05-23-13 04:47 PM
172 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I have more than three running at a time. So you aren't talking the truth.
    Yes he is. Try running let's golf while keeping a few other apps open...good luck.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:30 PM
    good you guarantee it, but too bad i didn't put up anything against his. in fact i didn't put up anything. i asked the other poster to show a screenshot.

maybe tried following the thread before you make stupid claim about rep or not.

also, new poster or not, does it matter. should i suck up to ppl with high post count? or their post matter more?

judging by your post count and your post quality i can clearly see the answer is no.
    Look at bucks contributions. They speak for themselves.
    05-16-13 03:26 PM
    good you guarantee it, but too bad i didn't put up anything against his. in fact i didn't put up anything. i asked the other poster to show a screenshot.

maybe tried following the thread before you make stupid claim about rep or not.

also, new poster or not, does it matter. should i suck up to ppl with high post count? or their post matter more?

judging by your post count and your post quality i can clearly see the answer is no.
    No one asked you to suck up.
    You were told to look into a user before you say they're full of it. It's not about quantity, I have had the luxury of reading many of his posts over the years. It's about quality.
    Buck has been a very useful contributing member of this community for a long time.he can be trusted.
    There's a difference between working and working well. He never said it worked as fast as the Q.
    As far as the quality of my posts, I assure you that I've been a bigger asset to this community than you so far.
    Last edited by stabstabdie; 05-16-13 at 03:45 PM.
    05-16-13 03:27 PM
    When I bought my PlayBook I didn't know they were plans to bring BlackBerry 10 to the PlayBook. I don't mind that BB10 isn't going to PlayBook. I do have a Z10 since launch date. I still use my PlayBook all the time. That being said, they did make a promise and they should keep it. I'm not a programmer and know nothing about it. But, if there is a reason that they're not bringing BB10 to PlayBook they should say why. Perhaps it was more difficult than they first thought. But, they said they would continue supporting legacy devices. I hope that when they say legacy devices that would include the PlayBook.

Agreed, if bb10 doesn't run well enough on 1GB, then just flat out say so. Job done.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 04:05 PM
    I still hope Kevin will release BB10 for PB soon :-(
    05-16-13 04:08 PM
    No one asked you to suck up.
    You were told to look into a user before you say they're full of it. It's not about quantity, I have had the luxury of reading many of his posts over the years. It's about quality.
    Buck has been a very useful contributing member of this community for a long time.he can be trusted.
    There's a difference between working and working well. He never said it worked as fast as the Q.
    As far as the quality of my posts, I assure you that I've been a bigger asset to this community than you so far.
    yes great if you think u are a better poster than me. you can have that title. i dont really care.

what i do want to see is a screenshot or a video.

maybe then we can have some hope for the playbook.
    05-16-13 04:58 PM
    yes great if you think u are a better poster than me. you can have that title. i dont really care.

what i do want to see is a screenshot or a video.

maybe then we can have some hope for the playbook.
    Wooooooo!! I have the title!!!

Ps. no one likes a quitter
    Last edited by stabstabdie; 05-17-13 at 02:56 PM.
    05-16-13 05:07 PM
    I genuinely would be interested and excited to see a 1GB Q10 if they do exist. I've never heard of that device mentioned before. I like rare phones. My Dev Alphas are rare, the A is 1 of 5,000, while my C is 1 of only 1,500.

But, a 1GB Q10 must be in a whole different category of rare. Seems like a person would want to show people that. The Q10 has been announced and launched, so there shouldn't be a embargo or NDA to worry about. And according to Bluenoser, he has at least 2 phones. He claims to have a LEZ10 along with the Q10. The LEZ10 comes with a camera. Why not snap a pic or a take a video of it in action? If I had a phone that unique, I would be cool enough to let people see it if they wanted too. Doesn't make much sense keeping it hidden.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    05-16-13 05:37 PM
    BlackBerry probably has something else in the pipeline that's even better. Have patience...well more

CB10 on Verizon Z10
    05-16-13 06:04 PM
    Cmon BBRY, don't leave us PB guys out to dry?

Show us a wee bit of wuv?
    05-16-13 06:12 PM
    My Playbook doesn't need the hub or the BB10 UI, in fact the PlayBook UI is perfect since it is a landscaped oriented device. I do however need the improved BB10 browser, improved Android app player, and support for BB10 apps. If they just do that, throw in a 10.X version number, then they will have lived up to their word. If they just abandon the product with no BB10 improvements at all, then it will put Thor in the same used car salesman category and Jim B, and if that happens everyone will be screaming BlackBerry is the same old RIM!
    05-17-13 09:03 AM
    My Playbook doesn't need the hub or the BB10 UI, in fact the PlayBook UI is perfect since it is a landscaped oriented device. I do however need the improved BB10 browser, improved Android app player, and support for BB10 apps. If they just do that, throw in a 10.X version number, then they will have lived up to their word. If they just abandon the product with no BB10 improvements at all, then it will put Thor in the same used car salesman category and Jim B, and if that happens everyone will be screaming BlackBerry is the same old RIM!
    That's exactly what I need/want on my PlayBook, especially as I bought quite a few BB10 apps and games that otherwise I'll probably not use anymore as I'm back on Legacy.
    05-17-13 09:24 AM
    I think they sold quite a few PlayBooks on the BB10 promise, I remember a lot of people asking them if it will get BB10 on their facebook page and they always responded with yes it will.
    05-17-13 09:25 AM
    Wow, with threads like this it's no wonder I'm visiting CrackBerry less and less.
    05-17-13 09:47 AM
    I genuinely would be interested and excited to see a 1GB Q10 if they do exist. I've never heard of that device mentioned before. I like rare phones. My Dev Alphas are rare, the A is 1 of 5,000, while my C is 1 of only 1,500.

But, a 1GB Q10 must be in a whole different category of rare. Seems like a person would want to show people that. The Q10 has been announced and launched, so there shouldn't be a embargo or NDA to worry about. And according to Bluenoser, he has at least 2 phones. He claims to have a LEZ10 along with the Q10. The LEZ10 comes with a camera. Why not snap a pic or a take a video of it in action? If I had a phone that unique, I would be cool enough to let people see it if they wanted too. Doesn't make much sense keeping it hidden.

going to assume Bluenoser63 will disappear for a while or wait until this thread dies
    05-17-13 12:59 PM
    That's for sure...

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 01:31 PM
    seriously. u have time to keep responding and reading the thread but you can't shut everyone up by just posting a simple picture?

even though this is the internet, everyone are mult-billionaire with super hot gf/wife, you still need pic or gtfo.

simple as that

in b4 " i don't need to show you anything, believe it or not"
    In my own case, I don't actually have my Dev Alpha anymore. I got to trade in for an LE. And I won't pretend that BB10 didn't have issues on 1GB either, but those issues are addressable.

From the awesome virtual keyboard of my Z10
    05-17-13 01:39 PM
    Issues like it grinding to a halt with three apps or more open? Or rebooting because there isn't enough ram in it. Check your phone after you open a few apps...your die. between 750-850 mgs of ram left...on a PlayBook that would be game over

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 01:49 PM
    It didn't "grind to a halt". Apps would force-close, but BB10 itself didn't crash. BB may need to implement a limit of 4 Active Frames.

05-17-13 02:29 PM
    Folks, since Thor said as late as early March that he had teams of people working on BB10 for Playbook and in April said tablets would die in 5 years, I'm wondering if the introduction of the Z10 in that timeframe made him decide that he needed to make BBM cross platform in order to evangelize into the vast no customers already lost over the past few years to IOS and Android and hopefully drive more phone customers to his company. Thus he pulled the teams off playbook to put them on BBM (and of course the upcoming phones).
    05-17-13 02:39 PM
    It didn't "grind to a halt". Apps would force-close, but BB10 itself didn't crash. BB may need to implement a limit of 4 Active Frames.

Semantics. At boot to be left with 250-300 mgs to play with? That's useless in itself. Now we are talking about picking and choosing what apps we can run without it closing?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 02:39 PM
    Wow, with threads like this it's no wonder I'm visiting CrackBerry less and less.
    You mean the thread you've only made one comment in? The one that suggested that the playbook is better than other tablets (I've had mine since launch day, it's not). The ipad is better, as much as it hurts me to say it.
    There are two advantages to having a playbook:
    1. Flash in browser
    2. Hdmi out

That's it. It has no other advantages. None. I will admit, flash is a big deal to me, but hdmi out is small time.
    05-17-13 02:47 PM

I am not into bragging or showing off. The Dev Alpha had 1GB of RAM and was able to run BB10 and wasn't a dog. I was even able to run Angry Birds Star Wars on my Dev Alpha with BB10 and only 1GB. BB10 isn't much different than OS 2.1 except for the HUB (which isn't needed in a Playbook version) and it's GUI which is more or less additional libraries. You can take my word for it or not, I don't care. I will stand by my statements.
    05-18-13 10:39 PM
    Issues like it grinding to a halt with three apps or more open? Or rebooting because there isn't enough ram in it. Check your phone after you open a few apps...your die. between 750-850 mgs of ram left...on a PlayBook that would be game over

Posted via CB10
    You know this how? Have you tried to run a BB10 device with 1GB or RAM or are you just guessing.
    05-18-13 10:42 PM
    I am not into bragging or showing off. The Dev Alpha had 1GB of RAM and was able to run BB10 and wasn't a dog. I was even able to run Angry Birds Star Wars on my Dev Alpha with BB10 and only 1GB. BB10 isn't much different than OS 2.1 except for the HUB (which isn't needed in a Playbook version) and it's GUI which is more or less additional libraries. You can take my word for it or not, I don't care. I will stand by my statements.
    I've ran BB10 on 1GB of RAM. I know how it runs. You can tell me otherwise as much as you want, but I know how it runs with just 1GB of ram. Remember, you foolishly doubted if I had a Dev Alpha device. Yeah I've had them and I sorda convincingly proved that I had them. Something you still haven't done.

You continually question if people have used a Dev Alpha or a 1GB BlackBerry 10 device, but you've yet to offer a single bit of evidence that you have used one yourself. In fact, you've yet to show any evidence that you've used a BlackBerry 10 device at all. So stand by your statements all you want, but on the interwebs, talk is cheap and photos are rather easy to take.

Bottom line, at this point I don't care about your claims of how BB10 runs with 1GB of Ram. I just think it's funny that you claim to have these devices yet can offer no proof at all to back up those claims. Dude, seriously it is called volume up and down. Try it out. It will take a screen shot of anything on your screen. You honestly can't manage to do that?

BTW, here is some more proof of my claims. Wow, two BB10 devices using more than 1gb of RAM.

No BlackBerry 10 for the PlayBook?!-img_20130516_131019-1-.jpg

Case closed! The full BB10 OS needs more than 1GB of RAM to function properly.

05-18-13 11:41 PM
172 ... 23456 ...