I found out about the sweetly priced playbooks just recently and really really wanted to pick one up. Searched online and couldn't find it anywhere to buy. Started going to stores and everyone said they last saw it at christmas and that's pretty much it. Asked a guy from Staples if they will get anymore and he said there are no orders for those because some BB10 Tablets are coming or something.

Anyways I find Tablets are too expensive and thought the $150 was an amazing price point. But in Toronto their all gone and not coming back

Ive looked at Walmart, Staples, Future Shop, Best Buy, The Source, Amazon and so on. Keep checking but nothing.

Anyone hear if any more orders will be placed anywhere? It sucks I missed the boat but I guess i'll save $150+tax

Bummed......
    01-15-13 06:21 PM
    Try ebay or kijiji for new in box PlayBooks.
    01-15-13 06:33 PM
    Picked one up on eBay.ca two days ago, 32G for about $160. Otherwise you have to order from Amazon in the US, same price + duties and PITA factor. I couldn't order one on line from anywhere else - sold out.
    01-15-13 06:43 PM
    The source might have the odd 1 or 2 in store Product Locator | TheSource.ca
    Put in your portal code and range 200km and try phoning the stores that show stock.
    01-15-13 06:49 PM
    Try Walmart. I just bought a 64 gig for $178 at their Oakville store. There's still one left. I was told it was brand new
    However, it is an open box without the usual tape at the bottom. How do I confirm if it is brand new? Thanks.
    01-15-13 08:12 PM
    I believe it would be illegal for a store to sell you a used item and claim it was new.That is not something they would readily jump into. I would think your playbook is new .
    Good luck and enjoy !

Try Walmart. I just bought a 64 gig for $178 at their Oakville store. There's still one left. I was told it was brand new
    However, it is an open box without the usual tape at the bottom. How do I confirm if it is brand new? Thanks.
    01-15-13 08:17 PM
    I spotted the odd PlayBook in stores here and there such as Future Shop in Kingston though not in Toronto. I see that even the Source sold out online. I managed to pick up a 32 GB bundled with the keyboard just before Christmas as a second device to complement the 64 GB one I already have. I'm glad I did because there appear to be no new WiFi PlayBooks available in the Kitchener Waterloo area.

Seems that RIM has exhausted the stock of WiFi models. Bell Canada stores have the cellular capable 32 GB PlayBook for sale but at full price unless you lock in to a plan.

Just watch out for new ones from Amazon in the US. A number of stolen ones are being sold there even from reputable sellers (part of a stolen truckload of new ones) and RIM won't activate them. You only get an error code when trying to set a new one up.
    01-15-13 08:43 PM
    try london drugs if any are around you. I got 1 theother day there
    01-15-13 08:45 PM
    Asked a guy from Staples if they will get anymore and he said there are no orders for those because some BB10 Tablets are coming or something.
    Is RIM gonna release some BB10 Tablets?
    I know the current PB will get BB10.

I am in the market for a 64GB PB but not sure if RIM will release new tablets on the 30th Jan 2013.
    01-15-13 09:06 PM
    Amazon,,, for all things everything...�

Amazon.com: blackberry playbook
    01-15-13 09:08 PM
    Amazon still has them or did at least they did a week ago.
    01-15-13 09:09 PM
    Call into RIM and register the PlayBook. They will tell you if it's new or not. My aunt had an issue with one she bought new from best buy. Come to find out it wasn't new at all and Rim had to change some info on the device.
    01-15-13 09:34 PM
    amazon.ca, but gonna cost you $250 shipped for a 32gb
    01-15-13 09:34 PM
    I spotted the odd PlayBook in stores here and there such as Future Shop in Kingston though not in Toronto.
    The Kingston FS had the 16Gb about 3 or 4 days ago/ $129 I think.

Keep looking on-line. They seem to come in waves!
    01-15-13 09:36 PM
    I find it really hard to believe that Futureshop and Best Buy are sold out. When I went to purchase one in Brampton, the guy opened a cabinet below the display unit and there at least had to be 30 of them.

Have they really been selling like hot cakes?!
    el_excelsior likes this.
    01-15-13 09:40 PM
    I just did an on-line check and it seems FS and Staples have no stock. The Source is mostly sold out except for 3 stores in Nepean/Ottawa.

For Staples, check first thing in morning. They sometime have stock and an hour later it has gone.
    01-15-13 09:45 PM
    I found out about the sweetly priced playbooks just recently and really really wanted to pick one up. Searched online and couldn't find it anywhere to buy. Started going to stores and everyone said they last saw it at christmas and that's pretty much it. Asked a guy from Staples if they will get anymore and he said there are no orders for those because some BB10 Tablets are coming or something.

Anyways I find Tablets are too expensive and thought the $150 was an amazing price point. But in Toronto their all gone and not coming back

Ive looked at Walmart, Staples, Future Shop, Best Buy, The Source, Amazon and so on. Keep checking but nothing.

Anyone hear if any more orders will be placed anywhere? It sucks I missed the boat but I guess i'll save $150+tax

Bummed......
    I have seen Playbooks in Best Buy yesterday.

I've been told same thing in Staples in Mississauga. I guess Staples headoffice knows things we do not.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    01-15-13 09:56 PM
    I remember paying 500 bucks for my first one. LoL
    01-15-13 10:35 PM
    Are there "London Drugs" out east? Try there.
    01-15-13 10:36 PM
    I just brought 1 from eBay from a UK seller as it's sold out here in Australia for $199 unless your willing to pay between $250 - $350 + Postage for one which i am not.

BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB Wi-Fi 7in Black Tablet | eBay
    01-15-13 10:44 PM
    I would look for bundle deals. The individual tablets might not be available, there might still be some bundle to be had. Product Locator | TheSource.ca
    rob c likes this.
    01-15-13 10:51 PM
    Try Brampton Future Shops or Best Buy, they usually have a lot of PlayBook stock.
    01-15-13 11:38 PM
    I find it really hard to believe that Futureshop and Best Buy are sold out. When I went to purchase one in Brampton, the guy opened a cabinet below the display unit and there at least had to be 30 of them.

Have they really been selling like hot cakes?!
    I guess just not that much in Brampton, so the OP Could probably find one to buy and not too far as well.
    01-15-13 11:40 PM
    Have you tried going to Staples and asking to buy the display for 20$ less? Anyways, just more evidence of the Playbook2 just around the corner RIM secretly has all stores getting ready for it by selling out the inferior Playbook1's
    01-15-13 11:44 PM
    Have you tried going to Staples and asking to buy the display for 20$ less? Anyways, just more evidence of the Playbook2 just around the corner RIM secretly has all stores getting ready for it by selling out the inferior Playbook1's
    That's a rather persumptuous statement.
    01-16-13 01:41 PM
50 12