Perhaps they should first sort out how to get Bridge to work with their own hardware before they start mucking around with my toaster.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-05-13 08:51 AM
    Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe it would have reminded me I ran out of milk and needed both red onion and red cabbage. But do I want them suggesting which brands I want? Do I want to have to press a "button" to bypass the Ad to open my fridge like I now have to do on certain Youtube videos? And do I want hackers to know I have not opened my fridge in a week because my house is empty as I'm on vacation?

Frivolous concerns? Maybe? Maybe not.
    Well. Did you get this view from empirical evidence of using an Android enabled refrigerator? Can we not have an intelligent conversation on Crackberry? I suspect any product manager that tried put out that type of fridge would get fired before the product was release.

Also, IOT is not just about "smart appliances" for your home. Of which your example is very poor. The general case of smart appliance is regulating energy use in conjunction with smart meters, times of year, etc. The larger context of IOT has wide ranging uses. eg. smart sensors on road that determine traffic patterns they let vehicles determine better routes. Smart sensors in the electrical grid that make use of weather patterns, back-flow demand, and behavioral data to router more a less electricity to a certain area. M2M or IOT is about embedding intelligence into machines that make better choices faster with larger amounts of data than can be grasped by humans. Providing a webpage or youtube on a fridge is simplistic at best and orthogonal at worst.
    Last edited by jcsf123; 07-05-13 at 12:14 PM.
    07-05-13 11:39 AM
    Really ??? Needless insults??
    Last edited by Cynycl; 07-05-13 at 04:50 PM.
    07-05-13 11:49 AM
    Really ??? Needless insults??

How wonderfully contemptuous of you. I must go study your other 45 posts, the wisdom I must be missing could probably make everything right with the world.
    Your right. I edited my post. Thank you for pointing this out.
    Cynycl likes this.
    07-05-13 12:14 PM
    Well. Did you get this view from empirical evidence of using an Android enabled refrigerator? Can we not have an intelligent conversation on Crackberry? I suspect any product manager that tried put out that type of fridge would get fired before the product was release.

Also, IOT is not just about "smart appliances" for your home. Of which your example is very poor. The general case of smart appliance is regulating energy use in conjunction with smart meters, times of year, etc. The larger context of IOT has wide ranging uses. eg. smart sensors on road that determine traffic patterns they let vehicles determine better routes. Smart sensors in the electrical grid that make use of weather patterns, back-flow demand, and behavioral data to router more a less electricity to a certain area. M2M or IOT is about embedding intelligence into machines that make better choices faster with larger amounts of data than can be grasped by humans. Providing a webpage or youtube on a fridge is simplistic at best and orthogonal at worst.
    Skynet...*shudders*
    07-05-13 01:26 PM
    More like, teenage script kiddies hacking my electricity meter and gas meter to blow up my house!
    jcsf123 likes this.
    07-05-13 08:52 PM
    Really? Do you have data to back it up. Vxworks was way more pervasive when they competed head to head. Other than some cars and a few other oems its not everywhere. In fact, this market will be eroded by Android. Forester and gartner are predicting android to dominate in embedded markets.
    Right back at ya. Do you have any data to back this up?
    07-06-13 02:53 PM
    Right back at ya. Do you have any data to back this up?
    Yes, check out the PDF I supplied in this forum post. The analyst reports are not public domain but here is a similar article http://www.eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1263083 . Now please provide data to back up your claims.
    Last edited by jcsf123; 07-07-13 at 01:43 PM.
    07-07-13 01:22 PM
    It seems like BB10 is the most un-optimized OS.. QNX is known for its stability and not being resource hungry. So its clear that BlackBerry developers clearly have no clue to develop the OS. They have made BB10 so clunky and made 2 GB as a minimum requirement. iPad2 is also as old as PlayBook yet it receives the latest ios 7 update. Even the cheapo android tablets can run ICS or JB. Please let me enlighten me why does BB10 require 2 GB RAM? BlackBerry developers have really failed in creating a QNX based OS! I believe PB can just run BB10 fine without a problem, but Thor the !diot wants to kill the PlayBook to focus on smartphones. He has no respect for loyal BlackBerry users! Z10 will be shelved after Aristo is released! CB fans will continue justify the company!
    Same as Microsoft buying Danger, they would not listen to the Danger staff - they all left and Microsoft killed Danger then the Danger servers off (read the world biggest IT software company did not utilise all its WWW servers and back up if you will be a ***** to believe that) what a waste...

They learnt from it though how they handled the purchase and after management - and Blacksoft will a come
    07-07-13 03:25 PM
    Perhaps they should first sort out how to get Bridge to work with their own hardware before they start mucking around with my toaster.
    More chance you get a bridge to your toaster than any BB MOBILE PHONE device
    07-07-13 03:26 PM
35 12