I couldn't help but notice that there is no sounds being ported to my TV when I plug in my PlayBook via HDMI and try and watch videos using the browser. On the other hand, listening to music or watching videos stored on the PlayBook seem to work just fine.

Has anyone else tried watching web videos and have sound?
    04-28-11 12:24 PM
    ive not played around with that yet. but i have noticed there is a considerable amount of volume loss when my PB is hooked up to my receiver I usually keep my receiver around -45 to about -50 and its loud enough, with my PB connected, i have to turn the volume all the way to -25 -30 to be able to hear anything.
    04-28-11 12:41 PM
    Oh, wait, the pb does not come with an hdmi cable? I had not looked at the cable until just now thinking it was hdmi but it is merely a usb cable!!!! Darn. I thought folks were going to monoprice to get longer cables.

Oh, well, can't test hdmi-out!
    04-28-11 03:22 PM
    I've played many shows through the browser hooked up through hdmi. All outputs just fine. Don't really know what to tell you since you said it works with local videos.
    04-28-11 04:33 PM
    In the settings menu under "HDMI" make sure you have "HDMI Audio" set to on.
    04-28-11 05:54 PM
    thanks, that was one of the first things I checked. The sound works fine while playing music or watching movies that are on my playbook but there isnt any sound when streaming off the internet or some other applications, including need for speed.
    04-28-11 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD