Cracklee works very nicely on the PB; watched "The International" last night for about 20 minutes on the PB, and moved it to my laptop for the remainder. With movies like this available for free, why spend money on a subscription service?
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-26-12 07:22 AM
    Here in Thailand it says the service is not available in your region. Anybody know a way around that? TIA.
    02-26-12 08:20 AM
    Here in Thailand it says the service is not available in your region. Anybody know a way around that? TIA.
    Maybe using a proxy? I can watch my comcast xfinity.
    02-26-12 08:36 AM
    Maybe using a proxy? I can watch my comcast xfinity.
    How did you do that?
    02-26-12 12:41 PM
    How did you do that?
    Have never done it but maybe you can figure it out with some info on here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...-proxy-623355/

Edit: or did you mean being able to watch shows on comcast?
    Last edited by kbz1960; 02-26-12 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Add
    kuru_s likes this.
    02-26-12 12:47 PM
    Have never done it but maybe you can figure it out with some info on here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...-proxy-623355/

Edit: or did you mean being able to watch shows on comcast?
    Watch shows on comcast, that would be awesome.
    02-26-12 12:57 PM
    Do you have xfinity? Just make an account and sign in and choose watch now. Not sure if you have to set it up on your computer first or not.

XFINITY by Comcast -- Official Customer Site | Email | Watch TV Online
    02-26-12 01:06 PM
    Yeah, I have an account setup, but most of the stuff doesn't work on my playbook for some reason (unless they have added support).
    02-26-12 01:22 PM
    Yeah, I have an account setup, but most of the stuff doesn't work on my playbook for some reason (unless they have added support).
    Tried the other day. Apparently you need Silverlight.
    02-26-12 01:28 PM
    Not for the tv shows I was watching.
    02-26-12 01:28 PM
    Crackle & YouTube have some good time killers. There are also good network sites that offer full episodes as well. You've just gotta do a little searching around.
    02-26-12 01:54 PM
    Not for the tv shows I was watching.
    For Xfinity?

I was trying to watch Dexter from Comcast's site because ShowtimeAnytime.com is still in closed beta for Comcast subscribers but no go...
    02-26-12 01:56 PM
    Crackle has a category section called "Sexy people dying" why do I find that so hilarious?

Btw, there's also a free app called Snag Films that has a bunch of random old, indie movies and some history/documentary stuff. I tried it last night, works well, but the selection is a little meh. Some people might really like it though!
    mud314 and Willard814 like this.
    02-26-12 02:02 PM
    Xfinity has some shows using Hulu, and those won't work. Anything that requires Silverlight won't work. So it's hit or miss. It appears CBS doesn't suck so those shows will work. Xfinity pretty much just culls multiple sources together for its content. I wish all content would work, as long as I'm authenticated with my Comcast ID it should just work.
    02-26-12 02:04 PM
    I like crackle for the sit coms and some of their own shows like jail bait, funny as you know what but cannot say it on this ultra censored site.
    02-27-12 08:19 AM
    Do you have xfinity? Just make an account and sign in and choose watch now. Not sure if you have to set it up on your computer first or not.

XFINITY by Comcast -- Official Customer Site | Email | Watch TV Online
    Xfinity is just as hit or miss as Amazon Prime. Probably more so, even.

Crackle sucks.

RIM sucks for not doing whatever it takes to get Netflix.

I will add that PlayOn works fine in and out of the home for getting Netflix, Hulu, Amazon VOD, etc. Even movies you've put on your PC. Oh, yeah, and even Crackle, if you have no standards whatsoever.
    02-27-12 08:28 AM
    But it's free, it works, and sucks campared to what? Is there another free streaming site that I can use that won't have the FBI knocking on my door?
    Unless YOUR the guy making and laundering money off the site you have really nothing to worry about streaming off sites dude.. Your not even storing the media on your hard drive long enough for the FBI to come knocking at your door (correct me if I'm wrong)<--- and then delete this post lol

Eh... I removed the link to the site I use until I review the CB rules.
    Last edited by Alt-F4; 02-27-12 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Lack of sleep
    02-27-12 02:24 PM
    I seen better free sites that had all the movies I wanted to watch
    02-27-12 02:49 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD