I setup a new BB email address with T-Mobile to use as my BB ID. It was easy to change on my 9700 but the only way to change it on the PlayBook is to do a security wipe it.

What I don't understand is how does App World know it's me? The email address on the PB doesn't match the one that BB has.
    Last edited by EdS817; 06-01-11 at 07:44 PM.
    06-01-11 07:36 PM
    go to the home screen 'help' icon.
    go to the appworld section.
    go down the screen to 'update account information'
    enter your old ID and password
    create a new ID
    lund likes this.
    06-01-11 08:42 PM
    I already changed my BB ID. There's no way to change it on your PlayBook without doing a security wipe which will erase everything I have. Will have to reinstall my apps.
    06-01-11 09:16 PM
    create a new ID
    lol, i wish i knew this yesterday before doing a security wipe to set up a new BB ID
    06-02-11 04:28 AM
    create a new ID
    So I see that link takes you to the BBID website in the browser. If you change the info here does that change your login info on the PlayBook ?

Just curious - if that's the case would make a good blog post.
    06-02-11 08:52 AM
    So I see that link takes you to the BBID website in the browser. If you change the info here does that change your login info on the PlayBook ?

I changed my BBID email address using this approach, and that is all it seems to do. The BBID on the actual device (under About/General tab) still shows the previous BBID. To change the device BBID, (not just the AppWorld email address), I believe a security wipe is required. I had 2 playbooks set up with the same BBID initially and couldn't get them to videochat with each other until I wiped one and gave it a new device BBID.
    06-02-11 12:36 PM
    create a new ID

Eventually. I changed my BB ID on the BlackBerry ID site early yesterday and after seeing the above post I logged into the site from my PB and sometime this morning it changed.

So contrary to BlackBerry you DO NOT have to wipe the PlayBook in order to change your BB ID.
    06-02-11 04:02 PM
    Just to be clear, on your PB, you went into the settings, looked at the about screen and the BlackBerry ID shown is what you changed it to yesterday?

I'm asking cause I get the feeling that you did change your BBID, but only on RIMs system and not on your PlayBook.
    Last edited by TBone4eva; 06-02-11 at 07:57 PM.
    06-02-11 07:54 PM
    i wanted to change my bb id so i went to the website on my cpu changed it when i opened appword on the pb it asked for my password, ive put in the password and that was all... went in settings about and my id changed by it self...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-11 08:04 PM
    To check:
    The Blackberry ID is shown in
    'options '> 'about' > 'general' > 'Blackberry ID'

The 'Help' icon on the home screen > Blackberry App World leads to a browser screen that says:
    "Blackberry ID is your single sign in to Blackberry sites, services, and applications.
    Sign in with your existing Blackberry ID and getting more from your Blackberry experience."
    06-02-11 08:06 PM
    i wanted to change my bb id so i went to the website on my cpu changed it when i opened appword on the pb it asked for my password, ive put in the password and that was all... went in settings about and my id changed by it self...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Can someone confirm this works for them as well?

This would save a lot of time for our firm.
    06-02-11 08:30 PM

That was the first thing I did after changing my ID online. I even added a free app and it just installed it even though it showed my old ID.

But like I said above after going to HELP -> BLACKBERRY APP WORLD -> UPDATE YOU BLACKBERRY ID ACCOUNT INFORMATION it took me to the BB ID website and I logged in with the new ID and several hours later my PB showed the new one.
    06-03-11 07:42 AM

I tried to change the Playbook Device BBID with this method and I can confirm that this DOES NOT WORK. This does not change the BlackBerry ID on the device.

Security wipe is still necessary to change the Device BBID.
    06-04-11 05:34 PM
    Consistent with RIM's instructions:
    KB26694-How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet 0 1353742747
    andy957 likes this.
    06-04-11 11:44 PM
    I changed my ID a few weeks back. It never thought about the playbook ID. After seeing this thread I checked and the playbook is displaying my new ID. I never did a security wipe. I can't say when it changed but it did.
    06-05-11 07:37 AM
    I think it's a bug in the BBID system then.
    06-05-11 07:53 AM
    The method works....just need to login to appworld...if you already are, buy a cheap app and it will change.
    06-12-11 10:53 AM
    They made it way to hard to change it.....
    11-21-11 07:28 PM
    Thank you worked for me..did the above and I went into app world pressed purchase on any app,then a pop up came up and logged in with the new I.D and all is changed..cheers.saved me from doing the wipe was just about too
    D_Whatley likes this.
    12-26-11 04:30 AM
    I already changed my BB ID. There's no way to change it on your PlayBook without doing a security wipe which will erase everything I have. Will have to reinstall my apps.
    This is what I had to do on one of my BB phones as well. Real PITA.
    12-26-11 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD