I just noticed last night that my 64gb PB does not have a "Sound and Notifications" tab. I checked my girlfriends 64bg and it is there.

Any idea why mine is missing? All the software and hardware revisions are identical
    08-19-12 09:08 AM
    Don't know. Have you rebooted or 3 button rebooted?
    08-19-12 09:23 AM
    As mentioned:

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    08-19-12 09:46 AM
    Tried all three reboot options in order and it is still the same. Probably wait for version 2.1 to come out as this has to be a software issue.
    08-19-12 10:02 AM
    Are both playbooks on the same OS version?
    08-19-12 10:11 AM
    All the software and hardware revisions are identical
    08-19-12 10:12 AM
    My bad, should have read more carefully. Seems rather strange then. I'd say if it isn't fixed by the next update, contact RIM about it.
    08-19-12 12:02 PM
    I _THINK_ that this has come up before but can't be sure. You might search for "notification" and see if anything matches.
    08-19-12 12:29 PM
    Well I called tech support and they told me to do a complete wipe from the BB desktop software. I did a complete back-up of my PB. Reinstalled the OS and bingo the sound and notification are back!

Had to set-up my e-mail accounts again and sync Outlook which was odd because I had to add blu- in front of m.hotmail.com to get it to configure the account properly. Did not have to do that before...odd.

Anyway all is good now. So that is the fix for this issue.

Ben
    08-19-12 06:39 PM
    Well I called tech support and they told me to do a complete wipe from the BB desktop software. I did a complete back-up of my PB. Reinstalled the OS and bingo the sound and notification are back!

Had to set-up my e-mail accounts again and sync Outlook which was odd because I had to add blu- in front of m.hotmail.com to get it to configure the account properly. Did not have to do that before...odd.

Anyway all is good now. So that is the fix for this issue.

Ben
    Yeah I think hotmail changed some things around lately. Many users, myself included, experienced battery drain issues due to hotmail, as well as not being able to connect to its servers. Some users were remedied by the 'blu' prefix for the hotmail server, others not. Just a heads up if you start experiencing any further related problems.
    08-20-12 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD