According to Engadget new, BBM won't (at first) come to Tablet PCs.
    05-16-13 12:46 PM
    That article doesn't mention anything about the PB.
    05-16-13 01:07 PM
    BBM app for iOS and Android won't run on tablets at first

Tablet users eager to hop on the BBM bandwagon with BlackBerry's standalone app will have to tamper down their enthusiasm. Vivek Bhardwaj, head of the BlackBerry Software Portfolio, told TrustedReviews that the company will focus exclusively on smartphones running iOS 6 and Android 4.0 or above for this summer's launch. "Smartphone is our real focus and again it comes back to what BBM is. If you look [at] BBM and the engagement and the activity, it's because it is mobile, because people are on the go," Bhardwaj said. Meaning, iPad owners will be bereft of a tablet-supported BBM app until BlackBerry sees fit to develop one. There might still be hope for BBM on larger screens at some point, though. Perhaps hinting at BlackBerry's plans for the future, Bhardwaj said, "I think when you look at things like Smart TVs and desktops, those are definitely areas for exploration."
    05-16-13 01:11 PM
    Yes not even their very own tablet. Go figure.
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-16-13 01:17 PM
    Just pointing out the sensational thread title doesn't match the story.
    05-16-13 01:23 PM
    Yes not even their very own tablet. Go figure.
    Maybe we could sideload the version intended for Android. Would a bar file work on PB's version of Android player?

That is intended as a serious question BTW, though I'll admit the irony of having to ask it....

BBM on iPhone and Android, but not on the Blackberry Playbook. Go figure indeed.

I guess this is how my red-headed nephews see the world. LOL
    05-16-13 01:26 PM
    No not unless PlayBook runtime is updated to 4.0 which could, maybe, possibly....who am I kidding its never gonna happen It's nice they can comment on BBM for IOS and Android tablets but won't say a word about plans for PlayBook. Way to go BlackBerry *applause *
    Maybe we could sideload the version intended for Android. Would a bar file work on PB's version of Android player?

That is intended as a serious question BTW, though I'll admit the irony of having to ask it....

BBM on iPhone and Android, but not on the Blackberry Playbook. Go figure indeed.

I guess this is how my red-headed nephews see the world. LOL
    05-16-13 06:40 PM
    It makes me smile to think that BBM (developed to another platform) will be sideloaded to BlackBerry's PlayBook...

BlackBerry shouldn't be smiling for that...

Posted via Z10
    05-16-13 07:06 PM
    I agree how messed up this is. its said blackberry reads these forums, but there is no evidence that the playbook section gets a look. so many users and no news comes our way. for all we know we have seen all the updates that playbook will see and native bbm was never apart of it. just wish there was news every 3 months giving a status or things in development. sorry if this hijacked the thread

Sent from an ATM
    05-16-13 07:19 PM
    As the time pass, I'll be very tempted to send my Playbook straight to Thor and thanking him for not bringing BBM to Playbook instead I have to get the tablet from Samsung or Apple to use BBM. Since he claimed tablets is not the future of mobile computing. I'll have to agree that if he only speak for Playbook alone.
    05-16-13 08:19 PM