hey guys, is it just my pb that doesn't need to be swiped from bezel to bezel to be activated from standby?

i can just do a single swipe from bezel to screen in order to wake it up- it's kinda annoying because sometimes i find it turning on when i'm just holding the thing.

any ideas how to revert it back? :s

also i read in the manual we can use a bottom to left bezel swipe to go back in an application (i tried using the example they gave) but mine doesn't work

thanks!
    Last edited by alistairtang; 02-26-12 at 08:35 AM.
    02-26-12 08:32 AM
    I noticed that as well except I don't even need to swipe, if I just touch my screen it awakens from standby mode.
    02-26-12 08:37 AM
    Should do that when plugged in.
    Still will have to swipe if not with power plug
    JeffyPooh likes this.
    02-26-12 08:40 AM
    I noticed that as well except I don't even need to swipe, if I just touch my screen it awakens from standby mode.
    ohhh i just noticed mine does that too D:
    02-26-12 08:40 AM
    I just tried mine and I had to swipe it would not awaken by just touching the screen.
    02-26-12 08:43 AM
    hey guys, is it just my pb that doesn't need to be swiped from bezel to bezel to be activated from standby?

i can just do a single swipe from bezel to screen in order to wake it up- it's kinda annoying because sometimes i find it turning on when i'm just holding the thing.
    You have two options: 1. stop holding the tablet, and 2. cut off your hands.

Seriously, you are annoying with such pathetic nit picking. Yeah I will probably get banned for this posting but I am tired of such stupid complaints. If the tablet took 2 seconds to wake-up you would likely be complaining too.
    02-26-12 08:43 AM
    Mine doesn't need a full bezel-to-bezel swipe either. It doesn't turn on just by touch but I don't have to go bezel to bezel.
    02-26-12 08:44 AM
    It's bezel to bezel swipe for me to activate my screen. For a longer period of time.
    When i just swiped to activate my screen, leave it down for some time and i can touch,
    the screen to activate my screen right away.
    02-26-12 08:45 AM

Seriously, you are annoying with such pathetic nit picking. Yeah I will probably get banned for this posting but I am tired of such stupid complaints. If the tablet took 2 seconds to wake-up you would likely be complaining too.
    lmao sorry for offending you so badly, and thanks for taking the time to reply with your just as annoying statement

but it wasn't a complaint i just wanted to know if others are affected and it's not just my pb with a problem
    02-26-12 08:48 AM
    I don't have to go bezel to bezel but I have to swipe over half way...

Haven't tried it when it was off a while.

Not really a problem as long as it's not just me...
    02-26-12 08:58 AM
    lmao sorry for offending you so badly, and thanks for taking the time to reply with your just as annoying statement
    You are most welcome. There do seem to be slight differences in experiences regarding swiping from bezel to bezel, from bezel only partway up the screen, and just tapping the screen to wake-up the tablet. The lack of consistent user experience might be by design or point to a flaw in the gesturing system. Anyway, I promise to stop being annoying.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    02-26-12 09:06 AM
    I noticed it was awake in my pocket the other day. I simply thought I had forgotten to put it in standby---although this never happened before under 1.0.

Now, after playing with it a bit, I've gotten some unexpected inconsistent behavior---which may indeed suggest that a single tap wakes it up under certain circumstances, even while unplugged.

(I have a feeling that the various partial swipes reported here are just extended cases of the single tap.)

I'll keep an eye on it and report back to this thread if I find anything.
    Last edited by dugggggg; 02-26-12 at 10:07 AM.
    02-26-12 09:19 AM
    Is there really a problem with asking a question to find out if our PB is having a problem I thought that's what a forum was for I have learned alot from what others seem. To be bothered by. We need help each other
    02-26-12 09:21 AM
    I just tried tapping or single bezel slides and they do not wake my PB out of standby mode. It must be your settings people.
    Last edited by BerrySquinty; 02-26-12 at 10:36 AM.
    02-26-12 10:33 AM

Your kidding right LOL
    02-26-12 11:17 AM
    Here when unplugged in Standby:
    Vertically
    top to 3/4 down swipe
    bottom to 3/4 up swipe
    Horizontally
    left to 3/4 right swipe
    right to 3/4 left swipe
    all seem to wake it up.

Tapped the stuffing out of it, and couldn't wake it from standby.
    02-26-12 11:38 AM
    Should do that when plugged in.
    Still will have to swipe if not with power plug
    This is correct. If it's plugged in you just tap the screen to wake it up. If it isn't plugged in you need to do bezel to bezel swipe. I would think they assume if it's plugged in you aren't worrying about waking it up by accident as it is not mobile.
    02-26-12 11:40 AM
    if it's plugged in you can just tap the screen. won;t work if it's not charging
    02-26-12 11:49 AM
    I tried mine with all three possibilities: by letting it timed out, using the battery gauge, the button. In all cases, it required a full bezel to bezel swipe to turn back on.

I remember back last May or June, one of the updates made mine behave that way. The next update fixed it for me. Many were in the same situations but not everyone.

If I remember correctly, there is a way to reload the current firmware onto the PlayBook. I think it involves unplugging the PlayBook from the Desktop Manager app while it's searching for updates. Maybe those affected should give it a try and see if it fixes it...

PS. I couldn't try with the 'Power Off' application since pressing 'Pause' in the app would reboot my tablet instead.
    02-26-12 11:55 AM
    Your kidding right LOL
    ROFLMAO I most certainly was kidding especially about the "stop holding the BlackBerry PlayBook." I mean the smooth body with curves in just the right places is too much for anybody to resist, and could you imagine the torment of never again fondling the tablet?
    02-26-12 11:55 AM
    I tried mine with all three possibilities: by letting it timed out, using the battery gauge, the button. In all cases, it required a full bezel to bezel swipe to turn back on.

I remember back last May or June, one of the updates made mine behave that way. The next update fixed it for me. Many were in the same situations but not everyone.

If I remember correctly, there is a way to reload the current firmware onto the PlayBook. I think it involves unplugging the PlayBook from the Desktop Manager app while it's searching for updates. Maybe those affected should give it a try and see if it fixes it...

PS. I couldn't try with the 'Power Off' application since pressing 'Pause' in the app would reboot my tablet instead.
    At the time of these tests was the tablet plugged into the computer or wall outlet or completely untethered?
    02-26-12 11:56 AM
    Here when unplugged in Standby:
    Vertically
    top to 3/4 down swipe
    bottom to 3/4 up swipe
    Horizontally
    left to 3/4 right swipe
    right to 3/4 left swipe
    all seem to wake it up.

Tapped the stuffing out of it, and couldn't wake it from standby.
    Spot on... Me too - maybe more like 2/3 even rather than 3/4 for me
    02-26-12 11:59 AM
    This is correct. If it's plugged in you just tap the screen to wake it up. If it isn't plugged in you need to do bezel to bezel swipe. I would think they assume if it's plugged in you aren't worrying about waking it up by accident as it is not mobile.
    If this behaviour is consistent for all users the choice does make sense from both a usability point of view and battery life when not plugged into a power source.
    02-26-12 12:00 PM
    If your Playbook is plugged into a charger that a simple touch will wake it up. If it is running on battery you will need to swipe to wake it up. Both wake up gestures bring it out of standby. I hope this explains the different experiences. This is also covered in the Playbook Manuel 2.0
    Last edited by Hgouck; 02-26-12 at 12:08 PM.
    02-26-12 12:06 PM
    Okay, I have some odd behavior on mine that I didn't have before the upgrade.

I just charged my PB to 100% this morning and it's been off the charger for at least an hour.

I just tap the screen and it comes out of standby mode (it is not on the charger).

It is at 97% but shows the plug symbol on the battery icon even thought the PB isn't plugged in.

The plug symbol changes to the lightning bolt after a few seconds.

Does that sound like correct behavior for a PB that's not plugged in and charging? It feels like the battery's draining....
    02-26-12 12:12 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD