Without jailbreaking my wife's iPad, can't load a Playstation emulator on it. She saw me playing Chrono Trigger on my Playbook, and said she wanted that for her iPad.

Couldn't find a way to do it without jailbreaking it, which she won't allow.
    10-01-12 01:05 PM
    Poor ipad and its followers
    10-01-12 01:10 PM
    She saw me playing Chrono Trigger on my Playbook, and said she wanted that for her iPad.
    Simply, buy her a NEW Playbook. Problem solved.
    One MORE reason why to buy a Playbook!

LOL
    10-01-12 01:13 PM
    Pretty easy and fairly harmless to jailbreak these days, not sure what her hesitation is, unless it's a work issued iPad and prohibited.
    10-01-12 01:16 PM
    Pretty easy and fairly harmless to jailbreak these days, not sure what her hesitation is, unless it's a work issued iPad and prohibited.
    Don't think she trusts me not to mess it up, at least while it's still under warranty.
    10-01-12 01:28 PM
    Jail breaking doesn't void the warranty anymore.

Apple keeps most emulators out of the App Store due to legal issues. Video game ROMs and rips are, after all, illegal.

Are Video Game ROMs Illegal? What Gamers Should Know - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com
    10-01-12 01:36 PM
    I'm confused
    10-01-12 01:37 PM
    Jail breaking doesn't void the warranty anymore.

Apple keeps most emulators out of the App Store due to legal issues. Video game ROMs and rips are, after all, illegal.

Are Video Game ROMs Illegal? What Gamers Should Know - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com
    It really depends on where you live...

Most Emulators are legal, they are just a program which emulates hardware. So if its not using or distributing with any leaked code or System files of the original console its not illegal.

Well roms on the other side are in most cases illegal, but this also depends on the country your living in. If you own the original game its legal in many countries to create a backup of it and play it with whatever you want.

But yeah most roms are downloaded by people who dont own the original game
    10-01-12 03:05 PM
    Just FYI: Square Enix does have an official version of Chrono Trigger in the App Store.
    10-01-12 04:12 PM
    Chrono trigger was only released on the SNES, Chronocross was released on the PSX.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-01-12 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD