Wasn't there a claim that BBRY would like to be more of a software company. What better place to start than with some updated software for the PB. In all actuality it seems to be one of the best device created in their portfolio. Its only a flop due to the lack of support on BBRY behalf.
    CLAIM is the right word....

BBOS (combined with the STORM.... ), Device Manager, BB10, LINK..... these are not products that will help your resume as a Software Company.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-02-14 02:03 PM
    PlayBook is End of life.
    BlackBerry is not going to spend any resources on anything unless it has a future value and PB has not.

Posted via CB10
    Does Blend sync with BBOS? I know they are still puching these units, but really it is going nowhere for development either.
    09-02-14 02:46 PM
    Blend sounds like Bridge for everything else
    This is what the Bridge should ahve been in the first place. Ever try to move files from the phone to the PB? or visa versa? It just moves messages.
    09-02-14 02:49 PM
    Wasn't there a claim that BBRY would like to be more of a software company. What better place to start than with some updated software for the PB. In all actuality it seems to be one of the best device created in their portfolio. Its only a flop due to the lack of support on BBRY behalf.
    Actually, there's probably some in-house programmer at BB who would love to get their hands dirty coding for the darn thing. If only RIM, ahem, BB, let them loose!
    09-02-14 03:10 PM
    CLAIM is the right word....

BBOS (combined with the STORM.... ), Device Manager, BB10, LINK..... these are not products that will help your resume as a Software Company.
    oh, come on, come up with another 10 BB/RIM software failures, I dare you! (please, folks, I was attempting humor, here)
    09-02-14 03:12 PM
    This is what the Bridge should ahve been in the first place. Ever try to move files from the phone to the PB? or visa versa? It just moves messages.
    And Bridge was more until they almost thoroughly CRIPPLED it and took away access to Email (on the device, not duplicated), Contacts, Memos, Calendar, etc.

Yes, I admit it, when given the opportunity I can get quite bitter about how BB treated Playbook purchasers and the PB.
    09-02-14 03:14 PM
    wow somebodies started a thread with the words playbook, support and joke all in the same sentence..............and it wasn't me

what are the odds?
    kbz1960, FF22, DrBoomBotz and 1 others like this.
    09-02-14 03:40 PM
    Nothing changes round here eh. The old forget about it, let it die. Blackberry is too busy trying to survive to keep their loyal customers happy, someone had to take one for the team, might as well be the Playbook owners. and so on and so forth.......

Meanwhile, I haven't been keeping up with the goings on but the last time I looked into what was happening the big buzz was that blend was going to work on "anything" with a html5 enabled browser which should cover everything. I take it that's not the case now What was exciting was this seemed like an innovative idea from BB and a step in the right direction regardless of if there was a playbook app. It eliminated link which is pants at best and made blend available to everyone.

Ahh well, looks like I'll have to wait for the next big buzz from BB which probably won't turn out to be the case. I'm only mildly curious about the passport and Classic looks like a step back. I'm only sticking with my Z10 because I can't be bothered learning a different OS
    FF22 likes this.
    09-02-14 03:41 PM
    Nothing changes round here eh. The old forget about it, let it die. Blackberry is too busy trying to survive to keep their loyal customers happy, someone had to take one for the team, might as well be the Playbook owners. and so on and so forth.......

Meanwhile, I haven't been keeping up with the goings on but the last time I looked into what was happening the big buzz was that blend was going to work on "anything" with a html5 enabled browser which should cover everything. I take it that's not the case now What was exciting was this seemed like an innovative idea from BB and a step in the right direction regardless of if there was a playbook app. It eliminated link which is pants at best and made blend available to everyone.

Ahh well, looks like I'll have to wait for the next big buzz from BB which probably won't turn out to be the case. I'm only mildly curious about the passport and Classic looks like a step back. I'm only sticking with my Z10 because I can't be bothered learning a different OS
    Blend doesn't eliminate link.
    09-02-14 03:51 PM
    The problem blackberry have is that they still think they can revive their hardware business. The passport might be innovative but its looks definitely divide people and consequently, just based on that fact alone, it will only ever be a marginal success. The phones haven't taken off as they'd have hoped. Blend actually sounding quite interesting and the lack of playbook support (which has a decent html5 browser) is quite indicative of how Blackberry operate. Good ideas, rubbish execution. Recent example is the amazon apps thing - it sounds great, but watch how it'll just have bug after bug after bug.

They could still revive themselves and I was interested in getting a blackberry phone but you can't even test the damn things in the shops. Microsoft managed to gain enough interest that you can very easily walk into a mobile phone shop and test the windows phone platform. This is next to impossible for blackberry. Even Motorola revived themselves with the Moto G. What do blackberry do? Alienate their loyal customers (playbook owners) and then decide to ignore the budget smartphone area and tablet areas which is where all the money is.

So to put it bluntly, am I frustrated that blend isn't supporting the PB? Yes. Do I give a ****? No. Why you may ask? As stated in an earlier post, I didn't believe for a second that blackberry could follow through with one of their decent ideas.
    Cynycl, FF22 and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    09-02-14 04:38 PM
    Looked to me the last time I was reading up on it that blend looked like a combination of link and bridge accessed via the Web browser no?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 04:40 PM
    Looked to me the last time I was reading up on it that blend looked like a combination of link and bridge accessed via the Web browser no?

Posted via CB10
    Guess I'm behind. Was just reading the update article on it and it is replacing link.
    09-02-14 05:03 PM
    Guess I'm behind. Was just reading the update article on it and it is replacing link.
    I hope they plan on adding windows tablets to the list. Should work though?
    09-02-14 05:04 PM
    Blend doesn't eliminate link.
    No, Link implodes without anybody or thing eliminating it!
    09-02-14 05:31 PM
    I was going to say. Blend gives every other platform what we playbook owners already had, no? Sure, Blend is prettier, but the basic functionality is the same. (hides under rock)
    This weekend a Verizon rep was excitedly telling me that Microsoft "has made it so that you can see your phone on your tablet." Mirroring I said? I was doing that on my BBs years ago. His eyes got big. That said, Blend on my PBs would be grand (as long as I don't lose the track pad and slide advance in Bridge).
    09-02-14 05:44 PM
    PlayBook dead? End of life? Not mine, use it daily because it ****s all over my ipad air (apart from screen size)and I will keep using it until she refuses to power up at all. And it is still listed as a current device on BlackBerry Australia website too, so yeah they should still support it. I agree BlackBerry should asign a programmer, hell even for training purposes, to update Android runtime, bridge and maybe even the browser. What about giving us BBM at least?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-05-14 01:03 AM
    Blackberry's only Tablet as shown in the official BlackBerry website worldwide....SHOULD be supported with Blend. Why are BlackBerry advertising ios and Android Tablets! keep the consumers you have BlackBerry and start doing that by putting Blend on the PlayBook!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    MLDodier likes this.
    09-05-14 03:43 AM
    I am waiting to see how all this will go. I still believe the PB will be supported. Not giving up.....

From BlackBerry 8700/PlayBook/Z10..

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 04:18 AM
    From what I have read, I understand that Blend has been seen running on a PlayBook so surely it would be easy for BlackBerry to support it?
    09-05-14 05:14 AM
    From what I have read, I understand that Blend has been seen running on a PlayBook so surely it would be easy for BlackBerry to support it?
    Even though the leak documentation does not mention the PlayBook, I will still be SHOCKED if this does not appear on the PlayBook, even before other Tablets. As to not include the BLACKBERRY PlayBook would be MADNESS as it is still the only BB Tablet as featured on BB's Website Worldwide. It would be a real snub to the BlackBerry consumer and a message to go out and purchase ios or Android devices!!
    09-05-14 09:47 AM
    lol ok believe what you want...
    09-05-14 10:24 AM
    Bridge still works very good for me.
    What features do you miss that Blend would offer? A unified UI for all features? Calendar, contacts and email access like in the old Bridge version? BBM groups and channels?
    Anything else?
    09-05-14 10:35 AM
    Indignation over what and will not work on a Playbook is getting old. Why not start a thread about XP users also are getting screwed over regarding Blend
    09-05-14 11:02 AM
    lol ok believe what you want...
    Thanks for the permission!
    09-05-14 11:33 AM
    Does anyone believe that Apple or Google would put a new product on say a new BlackBerry 10 Tablet before their own brand Tablets ...no they wouldn't...why that would MADNESS!!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    09-05-14 11:53 AM
140 12345 ...