Fair enough. I'm just trying to prove a point, and that is that words have meanings. If he had edited his post or clarified, we wouldn't be posting.
    03-01-13 12:32 AM
    Os10 will be coming soon, when it is ready. I have personally spoken to upper level tech support in RIM HQ on numerous occasions and it is currently being worked on. Patience guys, good things come to those who wait!!!
    My 2 year old playbook is awesome and in my opinion still leaves other tablets for dead. My wife has a Samsung galaxy tablet and we also have ipads/ipad minis in our house so I can speak from experience that the playbook is by far my tablet of choice! More than happy to wait for the update, long live Blackberry!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't wait for the Z10 to be released in Oz though. May have to order one from O/seas as no one knows when we will get it in Australia.
    seamonky likes this.
    03-01-13 03:40 AM
    Good point
    03-01-13 04:22 AM
    As far as I know BlackBerry never set a date for BB10 coming to Playbook. They just said sometime in 2013. I'm in Canada so I got the Z10 on February 5th. It's a great phone! But, I still use my Playbook a lot. I've found that many of the same apps are available on both the Z10 and Playbook. From a businesses perspective, it's understandable that BlackBerry is putting most of their efforts into the BB10 phones. We had a small software update a couple weeks ago. I think that is proof that they are still interested in keeping us Playbook owners happy. We just need to wait a bit longer.
    03-01-13 05:15 AM
    Why doesn't RIM give an indication? Need new browser so badly, current one is so ******* slow.....

Also terrible at streaming content...
    03-01-13 06:22 AM
    You obviously cannot read. There's ample evidence and quotes from various inside and official sources that said BB10 is coming. Stop perpetuating this myth that they didn't commit to it already.
    Yeah yeah yada yada yada... Just as there are ample evidence and quotes from various inside and official sources that end of the world is on 12/12/12......

Oh wait, what date is it again today? Damn BB, I'm sure its their fault again if it didnt happen....
    03-01-13 06:52 AM
    Why doesn't RIM give an indication? Need new browser so badly, current one is so ******* slow.....

Also terrible at streaming content...
    Have to say I agree with you on that. Very poor (video) streaming support (in the browser) is my only real complaint about my PB as it is right now.
    Last edited by ChrisMay; 03-06-13 at 06:48 AM.
    03-01-13 06:58 AM
    Any news on when the Z10 will be able to connect to my playbook?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 07:03 AM
    You obviously cannot read. There's ample evidence and quotes from various inside and official sources that said BB10 is coming. Stop perpetuating this myth that they didn't commit to it already.
    Actually, it's you having reading issues... Paco said that BlackBerry promissed BB10 for the PB but NEVER told us WHEN. So the OP's ranty trollish post about the end of the month was moot.

But it's ok, we all make mistakes when we feel outraged.

[QUOTE=ChrisMay;8052469]

Also terrible at streaming content...[/QUOTE]

Have to say I agree with you on that. Very poor (video) streaming support (in the browser) is my only real complaint about my PB as it is right now.
    It's only bad on pirate sites. I have no issues whatsoever with Youtube, Vimeo, DailyMotion and all the other legal ones. Don't ask me why it is so, but it is so.
    pacoman03 likes this.
    03-01-13 07:08 AM
    Why do people think the PB is obsolete ?

Just because the PB is a few years old does not make it obsolete. If the tablet is still working and meets one's requirements then it's far from obsolete. Really, this obsession with labeling things that are a few years old as ancient or unusable is just pathetic. Is a two year old car obsolete as well ?

Some people need to get a grip and stop being slaves to the manufacturers.
    nappp and uncle_numpty like this.
    03-01-13 09:05 AM
    Why do people think the PB is obsolete ?

Just because the PB is a few years old does not make it obsolete. If the tablet is still working and meets one's requirements then it's far from obsolete. Really, this obsession with labeling things that are a few years old as ancient or unusable is just pathetic. Is a two year old car obsolete as well ?

Some people need to get a grip and stop being slaves to the manufacturers.
    I agree. my playbook works great!
    03-01-13 07:09 PM
    [QUOTE=ChrisMay;8052469]

Also terrible at streaming content...[/QUOTE]

I connect through wireless to a 15 mb/s broadband connection, and have no trouble streaming 720 line videos to my HDTV; I've watched hour-long documentaries, Maybe you have a problem with your network.
    03-01-13 07:37 PM
    I farted and it stunk
    Tim van der Wart likes this.
    03-01-13 08:09 PM
    [QUOTE=fastartcee;8056076]

I connect through wireless to a 15 mb/s broadband connection, and have no trouble streaming 720 line videos to my HDTV; I've watched hour-long documentaries, Maybe you have a problem with your network.
    I think the problem being experienced with streaming video is with the buffering when using slightly slower connections. I don't have any problems with high-speed internet connections, but when streaming with a slower connection, buffering is regular and if I pause for too long and the video player has already reached the maximum buffer point, the video will play to that point and then freeze. I then have to play around to get the video going again. Hopefully the upgrade to OS10 will solve that problem.
    03-01-13 08:14 PM
    Ok guys, let's be honest, deanbroad2002 has a point here. Foremost because he's just dissatisfied. And I can get that. But as I'm typing this lying in bed, a bit tipsy from the whiskey (a rather cheap blend this time round) I had, on my 64gb PlayBook I can't help to think this little machine is still great in all it can do. I'm playing Pink Floyd (neutron), loading a video (Ricky Gervais), running Jetpack Joyride, and I deleted some unnecessary emails. It does all I want it to do. And more. The PlayBook gives me a sense of connection, not just on this forum but also when I'm on the train, when I'm taking notes during a seminar , a run to the toilet or doing field research. It is (still) a very potent machine and accompanies me through the day. The battery life is great, the OS is smooth and fast, screen resolution is very acceptable and let's not forget the specs are still not *that* outdated. Also the sheer build quality and portability are a big plus to me (especially if I consider the 10" Samsung tab my gf uses). It's just a very nice device. Moreover I'd like to stress that this forum is not just a place of meeting, it's also a place where one can ventilate ones frustrations. BB10 not being issued on pb yet is a bit of a downer, sure. But it doesn't make our pb redundant! To be honest we don't know what BB10's going to bring us, and if it'll be any good. Still I'm anticipating it, but it comes when it comes. I'll see if I like it when I have it. Until then I'm very satisfied with the functionality the pb has given me so far. Although I don't know if this rant has brought you anything, I at least got it off my chest Lots of love from Holland.
    Enyigma likes this.
    03-01-13 08:50 PM
    Hi everybody!!

This is my very first ever CrackBerry Forums posting!! So let me start by saying hello to everyone on CrackBerry!! I am on CrackBerry often and enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and opinions, whether positive or negative!

The BlackBerry PlayBook and the update to BlackBerry 10 OS is well publicized in more than one thread and also other websites. This is not speculation anymore. It will arrive, we just don't know exactly when. Those are the facts. I understand the OP and their disappointment that it has not yet arrived. I too am very excited and look forward to seeing the latest OS on my PlayBook. My young daughter is thrilled with the idea of doing BBM with me as she too has a PlayBook that I purchased for her as a birthday gift the summer it was released.

Ladies and Gentlemen of CrackBerry nation, correct me if I'm wrong here, but does the PlayBook not already have QNX running on it? Does it not have all the functionality of BlackBerry 10 in some form? My PlayBook operates with all swipe gestures. It has (a form of) a HUB ie. Messages app which integrates email, Twitter, and Facebook. It has "some" of the newest apps BlackBerry World has to offer. BlackBerry World is actually named BlackBerry World because I received an update for that very purpose. I do however have a firm grip on the reality, and am fully aware that the OS on PlayBook is not EXACTLY the same as the OS on the BlackBerry Z10. PlayBook is still running 2.1 and is missing features like the HUB which runs consistently in the background and is one swipe away at any time on a Z10. The latest camera features are also absent on the PlayBook. But apps such as Video Chat on PlayBook (which I use almost daily with my daughter while I'm at work while tethered to my Bold 9900) is an early form of BBM video, as it is all tied in together through your BBID. I've already performed BBM video between a Z10 and my PlayBook with a work colleague to see how well it would work. I'm pleased to advise you all that BBM Video between PlayBook and Z10 works well. Again I performed this while I tethered my PlayBook to my Bold 9900 and my work colleague was at his home via LTE on his Z10.

My point is to the OP that although you don't have BlackBerry 10 in the form found on the Z10, you do have the same basic functionality of it on your PlayBook with version 2.1 because at the end of the day both devices run on the QNX platform with the same principles of swipe gestures, BBID, and the latest apps found in BlackBerry World.

I hope that makes it easier to wait for BlackBerry 10 on your PlayBook.

Cheers!!

BlackBerry Bold 9900
    BlackBerry PlayBook 64 GB
    03-02-13 03:05 AM
    Fair enough. I'm just trying to prove a point, and that is that words have meanings. If he had edited his post or clarified, we wouldn't be posting.
    hi i hope os10 will be a breakthrough in the mobile os.but for the proper working of these operating systems it is highly recommended to use high speed wireless networks likewise from terago networks and it also enable us to help the usage of application more effectively.
    03-06-13 05:44 AM

I don't think so, as I can stream video to my SmartTV, and my laptop which both use the same WiFi connection, and on SOME websites, the streaming works ok. I was told by BB support that it is probably some sort of incompatability between the PlayBook and CERTAIN streaming sites (sadly it seems, mainly the ones I want to use). Too many people report having streaming issues on their PB when other devices connected in the same way work fine for it not to be some sort of issue with the PB.
    I'm glad that it works for you though. If you are able, maybe try to connect to the 4oD website ( Channel 4 - 4oD ) and see if you can stream video from that ok. It would be interesting to find out. For me, it usually fails (excessively buffers or freezes) after 2-5 minutes.

Chris.
    03-06-13 06:45 AM
    Can't say that I've ever had problems streaming stuff. Watched plenty of live sports via the PB.

The update to "PB10" will come in due course. Will it get here soon enough to satisfy me? Nope. But that's OK because my little PlayBook is an excellent little piece of gear and gets the job done. One odd thing however, my PB's native calendar is fubarred but it's not a biggie as I use my phone for calendar purposes. Still a weird bug though.
    03-06-13 07:13 AM
    it will come soon enough and if the z10 is anything to go by it will be well worth the wait. Also to our bonus by time playbook does get 10 alot more app designers will be on board and our patience will be rewarded with more apps than we can shake a stick at. im happy to wait for a cleaner OS than for it to be released with bugs
    03-06-13 07:35 AM
    I have a LTE playbook. I think the playbook will become very powerful when Skype is finally ported to the QNX OS, I can use it as a mobile phone when Skype arrives.
    03-06-13 08:26 AM
46 12