Attachment 163599

Lol really surprised I still have this photo.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    How does that picture prove anything but people standing in line?
    05-20-13 12:30 PM
    How does that picture prove anything but people standing in line?
    Dude, that is the line for the first time Dev Alphas were handed out. Watch GShaneC's YouTube videos, he posts here and he was the first in line.
    05-20-13 12:42 PM
    Wow. Just wow.
    Really guys, come on.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    05-20-13 12:42 PM
    Wow. Just wow.
    Really guys, come on.
    He wanted proof. Lol
    ihys likes this.
    05-20-13 12:44 PM
    Are peeps still thinking it's coming to play book? Really??! Maybe if this was last summer and they were yammering about it...but now...a year after the stock dried up and there is still no update?

I'd be holding out for world peace first..better chance at happening

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 12:50 PM
    >>1) First of all check what amount of RAM other mobile OS require...If BB 10 really needs 2GB, then it is ahead of it's time...in a very negative way.

Most of them are coming with at least 2 gig. HTC One, Optimus LG Pro, Galaxy S4 and others.

>>2) Lagacy hardware yes or not, they made a promise and they should keep it. Look how long Apple supports its leagcy hardware

They should own up to it, say they screwed up, and life goes on.

>>NO! We complain because our rightful questions were ignored...seems you and others don't get that

Your correct, I don't get it. You are entitled to feel as you will..
    05-20-13 12:50 PM
    expected. just wanted to see what lame excuse you were going to come up with.

must feel good to lie online and waste your own time
    WOW: Another person posted to this thread and I posted a link to someone who showed actual pictures and you call me a liar. I guess you have told everyone that had a Dev Alpha device and loaded BB10 that they are liars also. Oh well, I feel sorry for you.
    05-20-13 12:51 PM
    I have several playbooks and as much as I would like to see BB10 running on it, IMHO it's just not gonna happen.
    It remains to be seen. I think they can get it working if they choose to do so. Question will be whether they fulfill the promise and do so.

My gut says that if they have a newer tablet in the works, it will come as part of that, with a version intended for current PlayBooks as a by-product.
    05-20-13 01:02 PM
    LOL. Someone else said it existed, but I don't see you going after them to post a picture. We all know that 1GB devices running BB10 exist (Dev Alpha), so what is the point? Or are you going to tell everyone that they don't exist either? I don't need you to judge my internet credibility. Do you have that much power? I am satisfied that those people who had Dev Alpha devices and put BB10 on them and those that have Q10 devices with BB10.1 and 1GB know that I am telling the truth. They know that BB10 can run on 1GB of RAM. I don't have to prove anything to you.
    expected. just wanted to see what lame excuse you were going to come up with.

must feel good to lie online and waste your own time
    05-20-13 01:17 PM
    I'm not sure how it even matters who has what or wants to show photos. Still won't change the discussion as to whether playbook will get OS10 so does it really matter?

Or are we going to start getting upset because someone on the internet doesn't agree with someone else on the internet. I mean really..... it's the internet! lol

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 06:00 PM
    I'll say it never comes to PlayBook. We can all quote my post as an annoyance in another few months..not happening.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 06:09 PM
    I agree, I personally think it's all smoke and mirrors. An update to fix a few bits would be nice but even then I'm not 100% convinced that will happen, although it may be possible if they want to not look like they said one thing and did another ( best add in my opinion in case anyone gets upset). By my reckoning they will let the Playbook slip over time as quietly as possible into the background and then hope to let it drift into obscurity.

I still like mine, yes there are a few minor niggles still but I'll live. Would be disappointed if I was right though because as i've said before if you don't want to do it, don't say you will.

Time will tell, either way I shan't lose any sleep

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 06:22 PM
    I don't really care if it needs 5gb of ram to run. You promised it, you better deliver. That's it.
    Nice one sexybabe

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 08:02 PM
    Can someone just email Thorsten? People used to email Steve Jobs all the time and he'd reply.

Gotta love Steve - was always forthright and clear with customers, unlike this ridiculous PlayBook situation...

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 08:04 PM
    Does blackberry consider the playbook a legacy device, in the same light as bb 7 phones?
    Not at all BBOS still gets updated and is not completely ignored.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    yueytan likes this.
    05-20-13 08:11 PM
    Wasn't QNX supposed to work fast on modest hardware? How come BB10 now needs 2G+ or RAM and dual core processors?

BB10 was promised A LOT for the PB on BB social networks, if they back out of it now I don't know. PB doesn't need the Hub, it just needs to run BB10 apps, that's all.
    The QNX OS runs on very modest hardware. It is the BlackBerry operating systems that use the QNX kernel (BlackBerry tablet OS and BlackBerry 10) that need the big resources.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    05-21-13 01:03 AM
    Came across a very positive review of the PlayBook randomly: BlackBerry PlayBook review - Pocket-lint

4 out of 5 stars even before OS 2.0 back in May 2011! However, one quote is telling...

"Ultimately, it�s early days for the PlayBook, if RIM can live up to their promises this is one tablet that could be the main set for businesses everywhere. But if those promises aren�t kept and the apps fail to materialise you�ll be left with something that�s really only good for surfing the web."

This is mostly correct, aside from the part about the PlayBook being really only good for surfing the web. It's rubbish at that too. Time to deliver on the BB10 promise RIM!!!!
    sam_b77 likes this.
    05-22-13 04:23 AM
    HMMM I'm stuck on what to do. Have had my PlayBook for a very long time, fell in love with it when I first saw it after being accepted for my BlackBerry job but now I only use it for emails and sending invoices. My browser is f*ck!ng annoying (lag, freezes and black screen) and my keyboard lags.....hard, my wi-fi keeps losing connection but that could be my internet. The apps.......I like the apps actually it just needs more, I love the speakers and the screen.

I do think that the promise of OS10 was a + that made my decision to purchase it but I and many other people I know are still waiting...It might not be as popular as the iPad but I know many people who bought the PlayBook because of the price and the UI, after a while they stop using it or give it to their kids.

I'm not sure what's in OS10 that will help boost attraction in the PlayBook but it better come. Promises aren't meant to be broken especially from a company as big as BlackBerry.
    Last edited by MC_A_DOT; 05-22-13 at 08:17 AM.
    05-22-13 04:49 AM
    I'm disappointed that there have been no updates to the PB's OS. I'm disappointed that the browser that was once touted as the class of mobile browsers is crap compared to other mobile devices today. I'll be really disappointed if it turns out that the PB doesn't get some flavor of BB10 or other sort of upgrade that the hardware is most worthy of. Nonetheless, despite all that, there still isn't another tablet I'd rather own.
    05-22-13 07:03 AM
    I do chuckle at @UK_BlackBerry on twitter, their feed repeatedly has the stock "We do not have any further update to our plans for BB10 on Playbook at this time" reply because clearly people are asking them over and over again the same question.
    05-22-13 09:08 AM
    The promise of BB10 on the playbook was a marketing ploy so that the retailers that still had stock could move them out, it worked places around me sold out in about a week of the original announcement. I consider myself lucky that Staples sold out before I bought one.
    05-22-13 02:21 PM
    If all else fails, release the unbeknown PB OS 3.0 or unlock the bootloader.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    05-23-13 03:47 PM
172 ... 567