They're in a difficult position with the lack of BB10 devices sales and need to focus on growth, not making some faithful users happy.
    The failure to keep faithful BlackBerry users happy will not end well for BlackBerry nor the Liar from Bavaria. My organization has dumped BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 and with the announcement that BlackBerry PlayBook is end-of-life product fewer BlackBerry users in the future.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    kbz1960, nube_android and FF22 like this.
    06-28-13 07:40 PM
    Rocking out to Sirius XM on my Playbook right now then I may use RDP to connect to my work PC and take care of a few things then I may convert a movie to MP4 and watch it later or stream a sporting event on my Playbook. All while bridged to my 9810. Not really missing BB10....
    But for those of us whom bought a BlackBerry 10 smartphone we have lost much of the BlackBerry Bridge functionality you still enjoy.

06-28-13 07:58 PM
    What's the big deal? I mean, didn you know it wasn't coming months ago - due to system spec. limitations? Why is anyone surprised? It still works they way it is. It would be a slug with BB10 on it.
    06-28-13 08:31 PM
    I'm still keeping my Playbook. OS10 or not won't matter nor does it matter to me. I'm still gonna use it for what I use it for. My opinion. Will I keep this tablet forever? Of course not. Will I look at an Apple or Android? Sure. I actually do play around with the iPad Minis and the Galaxy tabs from time to time, but the size of the Playbook is what's keeping me on the Playbook for now. I hope everyone realizes that the Playbook was the "prototype" (if that's the right word?) for the current QNX powered BB10 smartphones and was light years ahead when it was released, though tragically half-baked. And for those wishing Blackberry to just die, well, that's obviously yinz' opinions. Same story, different day. We all react differently to news. Don't get me wrong, I'm a little disappointed that OS10 isn't coming to the Playbook when they said it would, but I'm not SURPRISED by the news. It's not gonna stop me from using my Playbook for what I use it for. The gestures and things are still very similar on the Playbook and OS10. I am also a little sad that there haven't been too many updates to the Playbook or the apps/games as there used to be, but I understand that BB's focus needs to be on OS10 at this point. I do hope that we will get the next OS 2.2 or whatever incremental Playbook updates.

Still rocking my Playbook/9930 combo. Yinz are free to leave and try other platforms. No one's gonna beat you up for it. As I typically say in my posts, life goes on. Technology changes every second, every minute. We will never catch up to the latest, greatest because it will be surpassed by the next latest and greatest. I don't work for BB, I don't own stock, I don't wish death on any company. I can come and go and buy whatever product I please. I understand many of you feel jilted and feel that BB once again screwed you or gave you a broken promise. But hey, that's life.
    I completely agree! Couldn't have said it any better, AMEN!
    06-28-13 08:50 PM
    BlackBerry PlayBook: BlackBerry 10 never coming | BGR

Time to shop for an Android tablet. I was just waiting to see what BB10 would be like on the Playbook but seeing as this will not happen I see no reason to stay. Technology progresses and if the Playbook will not be moving forward I will leave it behind. I am sure there will be plenty of Playbook defenders and if you enjoy using your Playbook by all means keep doing so. For me the promise of what the Playbook could have been was never realized. While I love the hardware and how the OS works, there were too many features missing and too few apps. Once I find a suitable replacement I will sell my Playbook. Everything ends. For me, this is where the Playbook ends.
    IMHO, if you're going for an Android tablet, go for a Kindle Fire HD device. Much better and more streamlined towards content and apps then screwing around with a Nexus 7 or 10. Plus, the wifi and speakers are supposedly best in class.
    06-28-13 08:51 PM
    The most disorganised busines plan/model i've ever seen.

Not gonna do what we said cos we can't make our own software work on our own hardware and now we are all about one OS.

Oh and by the way were bringing out a new phone that runs on our old OS.

I thought things were changing but same old disjointed decisions, management platitudes and outright lying.

I can't wait to see all the BBRY fanboys justifying this.
    LOL. I'm sure someone will be able to justify it. Why would there be any questions because now it's considered to be the S.O.S. we've heard/seen from the old RIM and now, the new/improved BlackBerry.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 06-28-13 at 11:28 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-28-13 09:00 PM
    Isn�t the bridge working with the Q10 and Z10? I use the bridge a lot with my 9900 and my wife�s use it a lot with her PB and another 9900.
    They have removed the Bridge apps like email, calendar, memo, tasks, contacts. You can still OPEN ON and you can still use the bb phones for data to the pb.
    06-28-13 10:34 PM
    Funny, I know of nobody who owns anything by RIM.
    That's true for me, too. And I always get questioned WHY!!!! I see why they question me!
    06-28-13 10:37 PM
    What a great disappointment but plans have to change when you are in transition. I should have waited and bought the A10, but who knew.
    06-29-13 07:17 AM
    First, I'm glad I sold mine 2 weeks ago. I have a Note 8 now and its leaps and bounds beyond the PB.

But people will bash BB now that they have abandoned BB10 for the PB, but look at the facts. They had a net loss of $84 million. And chances are that is likely optimistic as their accountants used accounting methods to soften the blow of their less than stellar results. How can one expect a company who is barely keeping their heads above water to release a new OS for a tablet that is over 2 years old and was a flop from the start. BB has bigger problems than satisfying a few die-hards on these forums, no offense. They better hope their Q10 has better results during Q2.

I tried the Z10. I was not impressed. It limits functionality. I can't even organize bookmarks for crying out loud. My GS3 is way beyond, way way way beyond, that of the Z10. The Z10 can't even come close. LIke others have said, they need to focus on their corporate customers but given the BYOD movement, people are going to choose their own device over a BB device. As soon as BYOD is available in my workplace, and the time is coming, I am ditching my Curve for good. I rarely use it anyway. My workplace will not get rid of BB entirely, but will only have a minimum number of employees who just need email on the go using (old) BB devices.
    06-29-13 07:36 AM
    I expected as much, Im still waiting for os 6.1 on my 9780...once my contract runs out see you BB you rocked it in '08 though
    06-29-13 08:00 AM
    Too many broken promises. Too many wasted opportunities on the part of BlackBerry - opportunities to gain new, loyal customers.

I love my PlayBook and use it often. I feel like it's a fantastic value for the price I paid. I would still be happy with my purchase even if it never received another OS update (which it probably won't).

But will I invest any more of my hard-earned money into other BlackBerry products? Absolutely not. As great as the products might be, I cannot take the risk of supporting a company that cannot (or will not) keep its promises - or at the very minimum, cannot (or will not) communicate with its customers and let them know what is really going on. It's deceptive. It's dishonest. And if they can do such things with the PlayBook, I have no reason to believe they will approach their other products any differently.

For a time, I was seriously considering getting a Z10 or Q10, but I decided to give Windows Phone a shot before making a final decision. Now I'm glad I waited.

I'll probably keep my PlayBook until it fades into complete obsolescence or dies. It's just that good of a device. But it will always be a painful reminder of BlackBerry's broken promises and what could have been.
    RS_Ford and FF22 like this.
    06-29-13 08:50 AM
    I hope they counter balance that news with news of a new PlayBook coming.
    Actually they announced all development on future playbooks has been halted.
    06-29-13 10:13 AM
    But for those of us whom bought a BlackBerry 10 smartphone we have lost much of the BlackBerry Bridge functionality you still enjoy.

Yea that was disappointing. Waited forever for sms texting and here comes Bb10 and I lose it again. Lost many features.

I kinda feel like I've been played a fool for several years.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-29-13 10:19 AM
    I kinda feel like I've been played a fool for several years.
    I was holding out hope that BlackBerry would come through on this. I think we've been more than patient and understanding while they've undergone restructuring, etc. But if it wasn't blatantly obvious that they had no intention of keeping their promises, it certainly is now.

I don't want to buy more products from a company I don't trust to deliver what they say they are going to deliver, when they say they are going to deliver it. I've given them the benefit of the doubt time and time again, hoping that things would turn around. It's never happened.

I'll keep enjoying my PlayBook for now, as it is a fantastic device for the (current) price, but BlackBerry just lost whatever hope they had of getting any more business from me.
    06-29-13 12:36 PM
    BB is a company that truly deserves to go bankrupt. They have an innept management who thinks that cheating current customers and focusing on the future will increase revenue. Wake up! You are light years behind IOS and Android.

I said several times in this forum that your hardware is as good as your software is. Well, PB software sucks big time compared with my iPad. I hoped for only one thing: BB fo fix the internet browser. Mine is losing connection so many times that makes everyting you want to watch online not watchable. Well, this is not going to happen so is time the PB to hit the bin.

I am laughing now that here there were people buying BB shares and counting the days when the BB10 launch will make them zillionaires. Yeah, right. Z10 is an average terminal, with a limited app base. Why is Z10 better than my iPhone or an Android phone? Or even a Windows Phone?

This is the last blow that BB will deal to his customer base. And if you are a BB fan, good luck. All that you may see from now is bad software and bad service. BB is a company going down. So they need now to over optimize the costs. They will fire more staff, put crappy components in the HW and try to present their prodcts as the Holly Grail of communications. In reality is old technology sold in a shining case.

I own two PB. I believed at a point in time that they will give a meaning to this tablet. But now is time to part ways. I already integrated one Ipad2 and two Ipad4 in my home architecture. I am using an Apple Tv to mirror my Ipads on a big screen Tv, I have NFL Game Pass to watch NFL games and Plex to stream my entire movies collection from my computer to the tablets with subtitles, i have a Minix X5 Android mini Pc for watching video streams from flash sites on my big screen Tv, I have access to hudred of thousand of apps in both App store and Google Play. So, where do you see the PB fit here? It is a dead product.

Most likely this is my last post in the PB Forum. I am wishing you BB fan boys happy misery, because this is what BB decided to give to its customers. While you will complain I am enjoying my digital setup, my Kindle, my Skype, my movies, my games... You see the picture.

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD
    Magnesus, Araslan and Sergeant HCR like this.
    06-29-13 02:38 PM
    IMHO, if you're going for an Android tablet, go for a Kindle Fire HD device. Much better and more streamlined towards content and apps then screwing around with a Nexus 7 or 10. Plus, the wifi and speakers are supposedly best in class.
    I personally recommend first trying Note 10.1 (or Note 8.0 - but it has worse battery life) - the Wacom stylus is just the most useful thing! I wrote hundreds of pages (literally!) with it (I recommend LectureNotes app) on university and at work. If not the Note then go for Nexus, not for Kindle Fire - we, developers, first release to Google Play and ignore Amazon AppStore most of the time (unless you live in US - then Amazon has a lot of content to offer I suppose).

PS. And Note 10.1 also has very good speakers and uses Wolfson chip.
    06-29-13 03:34 PM
    So, where do you see the PB fit here? It is a dead product.
    I still intend to make my PB into a gorgeous photo frame.
    Sergeant HCR likes this.
    06-29-13 03:39 PM
    They're in a difficult position with the lack of BB10 devices sales and need to focus on growth, not making some faithful users happy.
    Yes.. Not listening and helping customers will lead to more sales
    06-29-13 08:06 PM
    This thread should be shut down.
    06-29-13 09:13 PM
    This thread should be shut down.
    So should Rimberry in tbeir current incarnation.

And who appointed you hall monitor? You little Apple polisher you.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-29-13 09:43 PM
    There is a petition in change.org
    06-30-13 03:07 PM
    What's the big deal? I mean, didn you know it wasn't coming months ago - due to system spec. limitations? Why is anyone surprised? It still works they way it is. It would be a slug with BB10 on it.
    Oh I am NOT surprised by the announcement, only that BlackBerry management would blatantly mislead its customers. Make no mistake we are the customers not the wireless carriers...without the people whom actually use the products and services there would be no BlackBerry. And what is Thorsten thinking by announcing a new BlackBerry OS 7 smartphone? Is BlackBerry all in for BlackBerry OS 10 or not?
    07-01-13 04:59 AM
    How can one expect a company who is barely keeping their heads above water to release a new OS for a tablet that is over 2 years old and was a flop from the start.
    BlackBerry management screwed their tablet initiative from the outset. The marketing was virtually non-existent and the first software release was not professional-grade by any stretch of the imagination. The early adopters bought into the BlackBerry PlayBook as a signal to the company that we still believed in the new direction Mike and Jim were taking the company. We supported the application developers through purchase of their applications and for a time the developers were eager to create applications for this platform. There is nobody except BlackBerry mismanagement to blame for the failure of the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-01-13 05:13 AM
    They have removed the Bridge apps like email, calendar, memo, tasks, contacts. You can still OPEN ON and you can still use the bb phones for data to the pb.
    BlackBerry Bridge allowed us to read and reply to email, for example, without downloading the email to the tablet nor having to click 'Open on' on the smartphone. The smartphone could be in your pocket or in your bedroom while you were reading email on the BlackBerry PlayBook in the livingroom. Stop being a BlackBerry apologist.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-01-13 05:19 AM
103 ... 2345