The Playbook is not based on the BB10 platform. Blend is made for BB10 that's why anything starting with ver 10.3.x and higher will work with blend and that starts with the Passport.
    09-01-14 09:49 PM
    Dude, Let it go. When will these playbook threads end? People will still be talking about the playbook not receiving support in 2016
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-01-14 10:08 PM
    It also cannot run as an Android client because it only has the Gingerbread runtime instead of the stated 4.4 minimum version of Android requirement.
    09-01-14 11:24 PM
    The Mighty Thor said Tablets is a dying breed and John the Baptist believed him! and i continue to say itsthe fastest expanding segment in mobile, waste of opportunity ! produce a BB10 tablet and let us diehard pb owners get a chance at an upgrade! for Heavens sake ! we will not go quietly into the sunset while Blackberry Bold is still being made! Give a pb owner a bone!
    FF22 and coldfir3 like this.
    09-02-14 12:12 AM
    That's a shame, still lots of working devices out there. Seriously, how much extra time would BlackBerry have to spend to get a program that works on so many different platforms, to work on one of their own?

Posted via CB10
    Let it go! It is dead!

Blackberry always.....
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-02-14 02:08 AM
    Hard times for BlackBerry! They need to think about their resources....

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    09-02-14 02:24 AM
    I don't understand the whole "It's dead. Let it go" thing. Why should I? How many devices are still out there barely used cause the software needed work?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 06:29 AM
    And how long has that been going on? Almost since release. It got better a couple times and then left for dead.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-02-14 06:36 AM
    Left for dead but still kicking. Let some kid with nothing better to do work on it for an extra credit or two.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 06:50 AM
    I'm shocked! Absolutely flabbergasted! Actually, not really. This thing is a good piece of physical hardware and I use it nearly daily, BUT support has dropped for it, and don't expect that to change. BB has bigger things to worry about (like staying in business/relevant), so they won't be spending any money on this device.

How bad are things for BB? As an example, my employer (more than 1,000 employees) has historically used BB devices as their only phones. This changed with the company bending to demands and supporting Android and iPhones. We got word earlier this year that OS7 devices are no longer supported, and personal chats with the IT department has revealed plans to end BB support altogether. Not necessarily something that's happening everywhere, but it's been a trend for a while. I don't see Passport being as big a hit as the company is expecting, and there will be a percentage of people who will prefer a BB phone, but the company has a big uphill battle ahead, so there will be casualties along the way (Playbook).
    09-02-14 06:59 AM
    That's a shame, still lots of working devices out there. Seriously, how much extra time would BlackBerry have to spend to get a program that works on so many different platforms, to work on one of their own?
    Please refer to the "What I don't understand with developers..." thread to get your answer. The gist is that if you were a developer, you would have it covered. Actual developers? Not so much.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=953867
    09-02-14 07:17 AM
    The Mighty Thor said Tablets is a dying breed and John the Baptist believed him! and i continue to say itsthe fastest expanding segment in mobile, waste of opportunity ! produce a BB10 tablet and let us diehard pb owners get a chance at an upgrade! for Heavens sake ! we will not go quietly into the sunset while Blackberry Bold is still being made! Give a pb owner a bone!
    Do you have an evidence to support your claim?
    09-02-14 07:23 AM
    No! Just no! The whole handling the PlayBook issue has been a disaster unlike the poor marketing skills they are good at. It's another level of Smh. It's a huge scab on BlackBerry forehead that cannot be ignore. This playbook forum still active is it not? The fact that many of you could not resist to tell those who cares to shut up. If you do not really care why not leave it alone and let the thread dies. Eventually this forum will disappear no? I'm not sure what BlackBerry ought to do to assuage those that still hurt about being jilted. I know so far they did diddly squat. Totally ignoring them as a negligible group of has been customers. It would be painful and short had Thor just made an open announcement back in 2012 that this is it. PlayBook is the beta of OS10 and no longer be supported after the launch of BB10. Instead, a long drag out of possible upgrade for months stringing along hopeful customers who rely out snippet of tweeter news, rumours, unconfirmed news all over the place. That's PR disaster in the making which is what we got today. Even the most shameful government would pretend to be sorry and make attempt apologies for past action just to let the issues be over with. I like to think that at least the new administration has a better handle in its PR department. For those of you who tell us to shut up, should BlackBerry offer $200 coupon towards a future BlackBerry devices would you want one?

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-02-14 08:02 AM
    ....For those of you who tell us to shut up, should BlackBerry offer $200 coupon towards a future BlackBerry devices would you want one?

Posted via CB10
    It would be nice if they did, but don't expect it. Q 10 user experiencing double typing and keyboard issues after months with the new device, also know that what it feels like to be ignored by BlackBerry.

Blackberry always.....
    09-02-14 09:00 AM
    Oh noes!

No PlayBook support for Blend..is this some sort of joke?-oh-noes-l.jpg!
    09-02-14 09:08 AM
    The Playbook is not based on the BB10 platform. Blend is made for BB10 that's why anything starting with ver 10.3.x and higher will work with blend and that starts with the Passport.
    No, folks don't want the BLEND app (or whatever it is) on the Playbook. Blend will be on other TABS or computers that also do not have bb10. These other devices will have ACCESS to blend via some web interface or other.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-02-14 09:51 AM
    I reallt think we all should take a step back and wait.

Blend is supposed to be used via the browser, isn't that so? Let's wait and see if the PB, with one of the many browsers that send Android and iPad IDs instead of the PB's own, will get this to work.

And if it doesn't... Well, at least we still have Bridge (ducks and waits fro F2 to complain about crippled Bridge).
    09-02-14 09:59 AM
    Blend sounds like Bridge for everything else
    09-02-14 10:03 AM
    It would be nice if they did, but don't expect it. Q 10 user experiencing double typing and keyboard issues after months with the new device, also know that what it feels like to be ignored by BlackBerry.

Blackberry always.....
    I'm not saying they will. If they do, you want to see how quick these people who tell us to let it go will be screaming the loudest about injustice and clamoring for that $200 coupon?
    09-02-14 10:14 AM
    Well, at least we still have Bridge.
    I was going to say. Blend gives every other platform what we playbook owners already had, no? Sure, Blend is prettier, but the basic functionality is the same. (hides under rock)
    09-02-14 10:25 AM
    Yes, a three-year old joke.
    09-02-14 12:10 PM
    Blackberry's little b****** that they locked up in a padded cell in a castle and forgot about.

Any kind of future support is useless as this poor little b*gger died earlier this year from lack of food and sustenance by its parent.

BlackBerry should be prosecuted for child abuse, or in this case PlayBook abuse!

; )

Z10.......er......BlackDroid in action!
    FF22 and WorldwideRemix like this.
    09-02-14 12:36 PM
    I don't understand the whole "It's dead. Let it go" thing. Why should I? How many devices are still out there barely used cause the software needed work?

Posted via CB10
    It's ok for everyone to use their PBs but complaining about how an almost 4 year old(and no longer supported) tablet is not getting any of the new features is dumb.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and wincyUt like this.
    09-02-14 12:45 PM
    Wasn't there a claim that BBRY would like to be more of a software company. What better place to start than with some updated software for the PB. In all actuality it seems to be one of the best device created in their portfolio. Its only a flop due to the lack of support on BBRY behalf.
    09-02-14 01:25 PM
    Wasn't there a claim that BBRY would like to be more of a software company. What better place to start than with some updated software for the PB. In all actuality it seems to be one of the best device created in their portfolio. Its only a flop due to the lack of support on BBRY behalf.
    That's not what a software company does. It's all about providing services managed by software, not trying to prop up outdated hardware that's no longer made.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-02-14 01:58 PM
140 1234 ...