The PlayBook has been left to rot people paid like $600 for it and it's on OS 2.1.0.73 why don't they make an OS3 if there's gonna be no BB10 people spent their cash on a tablet which was made out as BlackBerry's saviour.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10, Q10 or Z30
    02-09-14 06:56 AM
    I think you mean no one at BlackBerry loves the playbook. The rest of us love it but are left without any improvements. It's too bad. I have moved on to an ipad.
    02-09-14 07:00 AM
    Gave up on my playbook, mainly cause BlackBerry did

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.1925
    02-09-14 07:40 AM
    I have to use an iPad when I'm not an Apple fan very painful

anon(4067838) and milo53 like this.
    02-09-14 07:48 AM
    I use my PlayBook almost every day and it's a great tablet and does what I want it to do. It hooks up to my Q10 and gives a perfect pair. PLUS the price I got my 3 PB's for about $500.00 (1-64 gig, 2-16 gig)
    02-09-14 08:11 AM
    I use my PlayBook almost every day and it's a great tablet and does what I want it to do. It hooks up to my Q10 and gives a perfect pair. PLUS the price I got my 3 PB's for about $500.00 (1-64 gig, 2-16 gig)
    I am in the same ball park. Have mine bridged to my Q10 and couldn't be happier.
    EchuOkan1, Mecca EL and rdm101 like this.
    02-09-14 08:15 AM
    The PlayBook has been left to rot people paid like $600 for it and it's on OS 2.1.0.73 why don't they make an OS3 if there's gonna be no BB10 people spent their cash on a tablet which was made out as BlackBerry's saviour.

Mines not rotting, didn't pay anywhere near 600$ and that's for the 3 that I have.
    The OS you state is clearly a typo, what you mean is 2.1.0.1753.
    The reasons I have and use my PB haven't changed.
    I do the same leisurely business and entertainment activities I did from day one and more.
    I always ask those who post threads like this 'what drastic change has occurred that made your PB all of a sudden unusable'.
    The PB still allows me to not lug about a laptop, it allows me to stay connected to work when I'm out showing properties. It allows me to show clients photos/ recordings of properties that I've taken WITH the PB.
    And yes I allows me to goof off sometimes and leave work early because what I can do at work I can get done on the PB no matter where I am.

I have tons of photos and movies on them, I record all my kids swim meets and violin activities.
    And I even have one dedicated as a beside clock running BedBuzz that shows the date time and current weather.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 08:36 AM
    We use PlayBooks as an excellent media center remote controlled from the phones, ebook readers and great surfing.

The one iPad we have is more or less put to rot, - ever after the OS updates it randomly closes apps, reboots - a totally unreliable pad. Apple has been contacted several times, but they have so far not been of ANY help to get the iPad2 functional again.

About lack of updates to PlayBook.. we got the playbooks for what they could do when we purchased them, not for what they might do in the future,... I don't feel being let down by BlackBerry on this, and we are all very happy with the PlayBooks. The battery even still holds a good charge, and recharge quick... and gives smooth flawless video/audio streaming from our home server, as a research tool it also works great, being able to look at so many more websites than the iPad, - not to forget- the PlayBook don't reboot on us, ever!
    koves, Mecca EL, mkelley65 and 2 others like this.
    02-09-14 09:09 AM
    Desktop browsing experience and hdmi out while traveling. Try that with an iPad...
    Mecca EL, SEAWARRIOR and rdm101 like this.
    02-09-14 09:25 AM
    I has 8 playbooks and they all still work perfectly! I also own one of the first Ford GT40s which still works perfectly. Now I could go out and buy the BRAND NEW Ford GT40 but why?

Old one, gets me from A to B.
    New one, gets me from A to B.

"If it ain't broken, don't fix it"
    02-09-14 09:58 AM
    Actually you can get an PlayBook for 80-99?. Depends on used ones or new ones. Great tablet.

Posted via CB10
    bambinoitaliano and Mecca EL like this.
    02-09-14 10:09 AM
    It certainly feels unloved eh. I have mine filled with music and just wire it into my stereo... thats all the use it gets out of me these days
    02-09-14 10:42 AM
    Specially if you are in Canada, go pay $400 for a Kindle Fire HD, then tell me how much you love your Playbook. In Canada, the Kindle more or less has to stand on its own without the Amazon app infrastructure. The Playbook, even at 2 years old, is a vastly superior user experience. I still have lots of issues with the Playbook, but getting a Kindle for my daughter has made me appreciate my Playbook more than ever before.
    02-09-14 11:03 AM
    I have to use an iPad when I'm not an Apple fan very painful

I do think the nexus out plays the ipad. For simple things like miracast. The ipad to be seems pointless it's, in-between a phone and a laptop and it doesn't have the capability to do as much as my phone can. At least with the nexus I can store all my movies on it, TV channels and stream.
    But then again I don't get the point of a tablet other then media and games..

Posted via CB10
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    02-09-14 11:12 AM
    I am in the same ball park. Have mine bridged to my Q10 and couldn't be happier.
    Same here. I have it with my Z10 though. If it ever gave up on me for whatever reason I would be forced to buy another tablet and the first choice would be a PB.

Posted via CB10
    bambinoitaliano and Mecca EL like this.
    02-09-14 11:23 AM
    still using but not that often anymore mainly because I using the Z30 .

Still don;t understand there is no new browser or android runtime and keyboard like on the blackberry OS 10.

I don't expected BB10 OS but at least tune up the **** for the last time and show off that you supported Blackberry users well.

I have 3 playbooks and my daughter wanted a samsung tablet and samsung smartphone but if android runtime will come and better browser for the playbook then it will be great. She is using now a bold 9790 and it's messed up a little bit
    Last edited by whatsever; 02-09-14 at 11:50 AM.
    02-09-14 11:27 AM
    I love my Z10 so much, it makes me want to get a Playbook. Would I regret it? Reading your comments above, it seems the answer is no.

Edit: Wait a minute, could I still even buy one today if I wanted to?? And which carrier offers it (I'm north of the border)?

Edit2: I think I might pick one up from Amazon.
    Last edited by SomeoneOrOther; 02-09-14 at 11:49 AM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-09-14 11:34 AM
    I love my Z10 so much, it makes me want to get a Playbook. Would I regret it? Reading your comments above, it seems the answer is no.

Edit: Wait a minute, could I still even buy one today if I wanted to?? And which carrier offers it (I'm north of the border)?
    I'm not sure any carrier offer playbook anymore. You have to go through amazon.com or Ebay to get them.
    Think of Playbook as BB10.0. rather than the latest 10.2. For the price it's still a pretty good bargain if you can find one.
    With the 10.2.1 on the BB10, I think BB should reconsider launching Playbook 10. 2 or 10.3....The app gaps essentially disappear on the latest software release on the BB10 devices.
    02-09-14 11:47 AM
    Amazon has a 64gig model for about $200. My order's going in today.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    02-09-14 11:50 AM
    For the price I paid for my PlayBook 16GB, I could have bought a pretty nice Windows 8 tablet from Dell. If only I knew the PlayBook would be abandoned so quickly and what was in store for Windows tablets.

I don't use a tablet now.
    02-09-14 11:52 AM
    I would love for BB to give one last update... and updated and unlocked Android runtime that can run all the same apps that BB10 can. I don't care about the hub, or peek and flow, or even an updated browser. Just give us an updated android runtime and I'll be happy.
    02-09-14 12:01 PM
    Purchased my PB wow almost 3yrs ago day of release for yes tax included over $600 and to this day it is worth every dollar I paid for it. Sadly it has been dropped by blackberry but I will continue to use until it no longer will function. I purchased a Samsung tab with data and for access to a couple apps I needed but still usually end up using the PB more than the other.

Posted Via CB10 Using my Great Z30, PB or Q10
    mkiiw, rdm101 and anon(1852343) like this.
    02-09-14 12:04 PM
    still using but not that often anymore mainly because I using the Z30 .

Still don;t understand there is no new browser or android runtime and keyboard like on the blackberry OS 10.

I don't expected BB10 OS but at least tune up the **** for the last time and show off that you supported Blackberry users well.

I have 3 playbooks and my daughter wanted a samsung tablet and samsung smartphone but if android runtime will come and better browser for the playbook then it will be great. She is using now a bold 9790 and it's messed up a little bit
    totally agree... I mean we are not asking them to do something extremely difficult to do.. but there is a few things can be done and show the company still committed to the platform

1) browser - bb10 browser is top notch, it is already there, share the love
    2) Keyboard - exist on bb10, share the love
    3) facebook - exist on bb10, share the love
    4) andriod runtime - give us the unlock one and apk install, and thats it

Even in worse case put it up on appworld, let us download by ourselves... just puzzle, they don't even want to touch the playbook at all...
    02-09-14 12:40 PM
    I too was one of those that bought it in the first couple of months it was out and while I still think it is a good tablet, it's hopelessly out of date and unlikely to see any sort of OS update that will update stuff like Flash and the Android runtime. When I bought my PlayBook, I almost bought an iPad2 since both tablets were the same price (I was already a BlackBerry user and Bridge is what sold on the PlayBook over the iPad2.) and Apple still sells the iPad2 (Only the 16GB version though.) and it supports the current version of iOS. I bought a Nexus 7 on Black Friday and have been quite happy with it and have turned on my PlayBook maybe twice since late November.
    02-09-14 01:11 PM
    For the price I paid for my PlayBook 16GB, I could have bought a pretty nice Windows 8 tablet from Dell. If only I knew the PlayBook would be abandoned so quickly and what was in store for Windows tablets.

I don't use a tablet now.
    Pray do tell, what brings you to the PLAYBOOK Tablet forum then? Oh by the way for what I paid for my GT40 I could have bought a lamborghini, or maybe a ferrari? Just like my pb though, I'm glad I bought my GT40!
    02-09-14 01:21 PM
62 123