I received my new PB yesterday and I'm pretty happy about it.

Colors on screen are so vivid with no protector film installed on it yet. I left the factory film on as it's going to take 10 days for my local Source store to get my Zagg screen protector (I would go for none else than Zagg).

Wifi is much better than my first PB. Side by side I can compare, the old PB has a problem with signal strength.

Wondering why battery on the new one was almost dead this morning when I woke up and gee I thought I had it all charged when I went to bed. Oh well, maybe it's going to take a couple of charge cycles before battery performance is at its best...

Just wondering why this new PB has the NOM NYCE label in the back. Not much info about that in the forums here except that some people associate it to Mexico. I ordered my PB from tigerdirect.ca a couple of weeks ago and it travelled from the US (UPS tracking confirmed that) to get to me here in Canada.

Anybody knows what this sticker is all about?
    Last edited by purple_bb; 04-08-13 at 08:50 AM.
    04-06-13 05:54 PM
    NOM NYCE safety approval in Mexico

NOM safety approval in Mexico requires in-country testing in order to create an appropriate safety report accepted by the Mexican safety agency NYCE.

A legitimate Mexican company is required to act as Certificate Holder in order to obtain NOM safety approval in Mexico, and this Certificate Holder is required to be the importer of the equipment to be commercialized in Mexico.

If the power supply for your ITE equipment is internal, then the entire equipment must receive NOM-019 safety approval in Mexico.

If the power supply is external to the equipment, then multiple equipments from a single manufacturer that utilize that power supply can be included on a single NOM-019 safety approval certificate issued by the safety agency NYCE in the name of a single Mexican Importer/Distributor.

Unlike S-Mark safety approval in Argentina, the NOM safety approval certificate is valid for only one year, and must be renewed.
    04-06-13 08:11 PM
    Mexico doesn't seem to be involved in my purchase. Bought from canadian company, shipped from US. The only thing I can see is that tiger direct bought the unit from Mexico because they ran out of stock. I never saw that label on any other product I bought.

Maybe that explains the 2-pin plug adaptor. Never seen that kind of plug before either! Anybody knows how the Mexican power plugs are? Two slender cylindrical pins?
    04-06-13 08:48 PM
    Most Playbooks were manufactured in Mexico. Also they use the same 2 pin plug as the US. Just because your unit was shipped from US does not mean it's made in USA. TigerDirect Canada could have just get their stock from TigerDirect USA or secondary wholesalers. Besides I doubt any retailers can get anymore wifi Playbook from BlackBerry.
    04-06-13 08:59 PM