I can personally see no problems whatsoever with the new release. Since the hardware is presumably the same and the OS did a full install, I assume, I cannot see why so many other people are having problems.
    I don`t sideload apps but the ones that I do use are all working properly, I can send SMS messages via the bridge which I used for the first time today. My contacts are all there. No data that I am aware of got lost. The Bing maps works. Portrait email works. The camera works. Slacker radio works, and through my BB Music Gateway too. I can connect to the phone through Bluetooth, obviously.

Battery usage is hard to tell since I tend to just plug it in at home and work anyway.

So here is a positive posting about the new upgrade.

Edit: Also, my emails are all there although it took a few minutes for them to show up.
    Last edited by timmy t; 10-03-12 at 08:14 PM.
    10-03-12 07:57 PM
    Same here.
    Faster, smoother.....very happy.
    currygoat and TommyBB like this.
    10-03-12 08:05 PM
    Copy that, OP. 100% satisfied with what was offered.

the only thing that might be nice would be bbm groups support, but that's not what i expected. of the sideloaded android apps installed previously, all that i've used work fine (google voice, kindle app, a few games.)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    TommyBB and currygoat like this.
    10-03-12 08:13 PM
    Ditto...no problems at all. Very happy with update.
    TommyBB and currygoat like this.
    10-03-12 08:19 PM
    Downloaded & Installed directly over the latest beta and everything works as expected. I have many side loaded apps, emails, cals, contacts, PB apps, bridged functions etc.
    Just lucky I guess.
    TommyBB likes this.
    10-03-12 08:20 PM
    Same here no problems other than one app so far (Stellarium) locks up, I'm going to delete and reinstall that when I get home. I'm happy.
    10-03-12 08:23 PM
    Works great. Lost nothing. Love the enhancements. A great tablet just got better.
    TommyBB, samson47 and Celandine like this.
    10-03-12 08:52 PM
    I can personally see no problems whatsoever with the new release. Since the hardware is presumably the same and the OS did a full install, I assume, I cannot see why so many other people are having problems.
    I don`t sideload apps but the ones that I do use are all working properly, I can send SMS messages via the bridge which I used for the first time today. My contacts are all there. No data that I am aware of got lost. The Bing maps works. Portrait email works. The camera works. Slacker radio works, and through my BB Music Gateway too. I can connect to the phone through Bluetooth, obviously.

Battery usage is hard to tell since I tend to just plug it in at home and work anyway.

So here is a positive posting about the new upgrade.

Edit: Also, my emails are all there although it took a few minutes for them to show up.

Same here.
    Faster, smoother.....very happy.
    Ditto...no problems at all. Very happy with update.
    Downloaded & Installed directly over the latest beta and everything works as expected. I have many side loaded apps, emails, cals, contacts, PB apps, bridged functions etc.
    Just lucky I guess.
    Works great. Lost nothing. Love the enhancements. A great tablet just got better.
    Amen. Three PB's, three happy endings for me!
    10-03-12 09:02 PM
    looks good to me.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-03-12 09:05 PM
    Add me to the "happy" list,
    Browser is way faster compared to .668 , Apps all working as they should.
    10-03-12 09:05 PM
    Everything's fine for me as well. The only thing that sucks for me is that battery life seems to be the same. No improvements on my PB as far as I know. 10 minutes of playing Fantasy Island seems to drain about 10% of battery
    10-03-12 09:08 PM
    Same here everything works just as it should. I do side loading though, and they work just fine. All in all I think RIM did a great job. As happy as I am with the OS and I still get a huge update down the road

PlayBook owners got it made. That's why I bought a couple of them
    Same with me also, no complaints at all so far. I am a very happy blackberry playbook user!
    Not only was the update awesome, it has also made me a better husband, the sky was bluer today, eggs tasted better, van ran smooth, kids are listening and Mitt Romney is smashing Obama in the debate tonight. A purely blissful day for me all around!!!
    10-03-12 09:12 PM
    I did the update and can't tell any changes, which is usually a good thing...... most updates break things. I am not able to report any issues thus far.
    Last edited by o. l. t.; 10-03-12 at 09:24 PM.
    10-03-12 09:14 PM
    I am also a very happy camper with the new OS 2.1 upgrade...and the new Bridge app as well. Everything has been flowing smoothly right after installation. I feel bad for those who are having issues, but for whatever the reason is they are clearly in the minority. As someone stated earlier the enhancements made a great tablet even better. I'm so looking forward to BB 10...

Bob
    10-03-12 09:17 PM
    MINE AS WELL
    downloaded and installed and worked straight away well done RIMM
    samson47 likes this.
    10-03-12 09:21 PM
    Everything's fine for me as well. The only thing that sucks for me is that battery life seems to be the same. No improvements on my PB as far as I know. 10 minutes of playing Fantasy Island seems to drain about 10% of battery
    I wonder if the app itself is a power hog?

Not only was the update awesome, it has also made me a better husband, the sky was bluer today, eggs tasted better, van ran smooth, kids are listening and Mitt Romney is smashing Obama in the debate tonight. A purely blissful day for me all around!!!
    LOL!

How are you sending SMS text via bridge?

I did the update and can't tell any changes, which is usually a good thing...... most updates break things. I am not able to report any issues thus far. I do not however see a way to SMS text over bridge. In my contacts the numbers are black not hyperlinked and no options so I was trying to figure out what you were speaking of.
    I was actually sending email and sms via bridge accidentally. I had forgotten to activate my PB's wifi. Is email and sms via bridge an issue now too?

I am also a very happy camper with the new OS 2.1 upgrade...and the new Bridge app as well. Everything has been flowing smoothly right after installation. I feel bad for those who are having issues, but for whatever the reason is they are clearly in the minority. As someone stated earlier the enhancements made a great tablet even better. I'm so looking forward to BB 10...

Bob
    A big YEAH to BB10! Can't wait is right!
    10-03-12 09:27 PM
    AOK by me. Worked fine.
    10-03-12 09:27 PM
    I wonder if the app itself is a power hog?

Hard to tell. I feel as if Wifi is the issue here. I think even without playing fantasy islands, the most battery I will get is about 4 hours. Don't know if that's normal.
    10-03-12 09:41 PM
    For a moment I thought I was reading something written by James Stewart as George Bailey in "It's a Wonderful Life." Thank you for the humour.
    10-03-12 11:17 PM
    Do any of you still have the FB friends Birthday entries in the calendar app?
    10-03-12 11:22 PM
    All good so far, only a few hours in so haven't checked every app out.
    10-03-12 11:23 PM
    I've been using it all day. No issues at all.
    10-03-12 11:25 PM
    Hard to tell. I feel as if Wifi is the issue here. I think even without playing fantasy islands, the most battery I will get is about 4 hours. Don't know if that's normal.
    I get about 5-6 hours with heavy usage. Try lowering the brightness of your screen and switch off wi-fi and bluetooth when not needed.

Yeah some of these games are real power hungry.
    10-03-12 11:29 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD