Hi, great website
    I have bought a play book for my wife, its a good tablet but the connectivity just ruins it.
    No matter what I have tried I cannot transfer photos.
    I can back up on the blackberry desk top but the media is grayed.
    I can add a wi fi connection, apart from briefly that kept dropping out
    And bluetooth connects but no file transfer.
    I've tried everything believe, been at it a week now.

I need some help.
    11-22-13 02:19 PM
    If they don't get this problems addressed soon, how do they expect to sell this device.... oh wait!

Was this a new PlayBook, or used?

Try installing BlackBerry Link and see if that works via USB.

Yes Wi-Fi is iffy on the PlayBook. I've moved a couple of 400MB movies one day and the next it won't transfer a 150MB tv show without dropping out. But for pictures, you should be able to move a few at a time.

Bluetooth - don't think has file transfer capability, other than via Bridge to a BBOS device.
    chris whitehead likes this.
    11-22-13 02:30 PM
    thanks for the help, I need it. The playbook was brand new.
    11-22-13 02:48 PM
    Make sure you enable sharing on the pb.

No Wi-Fi, no Bluetooth no media transfer on USB.-img_00000011.png
    11-22-13 02:52 PM
    As under your previous thread, see HELP for Bluetooth profiles supported. Unfortunately BB never activated USB OTG on the playbook although that is supposedly the reason that the type AB port was used in the PB design.

It is possible to jam the charger plug into the USB port the wrong way thus damaging the port. Best to put a speck of paint or nail polish on the side of the plug that should be up as you look at the screen. Better yet get a Rapid Travel or Dock charger which is use the magnetic connection.
    11-22-13 03:04 PM
    Done all that! But thanks for the help. I've even got a rapid charger. I've tried everything. Such a shame that what is probably a superb device should be marred in this way.
    11-22-13 03:17 PM
    I also replied in the other thread. What type of router do you have? What protocol(s) does it use?

I've given my PB a static ip address making it easier to find between sessions.

I open an Explorer window with the following:

\\192.168.1.164\media

Where 164 is my PB
    11-22-13 08:01 PM
    Might also want to try Dukto (free open source) :
    - 1 portable (no install) app on your laptop / destop, here :
    http://www.msec.it/blog/?page_id=11 (many thanks!)
    - and 1 free app on your PlayBook (linked above, or search in BB Store)
    (by our own local star sasha, I think) (many thanks too for the PB port!)

Then :
    1. Simply start the apps on both devices, they should automatically "see" each other.
    2.a From PC to PB : On Windows, you can drag and drop files on the PlayBook icon inside Dukto, and find your file in Documents.
    2.b From PB to PC : On PlayBook, you navigate to your file from inside Dukto, then send to your PC, and you find your file on your Win desktop (can be changed).

Some infos :
    - I tested it last week with a 70 MB video, then with a 120 MB program, on a slow (b/g, no n) wifi at home and was impressed by speed.
    - Works very well between 2 laptops also (Win 8.1 and Win 7) (lifesaver for me since I've mainly gone the Win tablet route).
    - There is a Mac and an iOS version (untested by me, seems fine), and an Android one (untested by me, seems problematic).
    - Sometimes both "Duktos" don't see themselves automatically, simply restart one and all OK, AFAIK.

I find this jewel really liberating, efficient, simple, no install, no driver, no cable, etc. Simply 2 devices on the same Wifi and it works!

Hope it can help! ;-)
    11-22-13 11:00 PM
    If you don't mind your stuff in the cloud, another solution may be Box or Skydrive. There is a good app for Box and I think Files and Folders connects there also. Upload and download. The Wifi should work, too, though. I'd try to change your channel on the router to see if that gives you a more stable connection.
    11-23-13 05:02 PM
    Hi, great website
    I have bought a play book for my wife, its a good tablet but the connectivity just ruins it.
    No matter what I have tried I cannot transfer photos.
    I can back up on the blackberry desk top but the media is grayed.
    I can add a wi fi connection, apart from briefly that kept dropping out
    And bluetooth connects but no file transfer.
    I've tried everything believe, been at it a week now.

I need some help.
    The PB certainly lacks in a few areas and is two and one-half years old. Those of us who have grown to like the QNX OS have learned to be somewhat patient and use it for what it does well. We do grumble justifiability a bit about the BB management failures. Most of us have learned to operate it in ways that avoid the problems that seem to be besetting you. From the posts you are getting help from some of the experts.

Out of curiousity what other tablets have you had experience with and are currently using?
    11-23-13 05:48 PM
    Try this
    11-25-13 03:10 PM