why isn't there any good apps that are free? i just want to actually have some apps that will make me actually want to use my device for apps, i only use it for the web browser and wikipedia app! Will RIM ever start moving blackberry phone apps into the playbook? will that be in BB10?
    07-06-12 01:13 PM
    What kinds of apps are you looking for? There are a lot of free apps available. Without knowing what you need the apps to do, it is impossible for anyone to recommend apps.
    07-06-12 01:15 PM
    What's a good app?
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-06-12 01:20 PM
    07-06-12 01:24 PM
    What kinds of apps are you looking for? There are a lot of free apps available. Without knowing what you need the apps to do, it is impossible for anyone to recommend apps.
    i just want like a fun game, like the little 2D games on iOS and stuff, i dont want to sideload anything as i just dont like it. I cant find any true good game application on the app world.
    07-06-12 01:25 PM
    Seriously? I have no problem finding a plethora of apps to choose from. Searching for what you're looking for would be a good place to start...
    07-06-12 01:27 PM

i did! dude read again, i said i use it for wikipedia and web browser, both apps, i downloaded a wikipedia app, ur too lazy to read
    07-06-12 01:27 PM
    Seriously? I have no problem finding a plethora of apps to choose from. Searching for what you're looking for would be a good place to start...
    i do, i search things like angry birds and cut the rope etc., they are all like 2.99 to 4.99, i dont want to spend money on games i can get on my iphone for free...
    07-06-12 01:29 PM
    i just want like a fun game, like the little 2D games on iOS and stuff, i dont want to sideload anything as i just dont like it. I cant find any true good game application on the app world.
    But for free with ads? Lots of good great games just not free and there are good free ones also.
    07-06-12 01:29 PM
    i do, i search things like angry birds and cut the rope etc., they are all like 2.99 to 4.99, i dont want to spend money on games i can get on my iphone for free...
    Angry Birds and Cut the Rope are not free for iPhones either. Granted, they are cheaper. However, you asked about free games, and these games are not free on any platform.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-06-12 01:32 PM
    But for free with ads? Lots of good great games just not free and there are good free ones also.
    ok well ill try to search some more games.
    07-06-12 01:32 PM
    There are any number of free game apps. If the OP has the games mentioned on his iPhone, why on earth would he want the same games on his PB? For some reason, the original post just sounds like one more post whose only purpose is to stir up trouble.
    anon(1852343) and bungaboy like this.
    07-06-12 01:33 PM
    There are any number of free game apps. If the OP has the games mentioned on his iPhone, why on earth would he want the same games on his PB? For some reason, the original post just sounds like one more post whose only purpose is to stir up trouble.
    actually it runs very slowly on my iphone and i would enjoy playing them on a bigger screen, i was just asking a simple question... I'm not trying to make any kind of trouble.
    07-06-12 01:37 PM
    Sorry, AB and CTR don't have "free" ad supported apps on the PB. Unless you are talking about a form of jailbreaking, RIM is more sophisticated than Apple and you can't "jailbreak" and install "Free" paid apps.

And with a name like iblakejames .... Sounds like he's trolling from the bitten fruit world.

The playbook has a completely different app ecosystem than that of the Apple and Android world.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-06-12 01:53 PM
    Just my very humble opinion: you get what you pay for. If an app is truly a good app, be it a useful productivity app or an addictive game, it's worth paying a couple of $$$ for. If it's free, there's probably a good reason why.
    Morten and bungaboy like this.
    07-06-12 01:55 PM
    Oh and also, you cannot compare the prices of the IPHONE version of games to the Playbook version of the games, because the IPAD are just as expensive because it is meant for tablets and are more expensive on ALL tablets vs phone prices
    07-06-12 01:59 PM
    I did NOT buy my PB for games. That being said I must admit that I have ~40 absolutely awesome games on my PB. Most are free and cover nearly every genre. Driving; FPS, RTS; TBS, tower defense; platforms; puzzles; word games; others defy classification. Some are native some are android. Some are from App World and some are sideloaded. DDPB makes sideloading absolutely simple.

Under the 2.1 Beta android games can be "almost" seamlessly integrated. Today I sideloaded the android game Drisk Free v 1.4.21 (a clone of the classic Risk board game) and it is fabulous. I have already contacted the dev to get it ported over native because i want the features of the paid version. It is being considered.

Games on PB kick @ss. Sorry no sympathy from me!
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-06-12 02:08 PM
    Love posts like this... because good apps that the "the OP" cannot seem to find.... makes the point again... quit making an opinion a fact.... getting tiresome.....
    kretch and bungaboy like this.
    07-06-12 02:09 PM
    Tetris, Modern Combat, Asphalt 6, PewPew, run In Crowd, Sribbles, Frisbee Forever, TunnelTilt, Sand Slides are just a few games I use regularly that are free

Apps: Groupon, Poynt, Scrapbook, Zinio, Paintbook, Vevo
    kbz1960 and bungaboy like this.
    07-06-12 02:20 PM
    Do any of you work for free? I think that's called volunteering.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-06-12 02:23 PM
    There are quite a few good apps, both free and paid. My main gripe is that there just aren't a lot of them. Although apps aren't the end-all be-all, moving to an android phone has opened my eyes to how useful apps can be.

I have roughly 60 (not counting native apps) on my phone, and a day seldom goes by without one or more updates. My PB has 40+ apps added, and I rarely see updates - sometimes I don't see any updates for a month. Most devs just don't seem that motivated to improve their apps. Of course there are a few exceptions, but in general the PB feels forgotten.
    07-06-12 02:52 PM
    There are plenty of apps, good free stuff.

IMHO - Asphalt 6 Adrenaline HD is one of the best free games out there.
    Scribbles - Free
    Modern Combat 2- Free
    Frisbee Forever - Free
    Bull Rush - Free
    250+ Solitare Collection - Free
    Bubble birds HD - Free
    BluTorQ Speedometer -Free
    Jiglo - free
    Muffin Knight - Free
    Poynt for Blackberry Playbook- Free
    QR Scanner - Free
    Rocket Storm - Free
    Scrapbook - Free
    WeZap - Free
    Pipes - Free
    Gee Cards - Free

AirAttack - .99 worth it
    Burn the city - .99 worth it
    N.O.V.A. 2 HD - .99 worth it
    File and folders - 2.99 well worth it.

Just a short list........ I hate to pay for apps but sometimes you have to if you want it.

I already have a playbook and I'm not about to spend money on another tablet just to get a few free apps.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-06-12 02:55 PM
    why isn't there any good apps that are free? i just want to actually have some apps that will make me actually want to use my device for apps, i only use it for the web browser and wikipedia app! Will RIM ever start moving blackberry phone apps into the playbook? will that be in BB10?
    Plenty apps are free,... depends on what defines a "good app".

That being said,.. Why are not cars for free? Why are not books for free?

Apps are made by developers, and it takes more than an hour over a cup of coffee to make a "good" app. Sometimes it takes several people several months - to produce a good app. Then the support comes. Since two devices are not the same - people have installed all sort of apps on them - support is needed. Sometimes things just don't works as they should. Then - a Good developer team will stand by and help you - whereas a developer of free app will have to put you on hold, until he is finished doing whatever brings him food on the table, paid his rent etc...

Good apps are never free - they cannot be free.. and IF they are given away for free - still someone has to pay for them somehow - sponsoring/donations, advertising, data collection etc...

You should never want a free app, instead you should support the developers into making good apps, and enabling them to give support and further development.

If you cannot afford a couple of $ for an app,... you should go look for some sponsors who can help you out ,... or sell the phone and will until you Can afford it...
    Last edited by Lindstrom; 07-06-12 at 03:07 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-06-12 02:56 PM
    He want games like temple run, words with friends, and angry words, and fruit slice.
    All of which is free on Android but not even available on App world.
    07-06-12 03:58 PM
    People always want free its not bad paying for apps it supports the developer what's so bad about that. And if u can't buy a 4 dollar app u can't be the one getting mad because it's not free. I have a lot of games on my pb
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-06-12 04:00 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD