I agree with @Erandhawa. Went to Staples yesterday to buy a PlayBook. The Assistant Manager rang up my order. First he was surprised at the $100 instant savings, then the rebate forms printed from the register. Was shocked to see a $100 rebate. Tells the Staples Tech person ringing up another sale, "That's a good price! $100 off and a $100 rebate."
    Just goes to show the lack of knowledge by these "Techs". They don't even know their store specials. I own several businesses and I make sure to print out our store promos and post them at each register. My employees are required to ask the customers if they'd like to purchase another item as long as it will benefit the customer in the sale (i.e coke 2 for $2 and customer only picks up 1 they tell the customer for x amount of cents you can get another).
    Whats even worse in this situation is that it was the assistant manager, cmon staples get your act together.
    09-28-11 03:58 PM
    I bought my PB at a Chicago area Staples yesterday (Tuesday 9/27/11) and they had plenty in stock stored in a room at the front of the store. I had called 2 other stores to check the price and see if they had the PB in stock and all 3 said they had "several" in stock. The manager showed the unit to me because the sales rep didn't know what a PB was or how to use it, etc. The manager told me that Staples gave all of the store managers a PB within just the last few days for free, but she was not a BB phone user and had barely set hers up yet. She also said that the sale price next week would be $299 out the door without rebates. I got mine for $349 + tax out the door with $100 prepaid Visa card rebate and $50 credit coming to my new Staples credit card account for a final cost of $199 + tax.
    09-28-11 06:08 PM
    Can this be possible?? Discontinuing it within 1 year of launch on the eve of OS 2.0??
    Have you heard of the HP Touchpad?
    09-28-11 06:32 PM
    Have you heard of the HP Touchpad?
    Not comparable -
    HP has other business, than portable consumer computing devices, and don't have much of a legacy in the field.
    For RIM it's their only business.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-28-11 at 06:55 PM.
    09-28-11 06:51 PM
    Not comparable -
    HP has other business, than portable consumer computing devices. RIM does not.
    RIM has phones.
    09-28-11 06:55 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD