I would have to agree that the camera doesn't do very well in anything less than bright light. too bad they would put such a high mp camera in the playbook but not include a flash. that is one of my only real complaints with the playbook as that can not be fixed via update. well at least i don't think improved software would help. it is such a nice size to take and display photos it would have been nice to see the flash. i still love the whole playbook package though.
    01-14-12 02:42 PM
    who are you agreeing with?
    was this meant to be in another thread?
    01-14-12 03:19 PM
    someone should make an app that 'flashes' a bright white screen on the front screen when the picture is taken to simulate a 'flash' for the front facing camera
    01-14-12 03:27 PM
    im with you rugrat. i love my pb but my indoor pics are almoat all grainy... its a shame really, i was hoping to be able to use the camera alot. but because it sucks so much, i don't. my 9860 takes way way better pics indoors.
    01-14-12 03:37 PM
    someone should make an app that 'flashes' a bright white screen on the front screen when the picture is taken to simulate a 'flash' for the front facing camera
    There is one.... FlashLight... and it's free. ... on both the BB and PB.

I also have it on my 9810 for dark parking lots and finding my way through the house in the dark. I have even been known to use it to read the menu in a dim lighted pub.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 01-14-12 at 04:53 PM.
    01-14-12 03:47 PM
    You can pick up a hand held video light to light your subject to help with indoor photos. It's constant light, the advantage is you can see what your going to get before you shoot. Not a perfect solution, but it will help and you can find them for less than $20.
    01-14-12 04:45 PM
    Bold 9780 + PlayBook, and I can shoot video in any light by using the LED flash from tbe handheld.

Perfect match indeed.

Now... Who said the camera isn't good? It's been proved it is better than the iPads'.
    Last edited by diegonei; 01-14-12 at 04:56 PM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-14-12 04:50 PM
    Bold 9780 + PlayBook, and I can shoot video in any light by using the LED flash from tbe handheld.

Perfect match indeed.

Now... Who said the camera isn't good? It's been proved it is better than the iPads'.
    its better than an ipad? great, tell that to all my crappy photos.

So do you hold your phone up with the camera light on, and then hold up your pb with the other hand and take the picture? That is super convenient!!

I don't understand why it doesn't have a flash. It would've added what, probably $20-30??

Do any tablets have a flash? This seems like a no brainer. Phone cameras have had a flash for a few years now.
    01-14-12 05:09 PM
    its better than an ipad? great, tell that to all my crappy photos.

So do you hold your phone up with the camera light on, and then hold up your pb with the other hand and take the picture? That is super convenient!!

I don't understand why it doesn't have a flash. It would've added what, probably $20-30??

Do any tablets have a flash? This seems like a no brainer. Phone cameras have had a flash for a few years now.
    No, what I propose is far easier to do. Excuse my camera's bad shot, it's not a PlayBook.

Keep in mind I said "shoot video" thou...
    Last edited by diegonei; 01-14-12 at 08:03 PM.
    JWWDUKE and cylaer like this.
    01-14-12 05:39 PM
    Cmon you guys, you all knew what you were getting into before you purchased the playbook. Anyone that anal about photography uses a real camera. And even the best digital cameras with the flash turned off perform as bad in poor light. Have some more whine! Good gawd!
    diegonei and cylaer like this.
    01-14-12 05:52 PM
    No, what I propose is far easier to do. Excure my camera's bad shot, it's not a PlayBook.

Click to view quoted image

Keep in mind I said "shoot video" thou...
    I'll give you points for ingenuity!! I bet that actually works pretty good? I'm def gonna steal that idea... thx

and albee, I looked at the spec sheet for the playbook up and down, many times. I never once thought to look for the camera flash, because I honestly assumed it would have one. I would still buy the playbook knowing it didn't have a flash, but I think it should have had it.

Nobody's whining here and I'm not anal about photography, we were just having a conversation. We've got 3 cameras and they're all in their cases, in the comouter room. My playbook is usually within arms reach already turned on and ready to go. So when my 8 month old daughter decides to entertain us, it is much quicker and easier to grab the pb and snap a pic.

Maybe you didn't understand what I was getting at so I'm happy to explain it to you.
    diegonei likes this.
    01-14-12 06:34 PM
    What?!?! I didn't realize that I only had partial "flash" support!
    diegonei and fanatical like this.
    01-14-12 06:34 PM

with the many many posts i have read saying that the camera is not good in lower light photo taking.
    01-14-12 06:56 PM

Exactly, there IS flash support, but there is NO flash support. haha.
    01-14-12 07:01 PM
    Cmon you guys, you all knew what you were getting into before you purchased the playbook. Anyone that anal about photography uses a real camera. And even the best digital cameras with the flash turned off perform as bad in poor light. Have some more whine! Good gawd!
    actually i didn't really know what i was getting into as a lot of the things i read before purchasing the playbook were leaning toward the fact it had a pretty decent camera. now it seems all the posts are popping up saying the opposite. one of the biggest reasons for me wanting a playbook was to be able to have one thing to carry on trips instead of an iPod, camera, laptop ect . i would not expect a camera that would stand up to real cameras but it would have been nice to have one that was at least on par with a lot of cell phone cameras. i find the indoor shots are so bad i just wouldn't even try. i would have gotten my playbook anyway , but it does seem like it wouldn't have been hard to in clued the flash.

also agree with JWWDUKE the whole idea of cameras in portable devices is to be able to have it on hand to catch those quick shots as they happen.
    Last edited by rugrat5288; 01-14-12 at 07:14 PM.
    JWWDUKE likes this.
    01-14-12 07:07 PM
    I think for the front camera the led will be enabled at some point.
    JWWDUKE likes this.
    01-14-12 07:15 PM

Perfect match indeed.

I do have to agree somewhat with jwwduke - what do you do, juggle the items and maybe throw in a chainsaw it to make it more interesting?
    01-14-12 07:17 PM
    The Browser has FLASH - what more could you want?
    01-14-12 07:19 PM
    I do have to agree somewhat with jwwduke - what do you do, juggle the items and maybe throw in a chainsaw it to make it more interesting?
    haha, what do you mean "somewhat"?? haha.

chainsaws make most things more interesting .
    01-14-12 07:22 PM
    Funny... I could swear I had posted a picture...
    01-14-12 07:46 PM
    We've got 3 cameras and they're all in their cases, in the comouter room. My playbook is usually within arms reach already turned on and ready to go. So when my 8 month old daughter decides to entertain us, it is much quicker and easier to grab the pb and snap a pic.
    I can relate. Except mine are in the computer room.
    I reach for my 9800 now. A couple times I tried with the PB indoors at night and missed a few good ones.
    Outdoors is great but shes bundled up like that kid in "A Christmas Story".
    01-14-12 08:02 PM
    i can relate. Except mine are in the computer room.
    i reach for my 9800 now. A couple times i tried with the pb indoors at night and missed a few good ones.
    outdoors is great but shes bundled up like that kid in "a christmas story".
    lol :d:d:d
    01-14-12 08:04 PM
    I reach for my 9800 now. A couple times I tried with the PB indoors at night and missed a few good ones.
    yeah but she hasn't shot her eye out yet, has she???

lol, thats a great movie..
    01-14-12 08:06 PM
    You don't have a comouter room? Dude, your really missin out.

Darn you no autocorrecting playbook. one month and that will be fixed tho.
    01-14-12 08:09 PM
    yes a flash would be awesome. but it takes nice pics. and yes once again. take ur pic 2 seconds in advance . cuz its long to snap.
    but apparently its fixed on is2.0 .
    great idea with the phone and the pb .
    01-14-12 08:31 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD