Ok, switched over to BBMCD program and loaded just the net_rim_vad file and rebooted, no luck.
    08-31-11 03:05 PM
    I cannot believe that this fixed my longstanding inability to view attachments over the past two updates. I am running a carrier (Tmo) official release for the 9700, but it must have a bad file. I loaded another carrier OS file (a mildly complex process) and now everything works fine.

Unbelievable. Shame on RIM for not figuring this out on their own.

A huge thank you to whomever figured this out.
    08-31-11 03:40 PM
    Ok, switched over to BBMCD program and loaded just the net_rim_vad file and rebooted, no luck.
    I don't know if this matters but when I looked at the modules, I see FOUR (4) modules that have "vad" in their names

the one you mention

and

net_rim_vad_resource
    net_rim_vad_resource_en
    net_rim_vad_engine_resource_en_US

I don't know if what you did loaded those others and if they are needed.
    08-31-11 05:10 PM
    i reinstalled my os yesterday and included voice activated dialing.

pb can see media card now.
    08-31-11 05:21 PM
    I am now reloading OS, since nothing has worked so far. Hope to get it fixed with this.
    09-01-11 09:38 AM
    I am now reloading OS, since nothing has worked so far. Hope to get it fixed with this.
    I reloaded my OS to fix mine, but my voice dialing app only shows the one VAD file was loaded. Sorry that didn't work, a full reload should.
    09-01-11 10:07 AM
    Ok, Now I have done a full reload of the OS and still no luck. This time though when I run BBMCD program, VAD is showing up. So it looks like my VAD is in and working. Any other ideas?
    09-02-11 08:26 AM
    Ok, Now I have done a full reload of the OS and still no luck. This time though when I run BBMCD program, VAD is showing up. So it looks like my VAD is in and working. Any other ideas?
    Try loading the OS without shrinking or anything. Then reload bridge without restoring your backup.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 10:40 AM
    I don't know if this matters but when I looked at the modules, I see FOUR (4) modules that have "vad" in their names

the one you mention

and

net_rim_vad_resource
    net_rim_vad_resource_en
    net_rim_vad_engine_resource_en_US

I don't know if what you did loaded those others and if they are needed.
    There's actually 54 files that you need to upload. They can be found the \Java folder. I had the same issue and I used BBSAK to upload the 54 COD files and now I have VAD working on my phone.

VAD is working fine but I can only view pictures on PB with Bridge. If I open a folder with videos or music I get "There are no files that can be opened in this application"....
    Last edited by ronjon12; 09-03-11 at 04:29 PM.
    09-03-11 04:21 PM
    Still no luck. I have the VAD working, and I still like above have no files in any of the bridge folders. I tried copying some files over manually just to see if they need to have a file on the playbook first just to make it work, and nothing.
    09-06-11 08:07 AM
    Okay, just to check: You do not have "security" or whatever it is called enabled to encrypt the sd card? You are not plugged into the usb on a computer with your phone which might affect "mass storage mode" or, again, whatever it might be called? You're not on BES/corp system? Your OS on the phone is now a standard and not a hybrid? What else? Under BridgeFiles, at the top, I see "Playbook" and in my case "Blackberry 9650" (with 9650 highlighted).
    mjozwiak1856 likes this.
    09-06-11 09:06 AM
    Ok, checked media card encryption and it is off.

Not on a usb with either device.

I am on a Corporate BES, did not see anything about that. But I am also the administrator, so is there something I need to adjust?

ATT .600 standard OS.

I see the folders on the media card, but they all say empty and no files in them.
    09-06-11 12:34 PM
    Not being BES, I have no idea. I was just throwing out the obvious issues or ones I've seen mentioned in other "why the heck does xxx not work!"

There are files in the folders?

Okay, I just looked at DEVICE and then home/user/music and "there are no files...."

But looking at home/user/pictures I do see the picture I use as my BB wallpaper as well as some other jpg, png files listed and I could open one of the jpgs. NO FILES showed under kindle or music or documents.

But under Media Card I can see items in various folders. I just opened a word doc that I created for Milles Bornes (bb phone version). Opened an excel spreadsheet - again, on Media Card.
    09-06-11 03:29 PM
    Yeah still no luck. I also can't see the device in Windows 7 on my laptop, but can on XP with my desktop.
    09-08-11 07:42 AM
    Odd. I added the 4 English vad files to my 9550 last night using bbmcp & it worked perfectly. Not sure why this doesn't work for a few.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 08:28 AM
    just for the record encryption of the sdcard shouldn't make a difference, I use encryption for device memory and sdcard, and I can access files no problem.

using PB OS 1.0.7.2942, 9900 7.0.0.353 (but it also worked this way on my 9780), Bridge 1.0.5.6 (non AT&T version)
    09-08-11 09:43 AM
    i didnt know we were supposed to be able to do this
    09-08-11 11:20 AM
    I'm not sure but I read somewhere here that media card access canot be used on BES.

please correct me if i'm wrong. Security issue i think.
    09-08-11 01:29 PM
    A quick update:

I just upgraded my 9780 to 6.0.0.660, and I tried taking out the VAD files to see if I'd get the password problem again. I didn't. Everything appears to be working smoothly. So, it looks like RIM relocated whatever piece of code was lurking in the VAD files that was needed to allow the PB to send a password to the BB. Others may want to try this and confirm it.
    09-26-11 08:31 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD