Does anyone believe that Apple or Google would put a new product on say a new BlackBerry 10 Tablet before their own brand Tablets ...no they wouldn't...why that would MADNESS!!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    Because you good sir, they don't need us, we need them (mostly their existing base, PB isn't quarter of what they have).
    Shouldn't be that difficult to understand.
    Anyways, I've been expecting this to happen, it did. { same old story, no glory}

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 12:07 PM
    At this point,a combination of BlackBerry Bridge, IMAP email account, and CalDAV is looking to be the closest thing to a PlayBook user's solution to the needs Blend is designed to fill. It at least works properly in the latest 10.3 build that we have access to and for those who insist on using their PlayBooks, it will have to do.

They don't sell the product. The OS is EOL. Doing anything for the product at this point just costs them money. I hate to say it, but the natural choice as far as future tablets for PlayBook owners wanting more is likely a Windows 8.1 Pro tablet. Thankfully there are decent offerings in the $200-250 range.

At least being a PC, it WILL have Blend and do just about everything else you could want it to do, including running Android apps in something like Bluestacks.

Posted via CB10
    PlayBook UK likes this.
    09-13-14 04:40 PM
    Doesn't make sense to me still. What does BlackBerry gain financially from making BlackBerry software run on competing hardware brands? Raising brand awareness possibly? It might, but that isn't going to make them buy a BlackBerry, they are just going to carry on with the device they have knowing they don't need to buy a BlackBerry to benefit from their software. If they wanted brand awareness would that time effort and money not be better spent putting some adverts on TV letting people know about the passport instead of people having to make a concerted effort to find one?

Regarding survival mode that always comes up, how come they can't put money into existing devices but they manage to somehow build a 2k Porsche phone that virtually no one will ever own?

Some strange goings on! Like a previous poster said, it's like BlackBerry make things that work on everything except the PlayBook.
    Regarding spending money they don't have

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:00 PM
    We all understand playbook end of life but it makes no sense that apple and android have the app and not blackberry for playbook.

Do we expect that people who own an ipad or android tablet will also own a Blackberry ???

That's stupid !!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:22 PM
    We all understand playbook end of life but it makes no sense that apple and android have the app and not blackberry for playbook.
    You just said it yourself. Playbook is EOL. So they made Blend for the tablets that are not EOL.

Do we expect that people who own an ipad or android tablet will also own a Blackberry ???

That's stupid !!!!
    I think plenty of BB10 users probably own an Android tablet or iPad.

I do. I'm sure plenty of people on this site do also.
    10-01-14 07:02 PM
    That's stupid !!!!
    Posted via CB10
    Do you really think that Blackberry owners are stuck in the past and only have Playbooks as their tablet or is the reality that the majority of tablets used by BB10 owners are probably Android or iPads?

I know lots of BB10 users and none of them have a PB except me.

It's a numbers game.
    10-01-14 11:40 PM
    What if you try to install the android tablet apk for blend?

Edit: nvm, forgot about the old runtime.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 11:43 PM
    I live my q10 and everything I hear about the rumored classic sounds like step back is power and hardware. Can't wait to see what it will be and I have been lucky with no q10 issues.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 03:24 PM
    What's a playbook?

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    10-02-14 03:29 PM
    What's a playbook?

Posted via CB10
    Mr. Chen, no need to be coy, you can log in using your real name. We can all tell it's you.
    dphjeff and anon(5597702) like this.
    10-02-14 03:36 PM
    I'm beginning to think no one in the UK understands the term obsolescence.
    petition this, petition that,.how dare they drop support. constant blah blah blah rallying for useless cause
    the sooner you guys get over this the easier life will be .
    this is a dead product. spend more energy enjoying what you have left and less fighting it.
    10-03-14 11:49 PM
    I'm beginning to think no one in the UK understands the term obsolescence.
    petition this, petition that,.how dare they drop support. constant blah blah blah rallying for useless cause
    the sooner you guys get over this the easier life will be .
    this is a dead product. spend more energy enjoying what you have left and less fighting it.
    It's true, people in the UK complain alot when things are not right. That's how the UK keeps such high standards. The way PlayBook owners have been treated over the last couple of years has not been right...Fact. Many in the UK bought their PlayBook from high street retailers who repeated the BlackBerry Line that BB10 was coming to the PlayBook. The UK are still big BlackBerry and PlayBook users.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    10-04-14 04:31 AM
    Living here for a while now, UK people will complain due to them also being passionate about something they love, yet, they also know when to move on too...I truly believe BlackBerry has heard all the noise concerning the PlayBook issue. BlackBerry also knows where the love is for their products, which is why the UK is the first to partake in this. Keep calm and complain on I would say....you never know what may be around the bend.... :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:43 PM
    What if you try to install the android tablet apk for blend?

Edit: nvm, forgot about the old runtime.

Posted via CB10
    I have said in previous posts the single most thing that would have resolved the majority of problems and kept peace between playbook users and BlackBerry would have been to update the runtime. Maybe that should have been the number one priority of all the campaigning that got done.
    It was the most possible and would have increased the life of the device the most without BlackBerry having to spend too much time on the development or working on the current Os.

Posted via CB10
    nealjane1 and PlayBook UK like this.
    10-05-14 06:29 AM
    You sound like a customer of mine. I do software training for a CAD package and the customer was all bent out if shape because we don't support windows XP and I'm like Windows doesn't even support it any more and they still didn't understand. The PlayBook is like a million years old, it's done move on.

Posted via CB10
    pgg101 likes this.
    10-05-14 02:06 PM
    wait...you think they actually care to keep the PB owners happy? That shipped sailed over 1.5 years ago
    Slight correction Howarmat... The ship sailed as soon as the BlackBerry PlayBook was available on 19 April 2011. That is 3.5 years ago.
    10-05-14 02:55 PM
    I tried to install the apk on my z30 to use blend with the passport but it wouldn't install

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 05:16 PM
    You sound like a customer of mine. I do software training for a CAD package and the customer was all bent out if shape because we don't support windows XP and I'm like Windows doesn't even support it any more and they still didn't understand. The PlayBook is like a million years old, it's done move on.

Posted via CB10
    I miss XP. Haven't really liked a Windows version since (well, I didn't hate Vista, though I think I'm the only one).

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 09:53 PM
    the real joke is the Playbook itself. what a hunk of junk. buy a real tablet. or just a passport.

Posted via CB10
    jvinp likes this.
    10-05-14 09:59 PM
    The PlayBook is a joke. Move on.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 10:00 PM
    You're joking, right? BlackBerry announced a long time ago they were not going to support PlayBook anymore.

Posted via CB 10 from my Z30
    10-05-14 10:31 PM
    I personally think that PlayBook owners around the globe should continue to complain and do so very loudly. I personally own 3 play books, and ipad2 and I just placed a Google nexus 7 on lay-away because I could not pass up a good price. Mist PlayBook users purchased their devices in the early stages at astronomical prices with a promise of cutting edge features and state of the art capabilities. Now we all know that this has been met with some of the biggest lies I have ever heard of coming from a corporate entity. Owners have a right to be mad, a right to demand better, a right to demand accountability and something to right the wrong that has been done. So, for those of you who keep shouting, let it go! It's dead and so on, you need to be wondering why Blackberry has produced such a bad taste in the mouths of consumers around the globe and the debacle surrounding PlayBook support is a huge one that will never go away!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 10:37 PM
    A so BlackBerry is supposed to support the PlayBook until the end of time?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 10:40 PM
    The bottom line is that Blackberry dropped the ball big time in regards to the Playbook. It's already gone down as one of the biggest consumer tech product debacles of all time, likely next to products like the HD DVD player and original Windows tablet computers. Blackberry is an enterprise-focused and as such consumers expect an extended period of support. The fact that they still sell Blackberry Bolds makes that clear. They're still selling phones that came out before the Playbook did four years ago! That says a lot. Most of the people who are Blackberry Playbook owners are also owners of BlackBerry 10 devices. We're talking about the BlackBerry loyalists and the company by not offering us something for their failure is the equivalent of abusing your spouse because obviously if he/she is still with you, what incentive would you ever have to treat them right? The company needs to maintain its small consumer base if it ever really intends to make a "comeback." The Passport is nice and new... sure, but it's a niche gamble. They've gotten press over it, but it's already old news. All that said the fact is that it would be appropriate for BlackBerry to throw Playbook users a bone, especially now that the company has gained traction. The positive publicity alone would make it worth it and heck it could be anything. They could release developer builds of BB 10 for Playbook under a sort of enthusiast consumer program. This is unlikely though. They would offer a single update to the Playbook that in some way allowed it to interface with BB10 devices in an advanced way (for instance screen mirroring). This is unlikely, but not as unlikely as the first option. Finally, but not definitely, they could offer large discounts to Playbook owners on BB10 devices. Knock a hundred bucks off the Passport or more for Playbook owners. It will help to heal old wounds and get more of these devices in the wild. To end, I think that Playbook users want to feel like they didn't dive head first off a cliff.

Posted via CB10
    AWB70 likes this.
    10-06-14 02:23 AM
    Interesting points about the bold. I still have a few legacy devices on the go and note that they still get updates from BlackBerry for the likes of twitter and Facebook. The Facebook client on the PlayBook was flawed well, well before the eol and the entire melt down so could nothing have been done earlier.
    My 9800 is probably going on four years old and still gets the odd updates so the argument that they can't put money into something that doesn't make money is Bollocks imo.
    The playbook is the massive elephant with clogs on wrapped in tinsel in the room. Someone somewhere has made a policy to not help, support or acknowledge the device in any way for reasons only known to themselves. It's a decent little tablet I still use today. Thus far I haven't found a good reason to buy any other tablet because it does what I want albeit with a bit of persuasion on my part.
    The dropping of blend is just yet another way of blackberry trying to put another shovel of dirt on the grave and hope it will go away.
    Can anyone honestly say if Microsoft brought out a version of office that didn't work on old ms tablets but worked on an ipad no one would be shocked?

For the people with q10 and double typing issues, how would you feel if Blackberry decided instead of looking for a fix to drop the q10, pretend it never existed and advise you to buy a passport? Because that's the way that's heading! It's about principle at this point, BlackBerry shouldn't be allowed to bring out a device, promise the world then pretend it never happened.

They need reminded that when they make these bad decisions that the end result is someone has had their pockets emptied and didn't end up with what they bought. "Throwing a bone " softens the blow, ignoring people breeds contempt.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 03:51 AM
140 ... 23456