Have you folks noticed that C-net has barley had any coverage of the new PB 2.0 update. They havent mentioned it on their main page or in their CES coverage.

Infact, they have a feature story on their main page on the tablet 'round up' at CES and the Playbook isnt even mentioned.

So what do you think this means? do you think people here are blowing the impact of 2.0 out of proportion or whats up with C-net missing out on the big new tablet upgrade?

Its conserning because people here are under the impression that the Playbook is now the best tablet on the market but its not even mentioned!!!!!!
    01-14-12 10:19 PM
    C-Net has always succled at the teet of Microsoft and in recent years Apple. We know the potential of this tablet.
    01-14-12 10:32 PM
    Do you really care what CNET thinks anyway? I can't even remember the last time I looked at a review there.
    01-14-12 10:41 PM
    IMHO I believe C|Net is under contract or something. They're the equivalent of the far right (American Politics).

Just saying...
    01-14-12 10:42 PM
    Is there any point in emailing C-Net? Would they care? Being a toady to Microsoft doesn't bother me as much as those outlets in bed with Apple. (Of course, Apple may be lying low after the report on labour infractions in their manufacturing plants in China ... and their court loss to Motorolla ...)

Still, we have had some good press from some very respected sources.
    01-14-12 10:44 PM
    Do you really care what CNET thinks anyway?
    Agreed, its just something to read when you're bored or want some microsoft feedback
    Not my go-to news and info site.
    01-14-12 10:45 PM
    What's CNET
    pelletizer and Bobcat665 like this.
    01-14-12 10:46 PM
    I have been observing Cnet, ZDNet and computerworld for months. Their bias against RIM has been blatant! They are typically all over the bad news - but the positives like the good reactions to 2.0 in CES get ignored completely.
    01-14-12 10:46 PM
    I have seen a few dot.news.com tech reporters write very one-sided, dry articles then reference 2 to 3 other people to give an opinion that tells me they know less than the person that asked. So, in a way, if they don't open their mouth, thats a good thing.
    01-14-12 10:48 PM
    cnet is irrelevant.
    01-14-12 11:49 PM
    Im not proud to say it, but I often watch cnet and read its variety of articles. Here's a simple breakdown of what you find on there: 50% is anything Apple related, especially rumors. 15% is somewhat random topics. The last 35% is condemning RIM, android tabs, ps vita/3ds, etc... Engadgets not much better. Anyone know some better sites?
    01-15-12 12:13 AM
    I hate bonnie cha sooooooo much. She is a triple threat because she is fat, ugly, and stupid.
    01-15-12 01:28 AM
    Is there any point in emailing C-Net? Would they care? Being a toady to Microsoft doesn't bother me as much as those outlets in bed with Apple. (Of course, Apple may be lying low after the report on labour infractions in their manufacturing plants in China ... and their court loss to Motorolla ...)

Still, we have had some good press from some very respected sources.
    The labor trouble in China manufacture iPhones but Foxconn owns those factories. Foxconn is a unit of Taiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. that makes iPads and iPhones for Apple. Apple does not own these manufacturing plants.
    01-15-12 01:36 AM
    If you search Blackberry on cnet, you will see there has never been any positive things said about RIM in the past even during RIM's height of popularity. They have clearly make their point that they hate the company.
    01-15-12 05:45 AM
    Donald Bell had a video and article on OS2. It was fair and mostly positive.
    maxknux likes this.
    01-15-12 05:54 AM
    Media bias is nothing new. I struggled against it daily when I wrote for InfoWorld. It was a constant battle to break through the pro-Apple bias being pushed down from the Executive Editor, Galen Gruman. I was glad when I got out.

Note: Since my departure, Galen is exercising even more control over the publication. So it's no surprise that InfoWorld's mobile and tablet coverage has devolved into one continuous Apple love letter. Just goes to show how one biased person in a position of authority can skew an entire publication's focus/perspective.

Randall C. Kennedy (yeah, that one)
    01-15-12 06:12 AM
    C-net always curls up to microsoft and ignores BlackBerry....If anyone is upset that C-net gives poor reviews or ignores BlackBerry I will take on the burden of reviewing C-net myself...Hey C-net YOU S?@K! I'm always nice when I wake up.
    01-15-12 06:28 AM
    interesting responses. most people I know that are looking for reviews on what electronics to buy use C-net a lot. Mainly because when you search for '______ reviews' c-net is often the first source that google pops up.

doesnt that mean that the vast majority of nonTech people (majority of consumers) will turn to websites like these for purchase advice?

Personally I thought the PB was piece of junk before I bought one. I only got one because I have a friend who works for RIM and he got it for me for $99+ tax.

Now that I have one I really like it My wife has an iPad 1 so I am aware of the competition. but based on reviews and perception I never would have bought a PB even for $199.

I think a few of you are underestimating the impact these types of sites have on sales and public opinion.

IMHO
    Lhendr likes this.
    01-15-12 08:25 AM
    CNET is the "tech" equivalent to that leftwing MSNBC....dilitantes all and not a single authentic journalist in those 2 cabals.
    01-15-12 09:07 AM
    CNET is the "tech" equivalent to that leftwing MSNBC....dilitantes all and not a single authentic journalist in those 2 cabals.
    Wrong. They are with cbs. and not affiliated with Microsoft in anyway. If people on here actually watch or read cnet, they would know that they are bias to apple the most.
    01-15-12 09:13 AM
    Wrong. They are with cbs. and not affiliated with Microsoft in anyway. If people on here actually watch or read cnet, they would know that they are bias to apple the most.
    MSNBC is owned by NBC. CNET is owned by CBS. Neither is fair or balanced in their amateurish reportage, and that's where they are alike.
    01-15-12 09:21 AM
    MSNBC is owned by NBC. CNET is owned by CBS. Neither is fair or balanced in their amateurish reportage, and that's where they are alike.
    Thats all fine but it doesnt change or address the 'facts' I wrote earlier. the common user will search tecb reviews in google and cNet reviews are the top results theyll view.

I doubt my parents would have any idea that because cNet may be biased towards Apple they should discount their review opinions.

also, I'm not as into tech politics as many of you so......basically what youre saying is cNet lies about RIM products and over hypes Apple and Microsoft?
    01-15-12 09:28 AM
    Just goes to show how one biased person in a position of authority can skew an entire publication's focus/perspective.
    I totally agree with this. Mainly what's going on now with these sites smh
    01-15-12 09:30 AM
    Playbook is now the best tablet on the market but its not even mentioned!!!!!!
    not quite yet. it's been previewed but we don't have it yet. I'm sure they will have an article about it once OS 2.0 gets released.

also PB OS 2.0 is still playing catch up game, if it becomes the best tablet on earth I'm sure consumers will notice and PB will sell. all the screaming on this forum or CNet's articles (or lack of it) won't make any difference in the final result.
    01-15-12 09:45 AM
    Thats all fine but it doesnt change or address the 'facts' I wrote earlier. the common user will search tecb reviews in google and cNet reviews are the top results theyll view.

I doubt my parents would have any idea that because cNet may be biased towards Apple they should discount their review opinions.

also, I'm not as into tech politics as many of you so......basically what youre saying is cNet lies about RIM products and over hypes Apple and Microsoft?

Is that what you read in my post?
    01-15-12 10:08 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD