Also, ensure that you check the "logon with different credentials" if you have password protected file sharing
    07-21-11 09:13 AM
    Nope not working here either. I've had static addressing since day one. The PB shows up on the router but any attempt to connect craps out. I'm starting to figure out what the R in RIM really means.....
    07-21-11 09:46 AM
    I noticed something different when I used wifi-sharing with .2650, using 1.0.6 I was only getting around 200-300K of transfer speed, but with this build, file transfer speed was up to 2.5-3MB / sec as reported by my file explorer.. so, RIM broke the experience by not being able to address playbook with its network name but increased transfer speed significantly...
    07-21-11 10:24 AM
    hi i did just this and it says the network path could not be found?
    i put my pb ip addrese in the folder section but what do i put in the drive section?
    thanks
    hi when i go to about then network it gives me two ip ipv6 and ipv4 what one do i enter in the folder? thanks again
    07-21-11 10:40 AM
    hi when i go to about then network it gives me two ip ipv6 and ipv4 what one do i enter in the folder? thanks again
    the IP address, which is ipv4
    07-21-11 11:10 AM
    I noticed something different when I used wifi-sharing with .2650, using 1.0.6 I was only getting around 200-300K of transfer speed, but with this build, file transfer speed was up to 2.5-3MB / sec as reported by my file explorer.. so, RIM broke the experience by not being able to address playbook with its network name but increased transfer speed significantly...
    If you're using the ip address workaround that is probably why, as it doesn't have to resolve any network name. I've noticed everything works faster too!
    07-21-11 11:13 AM
    Finally got it going I dident write media after my IP addrese lol
    Now when I drop a pic to my playbook file it says I don't have permission do it or something like that!!
    What up with that! I'm useing a vista. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-11 04:48 PM
    i am having a problem using mac and file sharing. i will try the work around but it is frustrating when a simple stuff like this gets broken after an update...
    07-21-11 11:25 PM
    I can get my windows PC to see the playbook with the "work a round" but I can't figure out how to get my Mac to see it at all.
    07-22-11 06:09 AM
    WTF, I was all set with 1.07.2650 and everything including the browser was running silky smooth. This update puts me back in the days of hanging pages with the OS 1.06.xxxx. I am almost mad at myself for updating.

I love the new pinch to zoom feature in the movie player. It lets me zoom to fit the movie to the screen, instead of having to reformat the 720p movies I have loaded. I think that was great, but this one step forward two steps back approach is giving me a headache. Like I say, I am mad at myself for updating. Come on RIM. We are doing out part here being patient, but this is turning into a joke. We never signed on for beta testing and already many of us have spent a lot of our own time doing clean installs to fix your bugs and have had to do work around after work around. Our only fault was buying your product. I still love my playbook, but would love it more with killer software that works perfectly with the hardware.

I am not saying this is a deal breaker for me. The only alternative to a perfectly smooth running playbook is the playbook running running subpar. It is still the best tablet on the market, even running as is, but we all want it dialed in. It has come a long way since launch and I know that you have been working to get it right. Work harder, what ever it takes to get things done!
    Same thing here. Browser hangs and is buggy as **** now, and no more wifi sharing, even after trying the work-arounds.
    07-22-11 02:33 PM
    Any resolution on this? Inquiring minds want to upgrade...
    07-22-11 02:58 PM
    Update: I re-booted my router and then my pc and now the workaround works. Must have been a router/windows problem.

The browser issue is still killin' me though.
    07-22-11 03:13 PM
    Update: I re-booted my router and then my pc and now the workaround works. Must have been a router/windows problem.

The browser issue is still killin' me though.
    Would it be fair to say you are unique with the browser issue? I'm ready to hit the upgrade button....
    07-22-11 03:51 PM
    So I tried it and had the same problem. Call PB tech support and the told me this is a know issue and should be corrected in the next update in a week or so.

In the meantime I was able to get it to work by ....

START -> RUN \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xx (enter the IP address that you find on your PB when you go to ABOUT -> NETWORK ->WiFi IPv4

First they had me just type the IP address and it didn't work but when I added the \\ it worked perfectly.
    07-22-11 04:00 PM
    Would it be fair to say you are unique with the browser issue? I'm ready to hit the upgrade button....
    Yes, I think so far the most part. Have seen at least one other similar complaint ...
    07-22-11 05:26 PM
    If you're using the ip address workaround that is probably why, as it doesn't have to resolve any network name. I've noticed everything works faster too!
    is it true?that the awful transfer speed was all because I addressed the playbook with its network name? can someone who still has 1.0.6 verify this?

I agree though, everything is MUCH faster, esp the flash and air apps.I was kinda disappointed with AIR apps seeing its rather sluggish performance, made me want to kick RIM in the *** for not publishing the NDK fast enough. Hopefully RIM would open access to more playbook functions with the current sdk so devs could make better, more powerful apps..
    07-23-11 10:48 AM
    You need to map a network drive to point to PB's media folder

Right click on My Computer and choose Map Network Folder....

in the folder field enter \\xx.xx.xx.xx\media
    where xx.xx.xx.xx is the ip address of your playbook on your LAN. You can find in in
    the dhcp table in your router.
    Thanks dude. worked for me.
    07-24-11 01:10 PM
    When i set this up it asks me to log in as a guest or registered user and it says my name and asks for a password i tried putting in the password for the pb but its not it.
    01-26-12 06:13 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD