaded apps!
    I hope i don't lose them...

Will backup and then update tonight and let you guys know if i have any issues!
    Thanks
    Odds are, you'll lose a lot of your side loaded app data. Depends which ones I guess. A lot of my side loaded games didn't back up my progress unfortunately. BlackBerry games did though
    04-15-13 12:35 AM
    Hahaha... Well, it will be a pain to download every app once more and sideload it and reconfigure it to my liking... The most I will miss is AndroIRC and a couple others...

Well... Fingers crossed, hoping i don't lose them and their profiles...
    04-15-13 01:41 AM
    Any update is appreciated on my PlayBook

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    04-15-13 03:55 AM