I love blackberries, don't get me wrong. One of the BBs strong sells was its rock solid push email platform. If BB10 is gonna lack this feature its gonna be a deal breaker For me.(I will stay with BB7 products until they are out there!) What do you think?

I know that for some emails there is the option of push if available but 2 out of my 3 emails including my godaddy email lack that option which is very sad considering the older platform has it and we are gonna lose it in qnx platform.

I just want to see if any of you have some knowledge if BB10 is gonna be the same as PB?
    02-21-12 06:30 PM
    I have no idea about it. I would appreciate any useful news though. I guess they didn't have enough time to think of creating push notification for all kinds of email. My exchange, hotmail, and gmail all work correctly.
    02-21-12 06:36 PM
    I love blackberries, don't get me wrong. One of the BBs strong sells was its rock solid push email platform. If BB10 is gonna lack this feature its gonna be a deal breaker For me.(I will stay with BB7 products until they are out there!) What do you think?

I know that for some emails there is the option of push if available but 2 out of my 3 emails including my godaddy email lack that option which is very sad considering the older platform has it and we are gonna lose it in qnx platform.

I just want to see if any of you have some knowledge if BB10 is gonna be the same as PB?
    It's not a question of the playbooks native message app being capable, we all know it is, it's when you're configuring the account and it does that "looking up connection information" step, this is when your playbook pings your email provider for information, some of that information is what that said provider will allow as supported services, one of which being push email. So in a nutshell, it's not RIM stopping it, it's your email isn't allowing it.
    imacj likes this.
    02-21-12 06:43 PM
    my emails are pushing to my playbook faster than they are to my phone.
    BrizzadMan and T_Touch like this.
    02-21-12 06:44 PM
    There are a lot of company's that not updated their software to work with BB OS6 and beyond. I used to use dictionary.com with my old curve on OS5. No big deal, I just use my explorer insted of the icon.
    02-21-12 06:46 PM
    If you go to your email's advanced settings you will see that it "pulls" your account and gives you the option to check every 5, 15, 30, etc minutes.
    This is not push for sure.
    For some emails there is the option that says "push if available".
    So you get notifications but they are not pushed to you. Your PB uses battery every 5 or 15 minutes and checks your email VS email is checked by NOC and pushed to you when there is new email available without you having to use your battery to check mail every 5 or 15 minutes. So your battery runs out as fast as any other smart phone from BB10 and on.
    02-21-12 06:46 PM
    Don't get push email on my desktop either or my laptop either because where my email is coming from is not pushed. If I had an exchange server that my email came from then yes I could get push email on either, I think.
    02-21-12 06:47 PM
    I have gmail. But I get emails about 45 seconds later on the PlayBook than my BlackBerry.

I don't see any pull options on in my settings.

45 seconds isn't going to kill me.

Will it...? :-0
    02-21-12 06:49 PM
    All of my emails are being pushed to my Playbook
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    02-21-12 06:50 PM
    Like was already stated by Xavier85, if your email provider does not provide push email through ActiveSync then the Playbook will pull the email. All of my accounts push email because that is the service that they provide, this includes my work email using Exchange, my alumni email using Exchange, my Hotmail account, and my Gmail account. You don't have push email on your account because your email provider is offering that service.

You only had it previously because BIS was pushing the email to you, but pulling the email from your provider.

Before you rant and claim FAIL, you should at least try to understand how the system works and sent your rant to the right place. You want push email then go back to using Bridge.
    kbz1960 and jem9777 like this.
    02-21-12 06:53 PM
    I know how it worked in BIS. And I expect the same level of service in BB10. That's all I said. FAIL is my 2 cents on this. Sorry if you don't like it.
    Godaddy is not a small provider so many people will be in my situation and not as happy as before in BB10.
    Again, I think they should pull it for me and push it to my BB10 phone or PB. Pulling email kills the battery if you set it to short intervals.
    That's why for phone I would rather have a BB7. 2 cents, nothing more.
    02-21-12 07:04 PM
    I know how it worked in BIS. And I expect the same level of service in BB10. That's all I said. FAIL is my 2 cents on this. Sorry if you don't like it.
    Godaddy is not a small provider so many people will be in my situation and not as happy as before in BB10.
    Again, I think they should pull it for me and push it to my BB10 phone or PB. Pulling email kills the battery if you set it to short intervals.
    That's why for phone I would rather have a BB7. 2 cents, nothing more.
    Is this not how apple and android get email? It's pulled/polled when you aren't using an exchange server.
    02-21-12 07:09 PM
    Go and watch the CES video where K-Mich asked RIM this question. The BIS push email architecture is outdated and has many problems (i.e. restrictions on email sizes, inability to sync properly with Gmail, etc.). RIM also doesn't want to get into the massive outage issue it had last year going forward with BB10 devices, and wants to use the NOC for other stuff (i.e. dealing with the congregation of information in the OS2.0 contacts app and calendar app).

For many consumers, it just doesn't make sense any more, especially when we are on 4G LTE networks.
    02-21-12 07:16 PM
    Since when apple/android are the standard? My standard is the quality of service I get from BB6/7 devices. I don't need fart apps.
    If BB10 gives me fart apps and pulled email then I will stick with BB6/7.
    02-21-12 07:17 PM
    Thread = FAIL

My emails are getting pushed to my PlayBook just fine. You can check if push is enabled or not by going to your email under accounts and going to advanced settings. If push isn't available for your email, that's your email provider's problem, not RIM's.

Like rjedge54 said, learn about what you're complaining about before complaining about it.
    diegonei likes this.
    02-21-12 07:18 PM
    Since when apple/android are the standard? My standard is the quality of service I get from BB6/7 devices. I don't need fart apps.
    I'm sorry, but i LOVE the way you summed up both the ios and android platforms as fart apps! Laughing sooo hard right now!
    02-21-12 07:20 PM
    Fail is you 2 cents, and you are entitled to that opinion, however you need to understand that it is godaddy that is failing here, not playbook. Neither the $2 - $3 delux account offers push.... maybe godaddy should look into this. Maybe you should contact them rather than whining here. I also have a Godaddy account, looked to upgrade it today, but they just don't offer active sync. I'll likley move to office 365, extra 2 bucks per month, but it offers so much more.

So like others have said before, yes you can continue to work as you are with bridge. If that's not acceptable for you, then look to a providor that provides active sync.... This is not a playbook/RIM issue :/
    02-21-12 07:21 PM
    Emails arrive faster on my playbook than on my iphone
    02-21-12 07:28 PM
    OK I lose. You win. I hope rim ends up surviving and winning. Rims battery was the best but it won't be anymore for many without push. That's it. No big deal.
    I won't change my provider because of my phone.
    02-21-12 07:37 PM
    Is this not how apple and android get email? It's pulled/polled when you aren't using an exchange server.
    iOS and Android have had push email for a couple years now. Albeit, from different methods (ie. imap idle, c2dm, etc.. ). These days it's no longer a mobile platform issue, so much as it's a mail server issue. Any mail server that can't push to mobile devices is a bit behind the times.

Spoken like somebody who's only experience of other platforms is what he/she's heard by word of mouth.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 02-21-12 at 07:52 PM.
    02-21-12 07:49 PM
    I'm having no issues with my email. Comes same time as phone, I hear the notification at nearly the same time.
    02-21-12 07:53 PM
    lol, you obviously still don't get it :/ Does Godaddy push to your PC ?? NO. Do they push to your phone ?? NO, bis pulls and pushes to your phone.

I have 2 exchange accounts and my hotmail setup, they are working great. My godaddy.... I can only pop (yes it's a pop account, supports pull only). Didn't like that so for now I just use it with bridge, but as I said will likely just move it to microsofts office 365.
    02-21-12 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD