Help I just noticed the video chat icon is gone on my Playbook. I have no idea where it is. I am running the most current version 2.0.1.358. Help what happened.
    06-18-12 08:36 PM
    Did you move it into a folder? Or onto a second Panel or Pane off to the left or right? You have scrolled completely UP and down all the rows of icons?

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    06-18-12 11:50 PM
    Please help me to download video chat on my playbook. I'm using current version 2.0.1.358.
    06-19-12 05:25 AM
    Yes I restarted and connected to the desktop still not finding it.
    06-19-12 08:35 AM
    You might try using the Software Update option under the Gear symbol and see if it fixes it.

After that, it might be time for a security wipe and/or reload the software. See if anyone else has suggestions. But as preparation, you might want to backup your various data files like music, pictures, etc.
    06-19-12 09:12 AM
    What country are you in and did you loose it after an update or did it just disappear?

Can you access video chat through contacts and selecting a contact with a Playbook video chat by it?

There were a few cases of Video chat going missing during the initial installs and I think it was related to a problem with the internet provider not showing the connections location/country properly. A couple of these users were in Quebec and on Videotron. When they tried another internet source such as at a MacDonalds, they were able to get the video chat during the install.

You cannot download video chat, it comes as part of the base install and is not included in the base OS in some countries. If you are in a country where you know it should be available, try using a different wifi source and go into options and check for software updates. If this doesn't work, you may need to do a security wipe and then debrick as F2 suggested. Do a backup first.
    06-19-12 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD