I live in NYC, I have Time Warner Cable as my TV provider and I'm an HBO subscriber. Today I get an email that Time Warner is going to roll out HBO go. (It's a free service to stream HBO to a computer, tablet or phone.) So as a Playbook owner I'm excited to be able to take advantage of the service. Until I see the supported platforms for phones and tablets....iOS and Android.

It seems that no matter how many strides RIM makes in the right direction with better software and hardware they still get ignored as a viable multimedia platform. Any way, I thought I would try and change that so I contacted Time Warner and they gave me the name and contact information of the person who needs to be aware that Playbook owners want to be included in being supported like the other darlings of the industry.

If we want to have the same support and applications as the other two were going to have to start making some noise and contact these comapnies and let them know that there are plenty of Playbook owners out there and we want to be supported and have access to the same things as iOS and Android.

I'm sure this service is probably available on other carriers with the same exclusion to the Playbook, if so sontact your provider and get the info as to who you have to contact to let them know your interested in support for your Playbook. (I provided the info of the person at Time Warner. If you have the service, contact her.)

Thanks for reading and sorry for the long post. I hope you take action.

You can email [email protected] or send a letter to the address below.

Barbara Kelly
    VP Programming, New Business Development
    Time Warner Cable
    120 E 23rd Street 9th Floor
    New York, NY 10010
    01-10-12 11:14 PM
    http://crackberry.com/watch-tv-your-...-hbo-go-max-go

You don't need an app, you have a browser with Flash.

http://www.hbogo.com/
    01-10-12 11:21 PM
    I have verizon service and I just log in on their site and watch as if I was on a PC.
    Do they have any online TV service you can try now? You may not need an app for that.
    01-10-12 11:21 PM
    I just joined the service and logged on. I can see the content and stream it but something looks a bit off... Especially when I expanded to full screen. I don't know for sure if you "need" an app for it. I assumed you did/do because they make it a point to mention support for Apple and Android powered devices. If not, why exclude the Blackberry/PlayBook name?
    01-11-12 11:45 AM
    I only get a few minutes through the website before it freezes and no longer plays correctly.
    01-11-12 11:55 AM
    Same for me. I can watch about 10 minutes of video before it crashes. I'm on comcast by the way as my provider.
    01-11-12 12:02 PM
    I just tried it again and I have the same issue, it plays for about five minutes and then just stops. I've tried it from home and work, both places with good connections so I know its not a connection issue.
    01-11-12 12:41 PM
    I tried using the HBO-GO last night, I'm using the .7111 code which supposedly has the newer browser, I tried several things, clear cache, change settings etc and also see the freezing issue after a few minutes. I verified download speed as well. HBOgo does explain they have browser requirements but do not mention anything about BB. I was able to run the app on my GF ipad2, my hacked Nookcolor and my phone (andorid tbolt) but was disappointed about not getting it to run on the Pbook with such a good graphics, perhaps when the full OS2 is released we'll see something (maybe run in the android layer, if the app works or in the android layer of browser). While I like my Pbook it's definitely not a multimedia device in that sense, I can't stream from my pc to it, but I'm wishful that over time that improves..
    01-29-12 06:17 AM
    Been using HBO GO and MAX GO with no problems since I got my PB about 3 weeks ago, both at home and on the road.
    01-29-12 07:57 AM
    http://crackberry.com/watch-tv-your-...-hbo-go-max-go

You don't need an app, you have a browser with Flash.

HBO GO. It's HBO. Anywhere.
    But... But... Flash doesn't matter remember?
    01-29-12 08:07 AM
    really? who knows
    01-29-12 08:25 AM
    Well I tried it again after reading gohogs911 post and it still doesn't work right for me (or anyone else here apparently.) but I did see a few more minutes of content (compared to the first few times I tried it.) before it stopped working.

So the question is gohogs911, who is your service provider? What Playbook OS are you running? Can you provide us with any other pertinent inof that I may have missed? It's strange that out of 4-5 playbooks here only one of us can use the service.
    01-31-12 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD