I've seen a bunch of Honeycomb and other google news coming out of it, but nothing on the playbook. Does anybody know if RIM talked about it at all?
    12-07-10 03:59 PM
    I think Mike L. will be speaking shortly. I'm looking up the schedule but can't find it anywhere.

Last year he spoke for a good 40-45 min so I expect to see/hear SOMETHING today
    12-07-10 04:06 PM
    Oh, it's not over yet? Ok.
    12-07-10 04:08 PM
    Nope. The general session should be going on now so he can come on at anytime.
    12-07-10 04:10 PM
    I think Mike L. will be speaking shortly. I'm looking up the schedule but can't find it anywhere.
    im with you there, not a great site design i dont think, waaay too many links and stuff i jus dont wanna see, i must admit i was hoping they`d have a live feed but cant find one, wont be majorly happy if they cut the vids like they have for all the others of yesterday, makes it hard to get context on everything thats being said
    12-07-10 04:15 PM
    I hear all the HIGHLIGHT videos will be up by the end of the day and full videos will be added soon. Also I saw a tweet from one of the members of D: Dive

Great day so far here at #dmobile! Next up: Greg Harper, Glenn Lurie of AT&T, Jon Rubinstein, & Mike Lazaridis of RIM.

I'm assuming that goes in order. I think Harper was already up...Lurie is on now. I think the general session ends at 5 so Mike should be on at around 3:30-4:00 PST I'm ASSUMING.

Also, Greg Harper pulled out the very first Blackberry and discussed how phones have evolved.

Hmmm...dunno what this is relating to buttt.....

"We’ll be live tweeting from #DMobile today – Stay tuned, we’re going to preview some exciting updates on stage at 4:15 pm PT. Any guesses?"
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 12-07-10 at 04:24 PM.
    12-07-10 04:19 PM
    Wow good to hear others are also waiting for news from this, At first i thought it was over, but then i realized that SF is 3 hours behind my time zone, I hope Mike Lazaridis shows off something new or at least gives us some good info
    12-07-10 04:32 PM
    i have been trying to find info on this but cant. hey cx any surprises comming today at this event?
    12-07-10 04:38 PM
    lol cx most likely wont post anything in the next few hours...just wait I think Mike's going on in about an hour. I think there's some live blogging going on under certain people on the d dive website.
    12-07-10 04:42 PM
    whats the web address? you never know when cx is listening
    12-07-10 04:46 PM
    Wow good to hear others are also waiting for news from this, At first i thought it was over, but then i realized that SF is 3 hours behind my time zone, I hope Mike Lazaridis shows off something new or at least gives us some good info
    haha iv been keeping an eye on this all day as im in the uk so i always get confused by the time difference lol

lol cx most likely wont post anything in the next few hours...just wait I think Mike's going on in about an hour. I think there's some live blogging going on under certain people on the d dive website.
    ye i found a liveblog of the woman from google who was one of the first on today i think, just makes me mad that the content of their site (by that i mean the actual text to read) is less than a third the width of my screen, kinda feels a waste
    12-07-10 04:48 PM
    D: Dive Into Mobile Conference Overview | AllThingsD

If you click the individual bloggers they have different articles/live blogs going on.
    12-07-10 04:49 PM
    i think this is going to be good mike is going on last i think that coulkd mean somthing good!!!!
    12-07-10 05:55 PM
    Looks like he the last speaker of the event. That alone makes me feel like we are going to get some good news out of it. kinda like saving the best for last.
    12-07-10 05:56 PM
    Ignore the exciting news at 4:15 bit. I think that was just Jawbone tweeting. I thought it was a blogger from D: Dive. Sorry guys! But Mike's still speaking soon

Seems a lot of speakers are bringing out devices to show so we should at least see the Playbook.
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 12-07-10 at 06:01 PM.
    12-07-10 05:59 PM
    its going to be good guys. they are saving the best for last!!!!!!
    12-07-10 06:07 PM
    So Greg Harper, Glenn Lurie and Jon Rubinstein have all spoken. All that's left of the list I pasted is Big Mike!

aaaandd he's up!

Live Blogs:

RIM Co-CEO Mike Lazaridis, Live At Dive Into Mobile | Peter Kafka | MediaMemo | AllThingsD

Mike Lazaridis live at D: Dive Into Mobile (with the PlayBook!) -- Engadget <---- (With Pics!)

He's got a live Playbook showing some various apps.

Videos should be up later
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 12-07-10 at 06:33 PM.
    12-07-10 06:28 PM
    Give me an S3 demo please, sick of the PB demo's
    12-07-10 06:39 PM
    Seems Mike isn't budging as far as more powerful phones/os goes. They keep asking him about newer phones and he's making it sound like tablets are all they're going for....an interesting thing...

4:40PM Kara: So you're saying that the strategy of Google and Apple -- making the phone with video and audio, that's not the right direction?

Mike: We're going to see different categories. You're going to see smartphones taking on multicore processing, you're going to see powerful tablets...

12-07-10 06:45 PM
    Sweet, once again RIM won't give any of us any idea of what is going on with new phones. Guess we gotta wait till CES. I just don't see the big deal, why can't he give us a hint of SOMETHING
    12-07-10 06:48 PM
    Mike's REALLY dodging these questions. I hope it's because the announcement's at CES.

4:52PM
    Walt: What is the price of the PlayBook?
    Mike: It's going to be very competitive.
    Walt: How soon will it get into a smartphone?
    Mike: As soon as I have dual core baseband CPUs.

4:59PM Mike: Here's another way of looking at it. If it's 1GHz now, it'll be 2GHz next year... we're bypassing the arms race and going straight to multicore. We're going to lead the way in an environment where we can scale properly without burning up the battery.

:-O

Am I looking way too into this? lol
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 12-07-10 at 07:02 PM.
    12-07-10 06:53 PM
    So no release date, no prices, and another short demo going through the bbc video and a couple of apps? Disappointing.
    12-07-10 06:55 PM
    That PR from Mike was terrible he didn't answer sh!t, gave no info on direction of the company and no exciting news. It's almost like he's confused at where RIM is going and not sure what to say. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.
    Seriously that interview almost makes me wanna sell my RIM stock, say screw the S3 and the PB and go elsewhere. It was the terrible.
    12-07-10 07:11 PM
    I saw it completely differently. He mentioned multicore processing several times. Maybe I'm being too unrealistic but I like the direction they're going with the arms race talk.

He was definitely evading questions but I definitely see the S3 having dual core now.

Also, by "Playbook will come in different sizes"....I take it as the phones being those different sizes. It's smarter for the announcements to come at CES.

It'll be a much bigger surprise and there will be coverage everywhere for it.
    12-07-10 07:14 PM
    I actually thought he dodged too many questions. I was hoping for at least a morsal, to hold me over.

Getting sick of all my iPad friends asking me when the playbook will finally show up...
    12-07-10 07:34 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD