10-20-14 02:29 PM
140 ... 456
tools
    I hear good things about the hudl. I heard it also has hdmi out!

Give my PlayBook to the kids, you've got to be joking. You underestimate kids knowledge of tech!
    Mine does me for all the things mentioned above. It's also great mounted in the car. The browser isn't too bad especially when using origami. I see it as a big screen for the phone. My eyes aren't what they used to be and the Z30 doesn't feel enough like an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 03:48 PM
    I hear good things about the hudl. I heard it also has hdmi out!

Give my PlayBook to the kids, you've got to be joking. You underestimate kids knowledge of tech!
    Mine does me for all the things mentioned above. It's also great mounted in the car. The browser isn't too bad especially when using origami. I see it as a big screen for the phone. My eyes aren't what they used to be and the Z30 doesn't feel enough like an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    The hudl 2 does look decent Android 4.4 and hdmi out. BlackBerry not competing with Tesco. They could have, but chose not to.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    10-09-14 04:16 PM
    BlackBerry not competing with Tesco. They could have, but chose not to.
    Uhm... huh?!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 05:18 PM
    I think what he means is if Tesco can manufacture, sell and support a half decent tab for 75.00, how comes Blackberry couldn't manage it for four times the price when its its core, primary business. Fair enough Tesco have a lot more money (maybe not at the moment) but they have other things to concentrate on like errr groceries.
    10-09-14 06:12 PM
    I still use my PlayBooks for stuff like writing essays and listening to music, but having picked up a Dell Venue Pro 8 64GB for $200*, I'm very happy. Windows 8.1 Pro, can use Miracast to connect to my TV, free full version of Office, I can run Momentics on it, the battery lasts all day, and I will be able to use Blend once they open it up to the rest of the BB10 devices. Way more useful than an iPad or Android tablet for anyone trying to upgrade.

*(Price matched at Fry's locally, they screwed up and wrote the quote for the 64GB model instead of the 32GB)

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 09:07 AM
    Tescos hudl a great buy. For an. PlayBook tablet upgrade
    10-11-14 12:30 PM
    Hdmi out too
    10-11-14 12:30 PM
    I think what you are missing is tbe understanding tbat pb owners are not even a blip on the radar. no matter how you spin it from a business standpoint you invest in areas tbat make you money. evefy single pb owner could tell.everyone they know not to buy bb ever again and it would not even show a spike in the baseline. THAT is business bb is over the pb and moved on. you would have better luck trying to have the edsel relaunched.
    business enterprise servers and security is bb game and glad to see they are getting back to their core values . not getting down in the trenches of consumer electronics where they will lose.
    10-13-14 08:30 AM
    I'm shocked! Absolutely flabbergasted! Actually, not really. This thing is a good piece of physical hardware and I use it nearly daily, BUT support has dropped for it, and don't expect that to change. BB has bigger things to worry about (like staying in business/relevant), so they won't be spending any money on this device.

How bad are things for BB? As an example, my employer (more than 1,000 employees) has historically used BB devices as their only phones. This changed with the company bending to demands and supporting Android and iPhones. We got word earlier this year that OS7 devices are no longer supported, and personal chats with the IT department has revealed plans to end BB support altogether. Not necessarily something that's happening everywhere, but it's been a trend for a while. I don't see Passport being as big a hit as the company is expecting, and there will be a percentage of people who will prefer a BB phone, but the company has a big uphill battle ahead, so there will be casualties along the way (Playbook).
    LOL. I still use mine- occasionally....when I feel nostalgic. Usually several times a week or when I think about it. But, that is it for me. Nothing wrong for those that want to "keep hope alive" and/or use it daily, weekly, etc... Just know that the Playbook Canoe was sent up a creek(a few years ago)........and no paddles. It is done.
    10-13-14 02:50 PM
    4 Playbooks in the house that get used daily. I have no reason to upgrade to another tablet. I also have no foolish hurt feelings about BlackBerry not supporting it. It is what it is. I also have no dopey screw you BlackBerry, I'm going Apple ideas in mind because I've taken it as some personal attack against me by a struggling company. I use BlackBerry by choice and love my devices and will continue to support the company that makes my life easier. Would I like the Playbook to do more? Of course. Is it going to? No.
    The Playbook is valuable to me and I will continue to enjoy using it.
    It's also the employee I trained 4 years ago that is rarely sick, always on time, and reliable and loyal . It will never be my highest paid employee because it can't do the complex jobs that I require newer and more capable employees to do. Do I care? Yes I actually do. But realistically, not every employee has the same damn capacity and capabilities. You fit them where they are effective and pay them for results and you appreciate everyone's contributions and how they make you complete. Its as simple as that. Drop the semantics and speculative casting and focus on today. It's okay to be disappointed. It happens. That's life.
    Enjoy the device, continue to use it and stop dwelling. You are all taking a product wayyyyyyyyy to seriously.
    I've worked with many people that won't get over things. I fired them.
    Does it cause backlash? Sure does, but it had to be done. Poison is poison and it infects everything in its path.
    Give your friggin heads a shake and stop assuming that you actually know how simple this that and the other thing could have been accomplished, and how stupid those trying to right the ship are and how your seemingly brilliant analysis is how things should be done.
    Focus your energy on why you enjoy something and drop the negativity and foolishness. Its bordering on pathetic.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis, Bigsigh08 and mh1983 like this.
    10-15-14 11:20 PM
    I should have bought the Ipad2 instead of the PlayBook. At least BlackBerry would be still supporting that tablet, and so would the rest of the world. I need to go out and buy a new tablet now anyways that will work with Sling box and/or Directv NFL Sunday Ticket as a second screen for Sundays, so I'll start investing in another ecosystem, and maybe like what I see, and maybe just decide that BlackBerry isn't worth staying around with on the phone side at some point because I have time/money invested in the other system. Plus who knows when/if BlackBerry will start treating phone users like they did the PlayBook users.......

See how poor customer service, lies, and treatment, combined with supporting competition's devices over your own can cause a chain of events that eventually causes you to lose your base?!

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    10-16-14 07:09 AM
    I should have bought the Ipad2 instead of the PlayBook. At least BlackBerry would be still supporting that tablet, and so would the rest of the world. I need to go out and buy a new tablet now anyways that will work with Sling box and/or Directv NFL Sunday Ticket as a second screen for Sundays, so I'll start investing in another ecosystem, and maybe like what I see, and maybe just decide that BlackBerry isn't worth staying around with on the phone side at some point because I have time/money invested in the other system. Plus who knows when/if BlackBerry will start treating phone users like they did the PlayBook users.......

See how poor customer service, lies, and treatment, combined with supporting competition's devices over your own can cause a chain of events that eventually causes you to lose your base?!

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    'Plus who knows when/if BlackBerry will start treating phone users like they did the PlayBook users.......'

For many BlackBerry phone users the PlayBook support issue is a test case for the for staying with BlackBerry.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    10-16-14 08:30 AM
    I personally think that PlayBook owners around the globe should continue to complain and do so very loudly. I personally own 3 play books, and ipad2 and I just placed a Google nexus 7 on lay-away because I could not pass up a good price. Mist PlayBook users purchased their devices in the early stages at astronomical prices with a promise of cutting edge features and state of the art capabilities. Now we all know that this has been met with some of the biggest lies I have ever heard of coming from a corporate entity. Owners have a right to be mad, a right to demand better, a right to demand accountability and something to right the wrong that has been done. So, for those of you who keep shouting, let it go! It's dead and so on, you need to be wondering why Blackberry has produced such a bad taste in the mouths of consumers around the globe and the debacle surrounding PlayBook support is a huge one that will never go away!

Posted via CB10
    Amen to this! I couldn't agree more with you! WE WANT BB10 FOR THE BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 08:16 PM
    Bridge works just the same as blend on the PlayBook.
    I have a passport and still use the PlayBook when out of office using the bridge.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:18 AM
    Thanks for the thought. I will continue to use my PB until it actually dies--at which time I will likely go Windows of some sort to enjoy the functionality.
    10-20-14 02:29 PM
140 ... 456