The Source and WalMart in Milton have 32 GB playbooks.
    01-16-13 06:21 PM
    Staples.ca has them with free next day delivery for $147.00 32 GB.
    01-16-13 06:26 PM
    Staples.ca has them with free next day delivery for $147.00 32 GB.
    Until you click 'Add to Cart' when they finally tell you "Sorry, out of stock".
    01-17-13 12:16 PM
    That's a rather persumptuous statement.
    Best to use a spell checker if you are trying to put someone down
    01-17-13 12:24 PM
    I saw one at the Costco in Etobicoke yesterday
    01-17-13 12:29 PM
    How close is TO to "oakville town centre" ?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...harger-762740/

They may still have a couple actual PBs in stock !?
    01-17-13 12:58 PM
    01-17-13 01:27 PM
    there are no london drugs in toronto
    01-17-13 01:38 PM
    Staples oakville store is about 35 km west of Toronto. There are only accessories left.
    01-17-13 02:13 PM
    Amazon US still has the 32gb for $172. Good deal!
    01-17-13 02:52 PM
    I believe it would be illegal for a store to sell you a used item and claim it was new.That is not something they would readily jump into. I would think your playbook is new . Good luck and enjoy !
    Sadly my friend that is something the source has been doing for a very long time now. My experiences are based from Interactions with that company from Timmins Ontario to Barrie, and over to Winnipeg and then Calgary

As for the Op, i wish i was closer to you then Winnipeg as if you really wanted to, i am sure we could arrange something for mine (personally i have not been impressed with it since i got it, and am trying to hold out till this new fangled bb10 upgrade will be released to see if i can fall back in love with it)
    01-17-13 03:27 PM
    Sadly my friend that is something the source has been doing for a very long time now. My experiences are based from Interactions with that company from Timmins Ontario to Barrie, and over to Winnipeg and then Calgary

As for the Op, i wish i was closer to you then Winnipeg as if you really wanted to, i am sure we could arrange something for mine (personally i have not been impressed with it since i got it, and am trying to hold out till this new fangled bb10 upgrade will be released to see if i can fall back in love with it)
    My 10 year old son bought one from The Source at the Carlingwood Mall in Ottawa late November. He brought it home to find out the mini female plug in the machine was broken. When he started the PB it was filled with someone's stuff (emails, addresses, calendar and apps). He was sold a previous customers broken machine. They had the nerve to give him a hard time when it was returned in less than an hour later. Nice move " The Source ", won't be going back there
    01-17-13 03:39 PM
    I've been getting customer return 64gb with everything in the box just like it came from rim for $125 each.every one of them had old os that wouldn't let them charge when battery was dead.5 min fix and on to ebay.These have all been in like new condition.Not selling that great tho.Been getting from$150 to high of $165 plus shipping.So when I see folks here begging for them TRY EBAY!!!!!!!!
    EvanRitch likes this.
    01-17-13 05:50 PM
    I also got from Walmart a 64 Gig PB open box dated 24.05.11 with a Latin American region label. It was packaged as if brand new except for not being sealed. I installed battery guru which showed 0 recharge count. There was no problem registering for the 90 day support. Does this indicate it is a new and not a refurbished unit ? Thanks for your help.
    01-17-13 07:42 PM
    ************* UPDATE ****************
    Question. What is the most you would pay on EBAY for a 32gb? Im looking for brand new in box as well. I don't want anything from the states because of shipping + customs. So looking to buy from Canada. But again wondering what people would pay MAX for a new 32gb or WHAT they think is a max bid on Ebay? Thanks
    01-17-13 07:52 PM
    ************* UPDATE ****************
    Question. What is the most you would pay on EBAY for a 32gb? Im looking for brand new in box as well. I don't want anything from the states because of shipping + customs. So looking to buy from Canada. But again wondering what people would pay MAX for a new 32gb or WHAT they think is a max bid on Ebay? Thanks
    If you are in Toronto area I suggest you call the stores from The Source that indicate they still have the 32G.
    Product Locator | TheSource.ca
    01-17-13 07:57 PM
    They dont have it. Ive been to many of them. When I went to walmart to check a guy was getting a call on the phone and someone was asking about it. For this price its a HOT item in Toronto
    01-17-13 08:03 PM
    If you are in Toronto area I suggest you call the stores from The Source that indicate they still have the 32G.
    Product Locator | TheSource.ca
    Unfortunately The Source's stock indicator is useless, and then apparently so too are their employees. I called around to the stores that supposedly had stock, and none of them did. I asked why the system would indicate stock was available when in fact there wasn't; they said they didn't know. I asked if they could inform someone about the error so that future customers were not misinformed; they said sure. Weeks later, the stock counts are still not updated.
    01-18-13 06:17 AM
    They dont have it. Ive been to many of them. When I went to walmart to check a guy was getting a call on the phone and someone was asking about it. For this price its a HOT item in Toronto
    Don't waste your time visiting the stores. Just keep calling the store that indicate with stock. I know at times the inventory listed on the web is not accurate. Just keep calling every store including the one outside of GTA. At this time finding a playbook is rare, you'll just have to be persistence. Again get the bundle deal, those are the one that's harder to sell. It's in a different packaging.
    01-18-13 08:11 AM
    Unfortunately The Source's stock indicator is useless, and then apparently so too are their employees. I called around to the stores that supposedly had stock, and none of them did. I asked why the system would indicate stock was available when in fact there wasn't; they said they didn't know. I asked if they could inform someone about the error so that future customers were not misinformed; they said sure. Weeks later, the stock counts are still not updated.
    A little off topic, but this shows that this particular store is not taking inventory on a regular basis. Seems to be the way of some businesses. Not sure how they make a buck if they don't know what they have let alone find out if theft is a problem at their store.

Back on topic, it is interesting tht RIM has run out of stock and the stores are clearing out remaining inventory. It lends credence to speculation about a new BB10 tablet with updated hardware to be released if the BB10 phones are a success.
    01-24-13 09:40 PM
    I believe it would be illegal for a store to sell you a used item and claim it was new.That is not something they would readily jump into. I would think your playbook is new .
    Good luck and enjoy !
    Unfortunately, unless you can provide a memo or some other sort of proof that this is an intentional move on the part of the company, they can get away with simply claiming that either a) you're a liar, or b) the claim was made by an uninformed employee. Even then a company like WalMart won't be fined enough to matter to them. It's buyer beware, as always.
    01-25-13 05:40 AM
    Well I did get a playbook brand new from EBAY I would never buy used. I paid $216 a little much I know but free shipping and I wanted to make sure I got one. Its 32gb. I missed the Tiger Direct sales on Ebay for $185 for 64gb... Anyways im just happy I could get one, I also got a verbatim ultra slim mini keyboard and its pretty nice, It takes awhile to get used to the small keys but eventually I will have it working perfectly!!

Use Ebay I say.

Anyone notice Best Buy had the playbook listed at $75 on sale even though it was sold out everywhere!!
    01-25-13 11:20 AM
    Amazon has them.
    01-25-13 11:25 AM
    Order it online from the source if you are still looking.
    01-25-13 11:32 AM
    just bought 64GB playbook from TigerDirect.com for around $200 after rebate.
    01-25-13 11:41 AM
50 12