D'oh! When bridged, this comes up with the Native Browser, Simple Browser +, and the Bridge Browser:

"Your wireless service plan must include a subscription to a tethering plan to share your smartphone's internet connection with this tablet. To enable tethering on your smartphone, go to att.com/mywireless or dial 611."

All I can do when connected via Bridge is go into the BlackBerry Bridge app on the PB and access email, calendar, contacts, BBM, etc. (but not the Bridge Browser). I can't access the new native email or anything else that requires an Internet connection.

I was wondering why I was able to download Bridge 2.0 from App World, instead of having to d/l it from rroyy. Now I know.

Frankly, this sucks. One of the selling points of the PB for me was not having to get a separate plan for when not connected via wifi.

02-21-12 06:24 AM
    Delete that Bridge and go get the one from rroyy. It works for me.
    JasW likes this.
    02-21-12 06:28 AM
    So just to clarify did you download the Bridge app from rroyy.com or from the App world ?

The App world app will make you pay for sharing your phones data plan.

From rroyy you don't have to pay a cent.

The problem is not with PB, that you have to pay separate when not connected to a wifi--- its your carrier.
    02-21-12 06:28 AM
    Easy fix. Go to rroyy.com and download his version... And bam. It's fixed
    02-21-12 06:32 AM
    Delete that Bridge and go get the one from rroyy. It works for me.
    Great, thanks. I thought that might be it. I d/l'd from rroyy for Bridge 1.0 because it was blocked in App World. But I saw it in App World this time, so I figured I'd be good to go. Wrong!
    02-21-12 06:36 AM
    Great, thanks. I thought that might be it. I d/l'd from rroyy for Bridge 1.0 because it was blocked in App World. But I saw it in App World this time, so I figured I'd be good to go. Wrong!
    Apparently there are different versions in App World and your carrier and data plan partially determine which one you get. Curse you, at&t. But God bless rroyy!!
    02-21-12 06:38 AM
    Thanks for this! On Verizon bridge browser is gone altogether!
    02-21-12 10:28 AM
    The Bridge Browser has been gone for a while. You just use the Standard Browser and you be good to go.

UNLESS you are on ATT, then as above: RROYY is the one!

C
    02-21-12 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD