Since i've had my PlayBook, i've noticed that the notification indicator light hasn't really been implemented into anything.
    for example... BBM - instead of the standard red flash, we just get a pulsating red bar in the top left hand corner of the screen (if using another application) or nothing at all!

Is there any way to turn the light on at all? or if not, will we ever see it in action in the future?
    12-31-11 03:42 PM
    It is in use under the OS2 beta so expect it in Feb unless you wanna try the Btea now
    jafobabe and Delirious D like this.
    12-31-11 03:53 PM
    It is in use under the OS2 beta so expect it in Feb unless you wanna try the Btea now
    Really, in the Developer's Build?
    I never noticed.
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    12-31-11 04:57 PM
    i would but I've heard bad things regarding BlackBerry Bridge... in my opinion, it should really have been a feature from the start
    12-31-11 05:33 PM
    i would but I've heard bad things regarding BlackBerry Bridge.
    Such as???

I've not heard such things, please tell. My bridge works great, so I'm curious what you mean.
    12-31-11 07:22 PM
    Such as???

I've not heard such things, please tell. My bridge works great, so I'm curious what you mean.
    I've seen a few videos/posts regarding Bridge not working at all/as it should under the 2.0 beta.
    01-01-12 12:55 PM
    Really, in the Developer's Build?
    I never noticed.
    The only difference I noticed is the led will flash when the battery is under 10%.
    The options are there in the settings so I would assume the led will have more functions when the official OS is released.
    01-01-12 01:10 PM
    I've seen a few videos/posts regarding Bridge not working at all/as it should under the 2.0 beta.
    The bridge was not enabled in the first release of the beta. In the current version of the beta the bridge works just as it should or better in my opinion.

The bridge always worked in OS1.
    jwhatton likes this.
    01-01-12 01:15 PM
    The bridge was not enabled in the first release of the beta. In the current version of the beta the bridge works just as it should or better in my opinion.

The bridge always worked in OS1.
    In that case I may just give it a whirl! I rely quite heavily on Bridge so I couldn't really do without it
    01-01-12 01:32 PM
    In that case I may just give it a whirl! I rely quite heavily on Bridge so I couldn't really do without it
    I was reluctant as well but it seems that the latest beta has the bridge working quite well.
    01-01-12 01:34 PM
    I was reluctant as well but it seems that the latest beta has the bridge working quite well.
    Just installed OS 2.0, it runs surprisingly well! Bridge works perfectly, but BBM notifications in the top left corner don't work properly which I'll just put down to being a bug
    Notification light doesn't seem to work, but the option is there, so that's promising at least!
    01-01-12 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD