After upgrading both my os and my bridge app, I cannot open ANY email attachments. i used to have no problem opening pdf and word attachments. now they download, but the "push to open" button does nothing.

Anyone else?

I am on BES with a 9700.
    07-21-11 02:41 PM
    Try to delete the pair, and restart both, and then re-pairing again.
    Otherwise, every BES user should contact the IT department regarding Bridge usage.
    Perhaps the new apps have new policies? I don't know for sure.
    07-21-11 02:55 PM
    i'm having similar problems. i am not able to open pdf email attachments on bridge. also though all photos on my media card opened previously they have disappeared. I am using 9700 w ota 5.** bridge. I reinstalled and rebridged twice. also bridge files show the strange 1969 date others have reported.
    07-21-11 04:55 PM
    i can open all the normal attachment filetypes (including zip files). go to ur Playbook options>bluetooth and delete ur Berry from the list, then reboot both devices. when they r back up go thru the normal bridge process and u should be good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    zelz12 likes this.
    07-21-11 04:58 PM
    This update has completely screwed up my PB AND my 9700. My 9700 will now only load in "safe mode". If I try to restart normally, I get a grey screen an instant after the blackberry progress bar starts.

Tried uninistalling and reinstalling bridge.

I am really starting to hate RIM.

Their updates have now been three steps back.
    07-21-11 05:07 PM
    deleted bb 9700 from paired device list then rebooted both devices then rebridged as recommended and all bridge files as well as media card appear normal but still can't read a pdf email attachment that reads normally on the bb.
    07-21-11 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD