Crackle plays in the browser and it's free.

Enjoy.
    02-25-12 05:40 PM
    so... because netflix has 'bad selection' we should use a site with worse selection?
    02-25-12 05:48 PM
    so... because netflix has 'bad selection' we should use a site with worse selection?
    It does indeed have a worst selection but it's free and it works. Just offering an alternative. As for Netflix having a bad selection I have to ask. Compared to what?
    mud314 likes this.
    02-25-12 05:50 PM
    It does indeed have a worst selection but it's free and it works. Just offering an alternative. As for Netflix having a bad selection I have to ask. Compared to what?
    Im not sure, im not arguing that it DOES have a bad selection. I think that the selection is perfect for the price.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    02-25-12 05:54 PM
    Crackle is great I just watched The Professional on the PB and it looked good.
    Once Crackle starts getting bigger they will be a serious competition.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-25-12 06:05 PM
    Crackle was available day 1 on the Playbook. It still sux
    02-25-12 06:07 PM
    Crackle was available day 1 on the Playbook. It still sux
    But it's free, it works, and sucks campared to what? Is there another free streaming site that I can use that won't have the FBI knocking on my door?
    02-25-12 06:09 PM
    Crackle sucks. I tried it on my Android. Limited selection of bad movies. They don't update catalog often. Website is a nightmare to load and navigate.
    02-25-12 06:10 PM
    Crackle sucks. I tried it on my Android.
    Why? I mean I know thier selection is limited. But damn it's free? Is there something better that I don't know about?

Anyway, I'm an old head. I like watching old epidsodes of Bewitched and I Dream of Genie.
    02-25-12 06:12 PM
    Im giving it a try currently watching "Stripes"
    Willard814 and mud314 like this.
    02-25-12 06:13 PM
    It's better than nothing I guess. I'd rather Netflix or Amazon Instant. Right now I'm just loading my DVD's onto my PlayBook.

I used Crackle for a few months on the Thunderbolt just to test it. I was really disappointed. The only pro is it's free! I found it laggy as well.

So yeah it is free. But I can't find much to watch so what's the point?
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-25-12 at 06:37 PM.
    02-25-12 06:16 PM
    I know this isn't free, but don't forget you can stream amazon prime video too..
    02-25-12 06:17 PM
    Just watched back to back epidsodes of Sinfield. Played smooth as silk. But then I have outstand broadband and wireless network in my home.
    02-25-12 06:19 PM
    For free and on the go I think its great.
    If you have to pay then it would suck lol.
    It's great for me maybe more since I can't get enough
    of Married With Children lol I can watch all day.
    02-25-12 06:19 PM
    Depends on what floats your boat. I personally love history documentaries and there's a ton of those full length on YouTube
    keith1000 likes this.
    02-25-12 06:26 PM
    If its streaming through the browser you are after then there are other sites as well. Hulu doesn't work but going directly to the website of CBS works. I was able to watch several shows last night with no problems. Have not tried other networks but I assume they would work just as well. I actually just canceled my netflix account due to limited titles. There hasn't really been any new titles for awhile and they are losing their contract with one of the major movie companies so that just makes things worse.
    Last edited by RamQuad4x4; 02-25-12 at 06:41 PM.
    02-25-12 06:37 PM
    If its streaming through the browser you are after then there are other sites as well. Hulu doesn't work but going directly to the website of CBS works. I was able to watch several shows last night with no problems. Have not tried other networks but I assume they would work just as well.
    This brings another point.
    People think Netflix is everything. If you search real good you can find a lot of
    good free shows online. for instance
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/
    Dapper37, Willard814 and Foppa_21 like this.
    02-25-12 06:39 PM
    I know this isn't free, but don't forget you can stream amazon prime video too..
    Did you miss the posts recently about Amazon Instant Video being incompatible and Amazon not supporting the Playbook? It works for some selections but is blocked for movies....
    02-25-12 06:43 PM
    I just browsed quickly for a minute and for the most part crackle has the exact same movies you can get at YouTube.com/movies. Nothing more nothing less and they are both free. They do offer a few good movies, but after you're done watching all 6 of them you're pretty much sol, compared to the 17 movies and tv shows on netflix.
    02-25-12 06:50 PM
    Crackle plays in the browser and it's free.

Enjoy.
    I have not looked into crackle yet, but will definately will check it out. Most of all just wanted to thank you for taking the time to share the information.
    Thanks Again
    02-25-12 09:07 PM
    This is some bs. Really!?!?
    02-25-12 11:42 PM
    Crackle is aight if you like B movies. I do agree Netflix is overrated.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-25-12 11:47 PM
    Try veetle.com
    02-26-12 12:10 AM
    Crackle sucks. I tried it on my Android. Limited selection of bad movies. They don't update catalog often. Website is a nightmare to load and navigate.
    Have you tried to load it on your Playbook?
    02-26-12 07:11 AM
    I don't care what anyone says the picture quality on Crackle is phenomenal! The video playback is smooth as silk... you really can't knock this site. They are on to something!
    02-26-12 07:19 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD